"Large" Battery and Auto vs. Manual Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhaler

Jan 30, 2012
Vancouver
I have two questions about equipment I ordered (haven't received yet) but am now wondering if I ordered the right things.

Would an Ego Mega Battery (900/1000) be considered a "large" battery?

I ask, because I ordered some cartomizers that the product description said are recommended to be used with larger batteries, as they tend to put too much of a strain on smaller batteries.

(Believe me, I tried to do my own research and the volume of info and types of batteries overwhelms me!!).

Also...I ordered two 2 ego Mega batteries (900) and on the order confirmation form, I noticed they were listed as:

Black - Auto
White - Manual

When I placed the order there was nothing about auto vs. manual so now I'm wondering if I'll be receiving a battery I can't use?! What is the difference between an auto vs. manual battery?

I am currently using 2 ego-t batteries (650) and atomizers.

I'm anxiously awaiting my new "toys", but just want to make sure I've ordered the right equipment.

Thanks in advance for any info and apologies if I'm posting questions already answered in other threads.

subliminalurge

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2011
Quad Cities
To answer the other part of your question:

A "manual" battery has a button that you have to push to activate it.

An "automatic" battery is "automatically" activated when you start sucking on the ecig.

Having used both, I'd have to say that the auto battery sounds better on paper, but the manual battery ends up being nicer to use in practice.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
When I placed the order there was nothing about auto vs. manual so now I'm wondering if I'll be receiving a battery I can't use?! What is the difference between an auto vs. manual battery?

The auto battery isn't sealed so you will have to be more careful not to get juice down the hole inside the threads. Make sure to blow out and wipe any newly filled cartos and be extra careful when topping off. Otherwise it is a matter of personal preference. Some people like manuals others like autos.

Last edited:

xhaler

Jan 30, 2012
Vancouver
Thank you all for the info. So now I have both a manual and an auto Mega Battery. But based on the information about leakage into the auto battery, I'm guessing I should not use it with my ego-T tank atomizer. I notice my battery is always a little wet. Should I then reserve the auto battery for use with cartomizers (which sound like they don't leak, or at least leak less)?

I will be receiving cartomizers that I ordered shortly, but have never used them before. Does that seem the logical/safe combination? auto batt & cartmoizers. manual batt & tank atomizers.

Thanks Again!

doctoronln9

Feb 8, 2012
Tampa
Either works, in my experience of three entire months. I find that if a tank atty is leaking, it just needs to be cleaned, but rarely do I have a problem with the liquid actually getting on the battery. The one time it did, a simple napkin works fine. Even cartomizers can leak, though it's very rare. I'd recommend you just experiment with all the combinations, and pick what works for you.

I never recommend refilling a tank or a cartomizer on the battery, personally.

EDIT: I'm using one of my auto 808s, and decided to give the battery a look. Something else to take into consideration; some of my 808s have a larger hole and some have a significantly smaller hole. It makes it a bit harder to draw, but it should also be better at keeping anything nasty out of your battery.

Last edited:

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
I use Echo auto batteries exculsively. If you use the Echo cartomizers they will not leak. Not now, not in the future, not ever. You will need to wipe off any excess juice though, but once dry on the outside, you are good to go. Now if you recieve a real joye auto bat they have been known in the past to triger on noise and wind. Havent seen any in a long long time though. You can get Echo-E cartomizers that fit the Ego 510 format. These will be just as leak proof as mine but be 2ml, rather than 3ml. I guess they need more room for the 510 connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread