• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Lady Bookworms Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnyfarm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
East Texas
Okay, for the Jean Auel fans who haven't read the final book in the series, Land of Painted Caves, I would ALmost say don't bother!!! :mad: It's pretty lousy! If I had the patience, I'd go back and count how many times she describes how Ayla makes tea, or how Ayla ended up with her accent, or every minute detail of every single painted cave in France, and any of I don't know HOW many subjects she goes over and over and over ad nauseum!! The repetition is mind-boggling!!

I found a couple of websites for fans of hers and of the series and the majority of fans of the series were disgusted with it! If you'd like a better version of some of it, go to ecfans.com to the fan fiction section and read some of those, particularly by avmoran. DESperately needs a good proofreader, and definitely needs an editor, but WOW can she tell a story! And she writes about all that stuff that Auel didn't, i.e. Durc and his life with the clan, Danug and his journey to visit Ayla.... I loved them -- you might, too! :)

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Cozad, Nebraska, United States
Those of you who like Dave Sadaris might like a new book by Wade Rouse, "At Least in the City Someone Would Hear Me Scream". I got it on my kindle Sunday morning (6/14) and finished it Monday...I found it hysterical.

Whoa how'd this get quoted and posted in here. Sorry lol.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    *pops in and waves*

Hello, Seen this thread and absolutely had to say something... or yell it at the top of my lungs.:p

I LOVE READING!!!! almost to the point of insanity. I own over 500 paperback and hardback... and over 3000 e-books, no lies.
    Romance, fantasy, only one King novel(The Green Mile), Mystery, Horror, Some Sci-fi, Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon (Should be made into a movie{it's that good}) Goodness too many more to mention that I like. It's nice that I happened across the Women's Room.

Celti

Catmom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2011
    Blue Ridge Heaven
    Hi in here Celti. I've read lots and lots of Stephen King books. I've served him through the drive through window at McDonalds, seen him at University of Maine baseball games, and driven past his house probably hundreds of times. No, I'm not a stalker, I used to live in the same area of Bangor that he does, LOL.

Welcome to the Women's Room! Do you like chocolate too?

20130124-1301_untitled110.jpg

keep-calm-and-read-books-eat-chocolate.png

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Moving to Alabama is always a switch.... :laugh: it's a place unto itself :facepalm: There are vapemeets in huntsville and birmingham every couple of months - there's a link in my signature to the Alabama vaper subforum if you're interested

...and after you get done with the cute picture thread, there's the pet thread, and the crafts thread .... :lol:

Catmom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2011
    Blue Ridge Heaven
    I'm addicted to the women's room too, LOL. I rarely go anywhere else in the forum anymore. Now and then I'll pop into the KR808 thread to see if there's any new equipment I'm interested in, but I'm perfectly content with my setup and my juice now, and have been for about a year. But I love the chat thread and the cute pictures thread and of course the cat thread (I mean the pets thread, LOL). Now I think of it more as the Arka and Azamet thread. I'm in love with someone else's pets, LOL.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I grew up with 7 cats... when I moved away I left my cat with my mom because of all the dogs (about 12 or so at the time). I started getting allergies to cats and every time I visit my mama I have take allergy meds and wash the sheets and stuff(it's bad). My kitty, Jazzy is so mean... now I just give her a quick pet then get quickly away(her claws are super sharp!!) and my allergies don't flare up;). But I still love the little furballs even if I can't live with them again. Now my little bundle of joy is a chihuahua/ boston terrier mix(mostly boston terrier) named Bruno. I'll post him in the pet thread soon, just gotta catch up everywhere first.

Catmom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2011
    Blue Ridge Heaven
    Celti, sorry your allergies keep you from having cats! I've always known I was allergic to them, but having one or two wasn't that big a problem. Now we have seven, I'm stuffed up most of the time but it's really not too bad. The only time I've had an issue was this past spring when I got bronchitis and my asthma got out of control. I think it was the combination of the allergies and the bronchitis that was just too much for me. But I'm fine now, just sneeze now and then ;)

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I love my doggies:wub:

Okay, back to bookworming, (I didn't mean to hijack the thread:oops:) I am actually in the process of editing my first book(I didn't write it though). I have to start back Monday, as I was without a computer for about a month a half. It is a collection of short stories about the southern point of view during the Civil War(Fiction). Boy, is this some hard work, Grammar errors everywhere!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread