Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I have to admit that the Lambo 6 piqued my interest initially (Hey, a 20 watt, 6 volt capable mod for $60? What's not to like, right?) until I watched the PBusardo video where he showed the regulation issues with the device.

Since then, I keep searching every once in a while to see if there's any information on either a fix or a revised, updated version that's available.

There's been no updates on TasteYourJuice since October.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything?

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
I just received my Lambo 6 from smoktek. I talked via phone to Luke to ask him about the issues PBusardo brought up during his video review. Luke told me it had everything to do with the batteries used, NOT the Lambo 6 PV itself. I hope that Phil will do another review or revise his existing one to inform those interested in the

One must use high amp discharge batteries, 30 amp discharge rate minimum. Such as the Sony US18650VTC4 2100 mAH 30 amp unit or the MNKE 1500 mAH unit (the one with the ORANGE cover).

Here are the specs for the MNKE battery:

MNKE Rechargeable 18650 IMR 1500 mAh Batteries
  • Size: 18650 (18mm diameter / 650mm long)
  • Type: Li-Mn02Rated
  • Capacity: 1500mAh (High Drain)
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.8V / Peak Voltage: 4.2V
  • Rechargeable: Yes
  • Protected: No
  • Style: Flat Top
  • Color: Orange
  • Maximum Continuous Discharging Current: 20A
  • Maximum Rated Discharging Current: 30A
  • Maximum Pulse Discharging Current: 60A
  • Maximum Continuous Charging Current: 6.5A
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.8V
  • Maximum Charge Voltage: 4.2V
  • Temperature Range/Discharge: -20~60degree
  • Temperature Range/Charge: 0~45degree
  • Temperature Range/Storage: -20~35 degree
  • Internal Resistance at Shipping: 23 mΩ
MNKE battery.jpg

Here are the specs for the SONY US18650VTC4 battery:

SONY Rechargeable US18650VTC4 IMR 2100 mAh Batteries

• Type: Li-Mn Hybrid
  • Rated Capacity: 2100mAh (High Drain)
  • Normal Operating Voltage: 3.7V / Peak Voltage: 4.2V
  • Style: Flat Top / Color: Green
  • Initial Discharging Current: 15A
  • Maximum Rated Continuous Discharging Current: 30A
  • Nominal Operating Voltage: 3.2V
  • Weight: 55g
Sony battery.jpg

These work GREAT in the Lambo 6! I am vaping a Taifun GT HCigar clone with 28 ga. Kanthal A-1 wire spaced 6 wrap @ 5/64" ID @ 0.9 ohms and cotton wicking running at 20 watts!

It is the frickin' schnizzle!! :thumbs: :vapor:

When I hit the fire button there's a slightly muted POP then tons of vapor and flavor! I only need to take about a one second hit it's that good. I'm a mouth inhaler not a lung inhaler 'cause that's the way I used to smoke... cigarettes that is! Wink, wink... nudge, nudge! :2cool:

I also use an AGA T2 Genesis-style RBA on a Nemesis mod and these batteries work great in this device.

I hope this info provides the answer you need. BTW, Smoktek is selling the Lambo 6 for $45.95 on sale! Jump on it! That's what I paid for mine and they shipped out very fast, got mine in 3 business days.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I've been keeping an eye on this device since it came out... Personally, I wouldn't own one until further revisions are made. Extensive testing was conducted here using scopes:

VV & VW Akkuträger L-Rider Lambo6.0: mit Leistung bis 20W » Mountain Prophet (Language selection on the left of page)

My conclusion:
For friends of evaporators with low resistance values ​​0.8 ohm to 1.4 ohm brings about the Lambo v6 more power than any previously tested by me single-battery-battery carrier.

Users of vaporizers in the somewhat more common range from 1.8 ohms to 2.6 ohms still get a neat and easy-to-use battery carrier, but now not really benefit from the higher performance.

Ultra Low-res (below 0.8 ohms) steamer also with the Lambo6 no joy: Although he fires even at 0.5 ohms and short times at 0.3 ohms, but it comes as nothing usable in out. For this group of buyers, it remains in mechanical devices, without the electronics.

The VW mode lags behind the maximum in performance after quite impressive VV operating something disturbing lack of precision and the voltage limits. Not, however, up to 20 W and 0.8 ohms .. - VariWatt other manufacturers make better So again as already: who wants to steam with 0.8 ohms VW, reaching for his Lambo6 ..

The processing is now no high-end level, but also not a cheap plastic, in my opinion equivalent Smok Zmax crafted in stainless steel costs again significantly more and the Lambo 6.0 brings with it also a clear added value. Not the cheapest AT, not the most expensive, lots of power, easy to use - goes in my opinion okay.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just got mine today and I'm pretty miffed that I have to buy a different battery just for this mod (if that's even the case) All my other mods work great with all my other batteries, yet this one, meh. I love the look, the features, and the concept. The execution is bollocks. Or, at the very least, there should have been something in the description (which there isn't on any retailer I've seen) that says it needs specific battery specs. I'm very disappointed and hope they fix this nonsense in a future revision. Luckily, I got mine on clearance. I wonder why they didn't sell and they went on clearance....../rhetorical

Smoktek btw.

CBCstillmatic

Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
I too am curious why this needs such high amperage for a regulated mod even when trying to fire a 2 ohm coil at say 4 volts or 9 watts like I do on my provari, vamo, vtr and svd that work great with 10A batteries. I almost pulled the trigger on the clearance myself but don't want to order new batteries just use with it when I already have 6 new batteries that are a mix of aw and Panasonic.

Is the performance that much better than my other mods that it would be worth it? If it is then I might bite.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I had mine now for a month and it works with the standard IMR 18650 10A batteries up to about 15 watts with no problems using 1.5 to 2.3 ohm coils. Now I happen to have two of the EFest 35A and a pair of the Sony 30A which really seem to go all the way to 20A with .5 ohm to 1.3 ohm. Now I'm not a fan of coils lower than .9 with the sweet spot about 1.2 ohms with the Lambo 6. Now I also use these batteries in my Nemesis as well.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I too am curious why this needs such high amperage for a regulated mod even when trying to fire a 2 ohm coil at say 4 volts or 9 watts like I do on my provari, vamo, vtr and svd that work great with 10A batteries. I almost pulled the trigger on the clearance myself but don't want to order new batteries just use with it when I already have 6 new batteries that are a mix of aw and Panasonic.

Is the performance that much better than my other mods that it would be worth it? If it is then I might bite.

Performance no. Where this thing excels is looks and options. If they get it right I'd spend more. I'm using it right now with a kayfun and an efest imr but it's a big difference from my Sid. Less output for sure.

CBCstillmatic

Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
I had mine now for a month and it works with the standard IMR 18650 10A batteries up to about 15 watts with no problems using 1.5 to 2.3 ohm coils. Now I happen to have two of the EFest 35A and a pair of the Sony 30A which really seem to go all the way to 20A with .5 ohm to 1.3 ohm. Now I'm not a fan of coils lower than .9 with the sweet spot about 1.2 ohms with the Lambo 6. Now I also use these batteries in my Nemesis as well.

I know I've seen pbusardo's review and when his was showing issues he was using Panasonic 10A batteries and don't think he was using low ohm coils. I've seen l rider response stating he was using the wrong batteries and you have to use at least 20A. This thing seams all over the place with some stating 20A is a must and others saying theirs is fine with 10A. I was just curious as to why it would require 20A to work properly even when not using low ohm coils.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I know I've seen pbusardo's review and when his was showing issues he was using Panasonic 10A batteries and don't think he was using low ohm coils. I've seen l rider response stating he was using the wrong batteries and you have to use at least 20A. This thing seams all over the place with some stating 20A is a must and others saying theirs is fine with 10A. I was just curious as to why it would require 20A to work properly even when not using low ohm coils.

What I kind of get from it as it will work with 10A up to a point such as say 12 or 15 watts depending on the ohms of your coils. I will go to 6 volts with it and PBusardo didn't see problems until he passed the upper limits above 15 watts. Remember the Lambo is supposed to go from 1 watt to 20 watts. Most don't go down or up that high, but that is just a guess on my part. I don't really vape often above 12 watts I've taken mine up to the max just to see and had no problem with either the 30A or 35A IMR 18650 out there now. I don't have the equipment though to test it as Busardo does.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Smoktek is giving me a store credit for mine, although they did not publish my review on it (negative) as they did publish my review on the SID (positive). I'll have to look into that. As for the device, I'm not going to test anything else on it, low power is one thing, but when the head heats up like an oven, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know something is wrong. Hope they get this sorted out because as an overall concept, I want it, and I want it to work. Good marks for Smoktek customer service, despite not publishing the negative review. I'll update with anything remarkable related to the vendor or the device but with these issues I personally feel it's a dangerous item that should be avoided.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Smoktek is giving me a store credit for mine, although they did not publish my review on it (negative) as they did publish my review on the SID (positive). I'll have to look into that. As for the device, I'm not going to test anything else on it, low power is one thing, but when the head heats up like an oven, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know something is wrong. Hope they get this sorted out because as an overall concept, I want it, and I want it to work. Good marks for Smoktek customer service, despite not publishing the negative review. I'll update with anything remarkable related to the vendor or the device but with these issues I personally feel it's a dangerous item that should be avoided.

I agree when it heats up like you say there is a problem with it. Mine has worked pretty much perfectly since I got it and I've been using it 90% of the time since I got it Feb. 3rd. I've not had it long but it has been pretty much in non stop mode for me. My Vamo 5 is sitting at the moment with the new Nemesis getting the 10% of the action since I got it last week.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree when it heats up like you say there is a problem with it. Mine has worked pretty much perfectly since I got it and I've been using it 90% of the time since I got it Feb. 3rd. I've not had it long but it has been pretty much in non stop mode for me. My Vamo 5 is sitting at the moment with the new Nemesis getting the 10% of the action since I got it last week.

Not to beat a dead mod, but yea, the downer is that I REALLY like it. If it "worked" and didn't burn my face off I could see it replacing my vamo, my SID, the SVD, and the Sigelei. I'm a sucker for convenience buttons and the stainless body was awesome. I asked Smoktek if they can replace it with one that works, of if they think I should just move to another device. Awaiting reply. I doubt they'll answer that because it is basically admitting that stock is a crap shoot. LRider needs to up the game, my Lambo 4 is still going strong.

etab

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
England
I just received my Lambo 6 from Smoktek. I talked via phone to Luke to ask him about the issues PBusardo brought up during his video review. Luke told me it had everything to do with the batteries used, NOT the Lambo 6 PV itself. I hope that Phil will do another review or revise his existing one to inform those interested in the

One must use high amp discharge batteries, 30 amp discharge rate minimum. Such as the Sony US18650VTC4 2100 mAH 30 amp unit or the MNKE 1500 mAH unit (the one with the ORANGE cover).

Here are the specs for the MNKE battery:

MNKE Rechargeable 18650 IMR 1500 mAh Batteries
  • Type: Li-Mn02Rated
  • Capacity: 1500mAh (High Drain)
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.8V / Peak Voltage: 4.2V
  • Style: Flat Top
  • Color: Orange
  • Maximum Continuous Discharging Current: 20A
  • Maximum Rated Discharging Current: 30A
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.8V
  • Temperature Range/Discharge: -20~60degree
  • Temperature Range/Charge: 0~45degree
  • Temperature Range/Storage: -20~35 degree
  • Internal Resistance at Shipping: 23 mΩ
View attachment 298140

Here are the specs for the SONY US18650VTC4 battery:

SONY Rechargeable US18650VTC4 IMR 2100 mAh Batteries

• Type: Li-Mn Hybrid
  • Rated Capacity: 2100mAh (High Drain)
  • Normal Operating Voltage: 3.7V / Peak Voltage: 4.2V
  • Style: Flat Top / Color: Green
  • Initial Discharging Current: 15A
  • Maximum Rated Continuous Discharging Current: 30A
  • Nominal Operating Voltage: 3.2V
  • Weight: 55g
View attachment 298141

These work GREAT in the Lambo 6! I am vaping a Taifun GT HCigar clone with 28 ga. Kanthal A-1 wire spaced 6 wrap @ 5/64" ID @ 0.9 ohms and cotton wicking running at 20 watts!

It is the frickin' schnizzle!! :thumbs: :vapor:

When I hit the fire button there's a slightly muted POP then tons of vapor and flavor! I only need to take about a one second hit it's that good. I'm a mouth inhaler not a lung inhaler 'cause that's the way I used to smoke... cigarettes that is! Wink, wink... nudge, nudge! :2cool:

I also use an AGA T2 Genesis-style RBA on a Nemesis mod and these batteries work great in this device.

I hope this info provides the answer you need. BTW, Smoktek is selling the Lambo 6 for $45.95 on sale! Jump on it! That's what I paid for mine and they shipped out very fast, got mine in 3 business days.

Spot on - thanks for the info the Sony batteries work brilliantly with the Apollo V3.0, no issues at all - mega performance now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread