Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I know of one ECFer that had friends there. She has no idea how they are. :cry: The body count is horrific, don't think we've seen anything like this since 9/11. Tempted to attend the next big outdoor concert I can find, don't care what it is, just to prove I won't bow under.

Nobody but LE or the military needs guns like that. I'm all for target shooting, begrudgingly for hunting (bleeding heart here) but really?

Been up all night feeling sicker and sicker, heartbroken and more heartbroken as the body count has risen. The madness needs to stop.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This is indeed a terrible tragedy, and my heart goes out to all the victims and victim's family members, including the shooter's. What a terrible thing, and while I do understand that the shooter should be remembered and held responsible for his actions, it just reminds me how little we understand, sometimes, about what a person is going through, and to take that type of action he must have been unbearably militized by some faction, deeply mentally ill, or just in agonizing pain that led to insane anger. To me, it's not about guns, it's not about concerts, it's about someone so miserable he would take these kinds of actions, and we have no clue why, as a society. The handle we need to get is not on guns, it's on figuring out ways to find those folks who are that desperate they would take these kind of actions. It's always deeply sad for me to take in and think about. :(

Saying prayers for the honored and beloved dead, their families, and the first responders who took such risks to try and assist, as well as all those who were present and deeply traumatized by these events. I don't even...

Well, I do know I will be cherishing and loving my family a lot today, (it's family dinner night) and remembering how precious and fragile life can be. For those of you who have relatives who may have been involved in this, my heart goes out to you, and I am so sad, and sorry. I remember when things like this were not happening as much, and I miss that America, at times.

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
64 year old male; lived in a retirement community; family said they hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary about him nor his actions, nor knew of anything that he was upset about; no criminal record, etc. Doesn't seem like he would've been a part of something "bigger", like a "group" or anything like some other shooters have been involved with. This one may be a real mystery as to the "why" of it...for a long while, IMO.

My heart breaks for those families who've lost loved ones, for the injured and their families awaiting hopefully good outcomes, and for all those who lived through the event unharmed physically, but definitely harmed emotionally just witnessing it all. :(

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Relieved to hear from you ToneeN.
Thank you.
I'm in NW NV about 5.5 hours from LV.
I read about this early this morning. Still trying to wrap my head around why it happened.
Is it just me or does it seem whenever there is a tragic event like this there is really never a reason why(normally the gunman is killed or kills themselves first)?
I really doubt it was because of the country music.

Sent from the future

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you.
I'm in NW NV about 5.5 hours from LV.
I read about this early this morning. Still trying to wrap my head around why it happened.
Is it just me or does it seem whenever there is a tragic event like this there is really never a reason why(normally the gunman is killed or kills themselves first)?
I really doubt it was because of the country music.

Sent from the future
I honestly think there is no reason sometimes. Life is messy. The only person who can answer the question "why?" is dead. Breaks my heart this happened so close to home for you. :(

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It's truly heartbreaking. So many lives just poof..gone within minutes. These kinds of guns should not be legal.
They're not.

The average Joe can't go to a gun shop, gun show or individual and walk away with a fully automatic firearm.

The weapons aren't the problem. Crazy people are the problem and if they're crazy enough to kill lots of people, they'll find a way to do it.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
It's truly heartbreaking. So many lives just poof..gone within minutes. These kinds of guns should not be legal.
Tragic and senseless. I'll never understand how a person comes to the decision that shooting innocent people is justified. FYI, these types of guns (fully automatic) have been illegal since 1934.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
To own these weapons(fully automatic) you need a class 3 license so like Coastal Cowboy said it's not a readily available item anywhere.
People and their state of mind are the real issue. Drunk drivers kill thousands of people a year and it's legal to buy alcohol and drive a car but that never seems to be a problem that shocks the country or is an issue that needs more attention.
I'm glad that there were not more people killed or injured. It could have been so much worse(suicide bomber).

Sent from the future

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
To own these weapons(fully automatic) you need a class 3 license so like Coastal Cowboy said it's not a readily available item anywhere.
People and their state of mind are the real issue. Drunk drivers kill thousands of people a year and it's legal to buy alcohol and drive a car but that never seems to be a problem that shocks the country or is an issue that needs more attention.
I'm glad that there were not more people killed or injured. It could have been so much worse(suicide bomber).

Sent from the future

Most people do not know just how much gun control already surrounds owning a fully automatic firearm. Going through the process of getting a class 3 firearms license is just the staring point. You actually have to set up a business, get a tax stamp, ect. Then you can start to think about getting one. You just don't wander into Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop or Jimmy Johns sporting goods and pick one up. You also don't get on the phone with Colt or Fabrique Nationale or any other manufacturer and say you want to buy a full auto weapon. They will just tell you nicely to go to hell. You have to find someone that already has one they want to sell and do the transaction through the BATF. You also have to keep the whereabouts of the weapon updated with the BATF every time it is moved and where it is stored. Even after you own it.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh

Sent from the future

Yep I agree, the issue isn't the gun. If he didn't have guns he would've figured out another way, sadly. People love to bring up gun free countries but they never bring up how many people are getting killed by other means. I'm not interested in arguing with anybody on this forum or arguing in general. My prayers and condolences for the families of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread