Largest Gathering of E-Cig Consumers in the World - St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Largest Gathering of Electronic Cigarette Consumers in the World This Summer in St. Louis

On Saturday, August 20th 2010, people who quit smoking with the help of electronic cigarettes will meet at Midwest Vapefest (Midwest Vapefest 2010!) at the St. Louis City Center Sheraton in St. Louis, Missouri. The attendees, who refer to themselves as “vapers,” are coming from all over the world to attend the event.
Hosting the event is National Vapers Club, a consumer-based, volunteer organization that has local chapters throughout the country. The group was formed to educate smokers, the public, legislators, and public health organizations about electronic cigarettes or, as members prefer to call them, “nicotine vaporizers.” The organization is supported entirely through member donations.
“The response to ‘Midwest Vapefest’ has been overwhelming,” said Spike Babaian, president of National Vapers Club. “Vapers believe, as do many health experts, that nicotine vaporizers are saving their lives and they want to come together to celebrate that. With the number of vapers growing exponentially, I believe the event will be a tremendous success”
Midwest Vapefest is being sponsored by more than a dozen e-cigarette vendors who will demonstrate and sell products at the event. There will be prizes throughout the day such as e-cigarette kits and promotional items donated by the vendors and National Vapers Club.
Bill Godshall of Smokefree Pennsylvania said, “You would never see a bunch of people who quit smoking using a nicotine patch getting together to express their enthusiasm and excitement about the patch. People are amazed at how easy this device makes it to transition from smoking to vaping
“I’m really excited about the opportunity to try new products and flavors,” said Janet Andersen of California. “They really help me remain smoke-free. I’m amazed at how easy this device has made it to stop smoking. ”
Joel Nitzkin, MD, MPH, who is the Chair of the American Association of Public Health Physicians tobacco Control Task Force stated, “From our perspective, use of E-cigarettes should be encouraged as a substitute for conventional cigarettes for cigarette smokers who are unable or unwilling to quit, but are sincerely interested in reducing their risk of tobacco-related illness.”
Midwest Vapefest is the second event of its kind in the United States and will occur twice a year. Details and information can be found at Midwest Vapefest 2010!. Money raised at the event will cover the cost of the conference and any excess will be used towards further e-cigarette research (information can be found at IVAQS Project). This event is for those over 18 only.

Spike Babaian
National Vapers Club President
IVAQS Project – IVAQS Project
516 695-7007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread