manual volt vs automatic volt...DING DING

Status
Not open for further replies.

holly77

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
uk
I have the new sealed autos and i love them, i can get a better hit off them than from my manual 510, i even prefer using them to my riva but i only have 2 batteries so i keep them charged for when i go out and just use my riva at home because it is an 1100 so it will last me all day.
once i have a bit more money i am going to buy a few more and then my riva and other manuals will probably just be kept for spares.
The only problem is they don't last as long as larger batteries before they need charging but 1 volt will last me a shift at work (the 65mm) i do take 2 with me just in case though.
I haven't tried their cartos but i use standard kr808 d cartos and they work fine.
i just wish i had come across these before i wasted money on two different 510 autos because they were rubbish in comparison.

rtr720

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2011
Kansas city mo
Actually the PCC lists EXACTLY what it fits but you have to actually click on the title to go to the full page description. And t does fit 78mm batteries.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt Slider - Portable Battery Charging Case - (PCC) - Accessories

it took me a while but i did finally see that. since it says its capable of holding one of each and charging one of those ill probably go with a 65mm auto and one 78mm manual. why not have the best of both worlds since i cant really make up my mind

Sec

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Oh Canada
it took me a while but i did finally see that. since it says its capable of holding one of each and charging one of those ill probably go with a 65mm auto and one 78mm manual. why not have the best of both worlds since i cant really make up my mind

Good choice rtr720, I have both kinds of batteries and like them both. I do find that the manual does have a hotter/stronger hit. If you don't like the 5 second cutoff just "double tap" (yeah I'll trademark this move later) it. Take a 3-4 second drag, remove finger from the button for a split second then quicky press it again and keep hauling on it!! lol Makes for some serious hot vapor. Volts are awesome btw good choice.

SteelJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.youtube.com
I prefer the autos and like others have said, with the Volt batteries you don't need primer puffs, they work fine right away. Some folks like manual batteries, and I used to prefer them with other brands, but for SmokelessImage batteries, I prefer the automatic Volt. I don't like dripping, especially when I'm out and about, so I grab my SI SmartPCC, 2 charged batteries, and a pack of prefilled (or refilled by me) cartomizers. I don't want to be fiddling with eliquids when I'm busy.

Yes, the SmartPCC charges all of the Volt batteries. I keep mine plugged into my USB hub to stay charged up fully until I'm ready to go out. I go ahead and charge my Volt batteries in it while at my computer, handy system.

I'm not a fan of the MegaPCC, SI started carrying them because folks in these forums begged them to, but those were designed for old-style generic 808 batteries that had very little power, so they don't charge Volt batteries adequately... glad to see SI is discontinuing them.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new PCC that's supposed to be coming out soon. Going to have a huge battery in it, able to charge two Volt batteries multiple times and hold several cartomizers. The rep has been teasing us with snippets of photos on it here in the forums throughout the design of it. Can't wait!

To start vaping, you need at least 2 batteries, I recommend 3 so you always have one to vape even if you are charging up two, a charger, then at least one pack of cartomizers and a 30ml bottle of eliquid in the same flavor. For me, I've found if I keep eliquid in the cartomizers and never vape them all the way dry, I can keep one cartomizer going for a couple of weeks with no degradation in taste. At that point I can clean them, dry them, and use them longer, or replace them. I used to clean them, but now I replace them, feeling I've gotten my money's worth by that point, lol.

Oh, and it's good to have a drip tip, not necessarily because you plan to drip eliquid into the cartomizer (I don't drip, lol) but to hold the ecig in your mouth hands-free easier and to keep the heat from your lips. The cartomizers can get too hot for me, but maybe I'm just sensitive. :)

Happy Vaping!

rtr720

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2011
Kansas city mo
I prefer the autos and like others have said, with the Volt batteries you don't need primer puffs, they work fine right away. Some folks like manual batteries, and I used to prefer them with other brands, but for SmokelessImage batteries, I prefer the automatic Volt. I don't like dripping, especially when I'm out and about, so I grab my SI SmartPCC, 2 charged batteries, and a pack of prefilled (or refilled by me) cartomizers. I don't want to be fiddling with eliquids when I'm busy.

Yes, the SmartPCC charges all of the Volt batteries. I keep mine plugged into my USB hub to stay charged up fully until I'm ready to go out. I go ahead and charge my Volt batteries in it while at my computer, handy system.

I'm not a fan of the MegaPCC, SI started carrying them because folks in these forums begged them to, but those were designed for old-style generic 808 batteries that had very little power, so they don't charge Volt batteries adequately... glad to see SI is discontinuing them.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new PCC that's supposed to be coming out soon. Going to have a huge battery in it, able to charge two Volt batteries multiple times and hold several cartomizers. The rep has been teasing us with snippets of photos on it here in the forums throughout the design of it. Can't wait!

To start vaping, you need at least 2 batteries, I recommend 3 so you always have one to vape even if you are charging up two, a charger, then at least one pack of cartomizers and a 30ml bottle of eliquid in the same flavor. For me, I've found if I keep eliquid in the cartomizers and never vape them all the way dry, I can keep one cartomizer going for a couple of weeks with no degradation in taste. At that point I can clean them, dry them, and use them longer, or replace them. I used to clean them, but now I replace them, feeling I've gotten my money's worth by that point, lol.

Oh, and it's good to have a drip tip, not necessarily because you plan to drip eliquid into the cartomizer (I don't drip, lol) but to hold the ecig in your mouth hands-free easier and to keep the heat from your lips. The cartomizers can get too hot for me, but maybe I'm just sensitive. :)

Happy Vaping!

thanks for the great info steeljan. i noticed u over at the SI forum and on youtube. u seem to be somewhat of a vaping celebrity around here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread