Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
posting a lot recently but it would be appreciated if I can get your opinions on this battery packing.
Rucksack only. Will go in the easyjet locker above my headduring the flight. Safe?
EC7DE670-D09A-4CCF-A96C-D2A3F8C66E48.jpeg

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Okay. What about leaving batteries dead while I’m away for two months?
Although it’s not ideal for battery longevity, will they be safe if they are dead?

I haven’t got time to charge them now.
Batteries store best at about 40% full charge, I have read, but better to store them fully charged than fully depleted. I don't think that two months is going to be much of a problem, though. Check the voltage when you return; if they're below 2.6, recycle them and get some new ones. Otherwise, they'll probably be fine. Do you have someone who could pop in and put a partial charge on them while you're away?

Skreech

Oct 16, 2017
Ipswich
Okay. What about leaving batteries dead while I’m away for two months?
Although it’s not ideal for battery longevity, will they be safe if they are dead?

I haven’t got time to charge them now.

Cell voltage for storage is best at around 3.85v. Lithium cells do self discharge but at a very low rate. From a practical perspective, if the cells are above 3.3v at rest, then they should be okay for a couple of months.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I too think that your batteries will probably be fine, your carryon looks safe, happy travels. (Yes, a jacket with pockets can be a good thing to bring, it seems that vape laws tend to change or vary with carrier and location. Certainly though, you want your vape equipment NOT in your luggage. I see no rationale for keeping them in your pockets really, but who knows what an airline/TSA is going to decide, no joke.

I hope you have a fantastic trip!

Anna

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
When traveling that deals with TSA or any other equivalent, I always keep my batteries, vape, cell, laptop, in easy reach. They will always have you place batteries in their own tray or bin when getting scanned. Hell, I had to remove my fitbit from my wrist before going through once. I do one of 2 things when I travel.

1. 99% of the time I am traveling with a laptop. Any airline I travel on allows a carry on and a laptop bag to be carried on. And due to available space, the carry on can be required to be checked in, but a laptop bag will always be allowed to be carried on (to my knowledge). So I will put my mods and batteries with battery cases into a pocket in my laptop bag.

2. My carry on is usually a backpack and on trips that I do not take my laptop. My backpack has clip and buckles and straps and junk like that. I have a small Samsonite bag that is a small messenger tote that can attach to my backpack and is small, about 6x8 inches. If my backpack needs to be checked due to space, which has never happened to me, then that little tote is tiny enough to fit with me on the plane and carries my vape gear, mods, batteries, tanks and some juice.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread