Large capacity pod systems? Anything other than Penguin/Dolphin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
I am looking for a large capacity pod system. I have used the Penguin for several years (and the Dolphin) but I find a problem with the pods "sitting" in the system after a while, it is as if the pods somehow swell or something and dont sit flush in the system and you have to push them down manually each time you vape.
I have looked at other pod systems but all of them are 2ml or so capacity. For a heavy vaper, that aint gonna cut it.
Why arent more pod systems creating 5-8ml capacity pods?
Any ideas or feedback?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
joyetech just came out with a new one, the ATOpack magic. It has 7 mil capacity and 1300 mAh battery along with a coil which you can replace the cotton wick. I am waiting for it to come out and see how it gets reviewed by others before I buy though. Been mostly underwhelmed by joyetech pods thus far.
Joyetech ATOPACK Magic

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
Joyetech just came out with a new one, the ATOpack magic. It has 7 mil capacity and 1300 mAh battery along with a coil which you can replace the cotton wick. I am waiting for it to come out and see how it gets reviewed by others before I buy though. Been mostly underwhelmed by Joyetech pods thus far.
Joyetech ATOPACK Magic
Thanks! I am definitely going to preorder!

Reactions: Vicman

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
There is an EU law that forces companies to make a device that holds no more than 2 ml.
well that is the stupidest thing ever. so therefore i reckon, companies wont create many large capacity pod systems since us Americans would be the only ones to be able to buy?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
well that is the stupidest thing ever. so therefore i reckon, companies wont create many large capacity pod systems since us Americans would be the only ones to be able to buy?
Generally the way it works with non pod systems is tanks contain a removable volume reducing plug or tanks of two sizes. That’s harder with pods though. The EU is the only country with this restriction (for which you can thank British Tobacco) so many small countries do not follow the rule.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
First AiO would be the Billet Box with 5/5.5ML and customising options.
All other systems especially for the EU market are set to 2 ML.
Import from Asia/US could give more options.

The only thing is on this pods which brings me more and more away from them is the taste.
Nearly all of them have a direct output which is to low for the coils inside to produce flavour.
Orion is one which works. But actually expensive and not MTL capable.

Personally i think it is a must to have a chip if ready build coil heads are used.

Ordered my a SXK BBox now as pods just don't work for me.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
The only reason I use pod systems is that for many years i used all kinds of box mods with tank systems and found they all were confusing to use or leaked in my handbag or had some kind of problem. i am not a "techie" person and even though i have vaped for 12 years, i could never understand how to configure and use all those variable watt or variable temp mode things and just got frustrated. i cant begin to tell you how many ecigs and tanks i have thrown out and was just sick of it. btw i DIY all my liquids. i always vape hot cinnamon flavor and have for 12 years. i am interested in nicotine salts-not sure what they exactly are. but i have been vaping strong ejuice with 24mg for many many years and vape HEAVILY

• Optimistic

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
agree. leaking is horrible.
I used to vape all mech mods and calculated my coils always to get the best flavour out of them.
Now i moved back to MTL and missed flavour on all of the pods. Except the Orion and the Zero.
But still much less compared to the two tanks i bought. Since i recomposed all my liquids they to test much better in the tanks and i still miss flavour on the pods.

So i like to test ready build coil heads and here you need a chip to play around until you get the heat/flavour you would expect. These coils are not perfectly calculated and have a very wide range of watt recommendation. But the sweetspot in a liquid has a very close range. I would say around 5 watt. And this is how the chip can help you.

Maybe as i reduced from DL with RDAs to MTL on Tanks and pods i am still used to a flavourful vape.
And to be honest this is want i want from vaping. i am not a clear base vaper at all :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only reason I use pod systems is that for many years i used all kinds of box mods with tank systems and found they all were confusing to use or leaked in my handbag or had some kind of problem. i am not a "techie" person and even though i have vaped for 12 years, i could never understand how to configure and use all those variable watt or variable temp mode things and just got frustrated. i cant begin to tell you how many ecigs and tanks i have thrown out and was just sick of it. btw i DIY all my liquids. i always vape hot cinnamon flavor and have for 12 years. i am interested in nicotine salts-not sure what they exactly are. but i have been vaping strong ejuice with 24mg for many many years and vape HEAVILY
I’m assuming a MTL setup then as DL @24mg/ml is kinda nuts. I’m tempted to point you at a kroma-a kit. It is variable voltage I think (not sure) but it’s about as simple as VG mods get. Set it at 8w and lock it. We can talk you through how to do that if you need it. The innokin tank included is nice because the cartridges come out through the bottom, making it very simple and it’s quite leak resistant.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
agree. leaking is horrible.
I used to vape all mech mods and calculated my coils always to get the best flavour out of them.
Now i moved back to MTL and missed flavour on all of the pods. Except the Orion and the Zero.
But still much less compared to the two tanks i bought. Since i recomposed all my liquids they to test much better in the tanks and i still miss flavour on the pods.

So i like to test ready build coil heads and here you need a chip to play around until you get the heat/flavour you would expect. These coils are not perfectly calculated and have a very wide range of watt recommendation. But the sweetspot in a liquid has a very close range. I would say around 5 watt. And this is how the chip can help you.

Maybe as i reduced from DL with RDAs to MTL on Tanks and pods i am still used to a flavourful vape.
And to be honest this is want i want from vaping. i am not a clear base vaper at all :)
I provisionally disagree. Varying the wattage will get a better vape, but that needs to be contrasted with the not-wanting-to-mess-with-it requirement. Using a cartridge device at a single wattage will vary the vape somewhat from cartridge to cartridge but will simplify things.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
can yall believe that after vaping for over 12 years i dont even understand what MTL or DL means? i just vape! i need to seriously keep it simple stupid when it comes to ecig mods. the last two box mods i had before going to pod system were the Kanger Kong and Tesla Stealth. i did somewhat ok with them as they were simple but then i started having leaking issues despite what tank i bought. i still have the KONG but dont use it. i want to one day find my HOLY GRAIL of vape devices. I love my 24mg DIY red hot cinnamon ejuice i make and just need a solid easy device to deliver it!!!! appreciate any help. (oh and i looked at that billet box. hayull no i aint spending over $200 on a device!)

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Vaporesso Zero Pod system. Has 3 different heat settings. Replaceable pods and is easy to fill.
Very cheap and the pods as well. Small but limited to 2ML.

On the other hand it does not make much sense to offer high Liquid capacity with a small battery.
Cool thing on the zero is that it takes 45 minutes to load and you can vape for sure one pod with one battery load. Also as bigger the battery and tank as bigger the box/pod/device will be.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    can yall believe that after vaping for over 12 years i dont even understand what MTL or DL means? i just vape! i need to seriously keep it simple stupid when it comes to ecig mods. the last two box mods i had before going to pod system were the Kanger Kong and Tesla Stealth. i did somewhat ok with them as they were simple but then i started having leaking issues despite what tank i bought. i still have the KONG but dont use it. i want to one day find my HOLY GRAIL of vape devices. I love my 24mg DIY red hot cinnamon ejuice i make and just need a solid easy device to deliver it!!!! appreciate any help. (oh and i looked at that billet box. hayull no i aint spending over $200 on a device!)
    Cinnamon doesn't melt the plastic pod tanks then? that's great.
    (welcome back to the forum)

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 17, 2008
    Cinnamon doesn't melt the plastic pod tanks then? that's great.
    (welcome back to the forum)

nope. have had no problems with pod tanks melting. now whether the cinnamon has something to do with pod tanks eventually swelling or whatever it does that makes them not "sit" well in the vaping system, i dont know.

• Informative
    Reactions: Foggy Road

brewbear

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    hayull no i aint spending over $200 on a device!)
    You don't have to! It is a high dollar item but the vape quality is well worth the "price of admission". There is a SXK version of it for about $90. The expense is in the bridges it uses - the tank insert that allows you to use coils. The SXK comes with an adapter for Kanger OCC coils, one for Nautilus coils and something very much like the Kanger RBA that allows you to make and install your own coils.
    MTL = Mouth To Lung, the same way you'd smoke a cigarette, some like a looser draw, others (myself included) a tight to very tight draw.
    DL = Direct Lung, kinda like smoking a hookah.
    I found all the OCC and Nautilus coils a bit too airy but you might be OK with them. One word of caution, the tanks will tend to seep. I bought several boro tanks from Billet Box Vapor and never have I had a leak with them. The added advantage of the SXK version is that it takes about 30 seconds to fill.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I am looking for a large capacity pod system. I have used the Penguin for several years (and the Dolphin) but I find a problem with the pods "sitting" in the system after a while, it is as if the pods somehow swell or something and dont sit flush in the system and you have to push them down manually each time you vape.
    I have looked at other pod systems but all of them are 2ml or so capacity. For a heavy vaper, that aint gonna cut it.
    Why arent more pod systems creating 5-8ml capacity pods?
    Any ideas or feedback?
    Here you go. 7 ml, refillable, and you can change the cotton. Actually looks interesting.
    https://www.joyetech.com/product/atopack-magic/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread