Status
Not open for further replies.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
The manual says it basically operates as a mechanical with a fresh battery (can't regulate down.) Would it be safe to use LiFePO4 batteries which run at 3.3-3.5 volts?

Tried it and battery protection kicks in so it won't fire.

Mine reads 0.00V on the battery all the time the picture of the battery drops but not the numbers?

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
Because if it's made by the original manufacturer it's made to preform to specific specifications. It's not about where it's made KSD, Tobecco, etc., aren't licensed to make dna chips so they don't have to adhere to Evolv's specifications. They may or they may not but they don't have to.

Have you looked on its output on a scope. I saw a you-tube where it was scoped and was significantly better than the SVD & Kick rattle snakes. Its not rocket science to duplicate a simple chip like this.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
This post died. Yes the mod is a pos. Ihave perfected a conversion to a real dna 30 installing a new 510 positive connection. Unfortunately, the cost is $55 in parts. Takes2 to 3 hours.
Did you take any photos?

I like the idea of a genuine DNA tube mod but the cloned chipsets tend to be flaky at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread