Kylin II RTA by VandyVape Review - Flavor Beast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneVape_Review

Jan 21, 2019
Malaysia

Kylin II rta by VandyVape

INTRODUCTION
VandyVape has been a well know company that comes out with many popular products such as the Kylin series RTA, Pulse series squonk mod / rda and the Bonza series rda. Today, let's have a look at the Kylin II / Kylin v2 RTA. The Kylin II is a 24mm RTA, with a pipe half styled build deck which supports both single and dual coil. It has been an upgrade from the original Kylin, which many people had faced with leaking issues. It then came out with the Kylin v1.5 which had solved the issues and finally with the Kylin v2. How well does the Kylin v2 performs in terms of wicking, leaking, flavor, and vapor production? To find out more, let me explain and show you some of the pictures I took below.

SPECIFICATIONS
Diameter ( base ) : 24 mm
Height ( w/o drip tip) : 38.15 mm
Weight : 124 g
Capacity : 3 ml ( straight glass ) / 5 ml ( bubble glass )

COLORS
Stainless Steel
Matte Grey
Gun Metal
Matte Black
Gold
Blue
Rainbow

IN THE BOX
1 x Kylin II RTA
1 x Straight Glass
1 x Spare Drip Tip
1 x Coil Lead Guide
2 x Triple Fused Clapton Coils
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 x Hex Screwdriver
4 x Hex Screws
3 x O-Rings
1 x User Manual

Kylin II Packaging

In The Box - Missing Spare Drip Tip and Straight Glass ( Forgot To Take It Out Of The Box )

AESTHETICS
The Kylin II is a beautifully made RTA. I love how they included resin drip tips instead of just giving you a plain black drip tip. Resin drip tip colors may vary depending on which color you get for the RTA. I bought the blue Kylin II and it came with a semi-translucent blue and white resin drip tip. If the protruding lip on the top cap bothers you, they included you with a plain black drip tip that you can use it to cover the lip. Bubble glass is already installed on the Kylin II when you buy it. The bubble glass looks better than the straight glass on the Kylin II, in my opinion. There is a white triangle marked on the sliding top fill cap to indicate where to push. The airflow control ring has 'design' on it for better grip to turn the airflow. Overall, the Kylin II is a beautiful and a catch to the eye RTA.

Overall Look Of Kylin II

BUILD QUALITY
Build quality on the Kylin II is good. Smooth threading when taking apart and putting back together as well as screwing and unscrewing off the mod. No sharp edges can be seen or felt which is a plus as it is a user friendly RTA. No machining oil on it when I first took it out the box, everything was just clean. No scratches or color drop off can be seen after washing a few times using an ultrasonic cleaner. The resin drip tip that was installed on the mod is very comfortable in the mouth. O-rings tension are perfect unlike on the Kylin Mini, I have to use quite some strength to push out the glass tank. Build deck is pretty clean and smooth. The hex screws that are provided are strong and it have not stripped on me.

EASE OF USE
The Kylin II is made up of 4 different parts: Build deck, glass tank, chimney with top fill sliding cap, and 810 resin drip tip.

Taking it apart and putting it back together is easy as it doesn't require any special tool to disassemble. Building on the Kylin II's build deck is a breeze because of its spacious build deck. This whole RTA has a nice restriction to it which makes it simple to clean or to take apart. The Kylin II has made changes from the previous Kylin series RTA; screwing of top cap to sliding top fill cap. The filling hole is very generous, it is quite a large hole so it won't be easy to mess it up. I find the restriction of the sliding cap a bit on the loose side, it's not very loose but just a little loose. So you have to be careful when you place the tank in your pocket or bag as it might open on your somehow. Just bear this in mind. The restriction on the spare drip tip is very tight and is nearly impossible for me to take it out. I have to really dig it with my nails and use a lot of strength to take it off which I find it a major con.

Different Parts Of Kylin II

Large Fill Hole

BUILD DECK
As mentioned above, the build deck is a spacious build deck which you wouldn't need to restrict your coil diameter or have to squeeze your coils to screw it in. The half-piped style build deck is a very unique build deck and at the same time looks very familiar. It has 3 airflow slots on each side of the deck and 8 honeycomb airflow slots in the middle. Sounds familiar to you, isn't it? It looks like they took the airflow designs from both the original Kylin and the Kylin Mini, mix into one build deck. The placement of hex screw is angled upwards for easier screwing.

Half-Piped Style Build Deck

Angled Hex Screws Placement

INSTALLATION OF COILS
The Kylin II is able to do single and dual coil mode. I've not tried the single coil mode, only dual coil mode from day one. Installation is simple. Use the provided coil lead guide and there is a marking marked in white at the 5mm length. Slot your coil in one by one and snip off the excess coil legs. Once done, insert the coils into the post holes, screw it in and remove the hot spots. I have been using 3mm diameter coils and have not tried anything bigger than that. Don't worry, you are able to fit bigger ID coils. I like how VandyVape provides 2 triple fused clapton coils and the coil lead guide. It can be used as a benchmark so that we don't have to guess how long the coil legs have to be.

Provided Triple Fused Clapton Coils

PERFORMANCE
Wicking - Cotton I'm using is Cotton Bacon Prime by Wick 'N' Vape. I inserted the cotton into both coils, ensuring that there are restrictions between the cotton and the coil. Thinned and fluffed the ends out then gently slot the cotton ends in. Make sure not to pack the wicking holes with cotton if not juice will not travel up to your coil efficiently and thus, causing a dry hit. Use one side of your tweezers to ensure that it can fit nicely with no restriction into the wicking holes that is between the cotton and the threading. The Kylin II wicks well and I've not experienced any dry hits while chain vaping. I realized that it don't use up juice as fast as other dual coil RTAs do and that is from my experience.

Airflow - The Kylin II provides a smooth airflow all across the board. It is quite a loud airflow but after closing down 1/4 of the airflow, it is not as loud as when it's fully opened but is still loud. The Kylin II has a "Beveled Airflow System" which allows air to travel up individually through the airflow from each side. The middle is blocked off so one side of the air will only travel up half the airflow slots and the other side will travel up to the other half. The airflow is very airy for me as I prefer a more restrictive vape but closing the the airflow by 1/4 or 1/2 helps a lot.

Flavor and Vapor Production - Flavor produced by the Kylin II is totally out-of-this-world, at least for me. I am able to get stronger butter notes from my Strawberry Jam Monster. Vapor production is not bad as well, huge dense clouds. The Kylin II will be a go to RTA for both flavor and cloud chasers.

SUMMARY
The Kylin II by VandyVape is a 24mm diameter RTA which has a mix of the original Kylin and Kylin Mini airflow system put into one. It has a half-piped styled build deck which supports both single and dual coil mode. Kylin II has the looks and is really beautiful on all my mods, even alone its is beautiful. Build quality is perfect with no scratches, no color drop, and all the threading are smooth. I can tell that VandyVape is trying to achieve a user friendly RTA for the Kylin II. The made a spacious build deck, a slide filling top cap with a large refill hole. The even angled the hex screws placement upwards for easier screwing. Kudos to you, VandyVape! Installation of coil is simple as they provided you with a coil lead guide or a coily lookalike tool so you won't have to guess the coil leg length for a postless build deck. Performance is great; it wicks efficiently, it has a smooth but loud airflow and the flavor and vapor production is just insane! The Kylin II is truly a flavor beast.

If I lose the Kylin II RTA today, will I get another one for myself tomorrow? YES without even needing to think about it.

PROS
  • Excellent Flavor
  • Excellent Vapor Production
  • Build Quality
  • Spacious Build Deck
  • Great Wicking
  • Smooth Airflow
  • Coil Lead Guide Provided
  • 2 Coils Provided

CONS
  • Loud Airflow
  • Sliding Top Cap A Little Loose ( Subjective )
  • Spare Drip Tip Has A Tight Fitting ( Subjective )

Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Kylin II RTA by VandyVape. This is TheOneVape_Review, signing off.

REVIEWER DISCLAIMER: I only type reviews during my free time so some products may take quite some time to be posted up. All products are used for 2 weeks or more.

PRODUCT DISCLAIMER: The Kylin v2 RTA is not sponsored by any companies or shops. All products I reviewed are bought with my own money.

PICTURE DISCLAIMER: All pictures posted in my threads are purely taken by me and only me. Do not use without my acknowledgment or giving any credits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread