Large Five Pawns Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPiccione

Mar 20, 2014
Orlando
I vape five pawns 99% of the time. About 3 weeks ago I ran out and decided not to order any because I thought I could hold out for my pre ordered Castle Long Reserves. After going through small bottle after bottle of Plume Room, Halo, and Cosmic Fog to fill the void ... I caved. I put a 220.00$ order to five pawns last night and I feel a little guilty. On that same note, I cant wait to have 8 bottles of liquid plus the 2 of CLR :) Anyone ever make a rash purchase like this?

sb713

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Houston
If i was making good money a year, sure why not. I am considering getting the 30ML Castle Reserve though just to try it out today, seems a little high at $37.5 but i might take the plunge just browsing seeing/reading about Castle Long to see if its worth it ( how i found this thread). Only flavor I've tried from 5 Pawns is Gambit i thought it was just OK.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yeah, and the strange part is now I got to get rid of my CL (no "R" in this one). I think I liked it better at 6 mg instead of 12 mg. It blows my mind that with 5P I like their liquids better at 6 mg than higher -- they're likely the only co. I am that way with. Now, my 6 mg Queenside is doing nothing other than dwindling. I think I may have to cut it though because it is just too damn flavorful sometimes out of my Origen -- maybe I should cut the CL???? That would be awesome to get more out of it by dilution. Maybe I'll hang on to it.

But to answer the OP's question: yes, I often go buckwild with spending -- especially on those things I KNOW I love.

Spend it if you got it and it don't hurt to do so. Vape the way you want to vape and let others do the same -- without judgement.

Last edited:

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
I don't think I've spent more than $250 on juice since I started vaping 2 years ago. But reading the description on that Castle Long Reserve.. I can't blame you. I've never tried any premium juice, but if it tastes half as good as the description, I'd say its worth it. I wouldn't vape it daily but it would be a nice treat.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I just blew $110 at Five Pawns after trying both of their sampler packs. I've decided that I can't live without Castle Long, Queenside, Grandmaster and my personal new favorite, Perpetual Check.

I tried DIY once, with no nicotine. It was a dismal failure and I won't be trying it again. Also, I'm such a paranoid person with chemicals that I don't want to mess around with the nicotine. I enjoy a complex vape way too much to screw around for months trying to make a beautiful and complex liquid that I can enjoy. Besides, now that I'm not smoking I can definitely afford it.

I work hard. I deserve to pay someone else--who is far more talented than I--to make me some beautiful liquid. For now, Five Pawns is that 'someone else'. :)

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
I just blew $110 at Five Pawns after trying both of their sampler packs. I've decided that I can't live without Castle Long, Queenside, Grandmaster and my personal new favorite, Perpetual Check.

I tried DIY once, with no nicotine. It was a dismal failure and I won't be trying it again. Also, I'm such a paranoid person with chemicals that I don't want to mess around with the nicotine. I enjoy a complex vape way too much to screw around for months trying to make a beautiful and complex liquid that I can enjoy. Besides, now that I'm not smoking I can definitely afford it.

I work hard. I deserve to pay someone else--who is far more talented than I--to make me some beautiful liquid. For now, Five Pawns is that 'someone else'. :)

Compared to what most people used to spend on the "others" it really isn't that bad. Throwing the credit card at your favorite vendor is easy and takes the work out of it. :) I switched primarily to save money, not to spend the equivalent on vaping so it's hard for me to comprehend spending that much on a couple months worth of juice.. It also helps that I like to tinker and the fact that i'm not picky and will pretty much vape anything if it has menthol in it.

Last edited:

Kahuna Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I just bought 5 bottles of the Castle Long Reserve, to the tune of about $200 bucks.

Is it worth it? I think so. It is by far my most favorite eLiquid in creation. But there is no couple months about it, I drip. At best 3 weeks if I vape it exclusively.

It seems like Five Pawns threads always come down to "is it worth it?" There are many hundreds, heck maybe even thousands of eLiquid brands and vendors now. But the funny thing is, they mostly are all today's big thing, and then tomorrow will be yesterday's news. Very few have staying power it seems.

Five Pawns has staying power, they are still heavily discussed, good and bad, and people look forward to the next offerings very much. I can think of no better accolade in this volatile "here today, gone tomorrow" market.

Spooky28

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
North Carolina
New vapor here and one of my first purchases? Castle Long Reserve. I'm in heaven. Likely a bad idea given the only other thing I like right now is Mother's Milk. Next I'm definitely doing both sample packs.

I'm enjoying not smoking, REALLY enjoying it. I think of that pretty little bottle sitting in my cabinet and that full tank and just smile. It makes me happy.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
Im an odd one. Tried their entire lineup and nothing floated my boat. The price seems bloated as well, but I like their name and the juice names.

That being said, if it was my favorite juice and I had the $, and others were not cutting it for me, heck yes id buy a ton of it and to heck what everyone else says!

Via a possessed phone thats autocorrect is just silly

Silent Solution

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Wesley Chapel, FL
I have never spent more than 100 bucks on one juice purchase. However, if I going to spend that much, it would definitely be Five Pawns. Good juice right there. I mainly DIY as I am between jobs right now, but when I do buy juice its either Nicoticket or Five Pawns. (and sometimes trying out some new juices) Grandmaster is just fabulous juice. Will be my next purchase when Im working. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread