Kraken tank stopped firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reikokuko

Jan 20, 2014
Downey, CA
Hi all:

Long time lurker, just created a new account, hope to be more active and give back. Please move this post to it's appropriate section. (Also, I am willing to donate if that will remove my post restriction so I can get help on this issue quicker, send me a PM mods).

I rebuilt my kraken tank recently with a mesh wick, eko wool sheath and about a 0.8ohm coil (.30ga 3-4 wraps I believe). It didn't turn out as well as I thought it would. I let it sit around and maybe hit it 2-3 more times throughout the rest of the day to see if it would get better and in the end, it stopped firing. I thought it may have been something with my build, so I rebuilt it with a micro-coil setup and it clocked in at about 1.0 ohms (I was planning on using a horseshoe cotton wick). Tried to test fire the coil, still a no go. I busted out my multimeter and started doing some continuity tests and everything checks out. With the coil in, I get a resistance reading, with the coil out there's no continuity (so no short there). With the battery in and the coil out, I am getting a tiny voltage reading, Maybe 0.1 or so, I figured this is just from natural battery drain, I do not get a reading with the button pressed however. And with the coil in and battery connected, I am not getting anything and with the button pressed I do not get anything.

I'm don't really sure what else I can check, everything checks out and it should work.

(I have tried it on my turtleship mod, my ADAM mod and the eVic, all mods able to fire my other RDAs and none of them clones).

Thank you in advance.

reikokuko

Jan 20, 2014
Downey, CA
None of my mods have adjustable centerpins, but I played around with them and reseated them. I put some thermal paste on the center pin of the kraken and screwed it into both of my mods and it did come off onto the mods so they are making contact. I cleaned everything up and did another continuity test for kicks and I actually saw 3.7v coming through with the button pressed, put the coil in and sure enough, it's firing now...

Not sure exactly what did it, but it could have been with the center pins and re-seating them fixed it.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread