The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by MrPloom, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dopefish

Dopefish Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    The last time I was asked to stop vaping was actually pretty ridiculous, I was up in the city and having lunch at a restaurant with my dad. I went outside and stayed away from the ventilation but the restaurant manager at the time came outside and tried to take my ego pen (this was a couple years ago) and told me that I was making all the customers inside uncomfortable (bulls***) and that I had to walk several blocks away...lolwut?! First of all, this is before Portland, OR essentially classified vaporizers as cigarettes, second I was already outside and third I was at least 15 feet away from any ventilation which is the distance posted for actually smoking. Some people, am I right?

Needless to say, we found another place to eat lunch after telling that idiot to **** off

• Like Like x 2
  2. Taxguydave

Taxguydave Blister Packer Verified Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO USA
    I know exactly what you mean. Of course, I live in Colorado. I frequently get asked what I am vaping.

3. Dopefish

Dopefish Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    I hear you, I live in Oregon same as SailCat and ever since July I've been getting asked if I'm smoking hash out of my vape

4. Cloudd

Cloudd Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Well that few times I blew clouds into my smoker-housemate's room. He hates the flavour I guess....

5. Daddyyatessr

Daddyyatessr Full Member

Sep 5, 2015
    New Hampshire
    BOSS MOVE RIGHT THERE!!!

• Like Like x 5
  6. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]

:evil:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nolongerpuffin

Nolongerpuffin Full Member

Aug 1, 2015
    As I mentioned earlier, I've had a vape -pen mistaken for a one-hitter by a small-town cop, but that ended well. Today, I opened the door for the Fed-Ex guy and he said, "Ooooh! Your apartment smells wonderful! What're you baking?

Took me a moment to realize that what he was smelling was cinnamon vapor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    I mostly just vape at home or on a long car trip. Otherwise, I am not using my vape gear 24/7 anyway.

I don't really do anything 24/7, come to think of it, except breath and I know my heart is beating.

I guess I don't want to be a slave to any habit. Because I already DID that with cigarettes.

When I look back at how "dependent" I was on having those cigs, close to me at all times.........I dunno. I just don't want to repeat the addict behavior (whether addictive or not, the behavior in and of itself had developed into that).

Dunno if this will make sense to anyone.

9. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Makes perfect sense to me. I don't vape 24x7 either. I stop for 7-8 hours each night. :D

• Like Like x 5
  10. choochoogranny

choochoogranny Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    ^^^^^^LOL Haven't anything better to do......Well, I do have things to do,.....but nothing better! :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Daddyyatessr

Daddyyatessr Full Member

Sep 5, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Been sitting in the delivery room
    all day waiting for my wife to pop my daughter out... not a word... Superior Court yesterday... NOT A WORD
    ...LOL maybe I'm getting lucky.

12. defdock

defdock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    Last time I was asked to stop vaping, 2 weeks ago at a food pantry for this church that I volunteered to help work.

Everyone went on smoke break, so I followed. Pulled out my vape and had like 3 toots when this big burly dude stood up and starts pointing at the door with a seriously ticked off face, "take that completely away from this building, I'm not trying to end up on the news"

"Uh what? What's wrong"

"I don't want to have to try to put fires out and call 911 because someone thinks they are cool"

At that point, I walked away, and have not volunteered to work that pantry again.

I wasn't blowing clouds, and I was being as mindfully as the rest of the smokers outside...

• Like Like x 2
  13. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

BBM

Then you were lucky. All it takes is the wind to gust at just the right moment, or the cigarette to hit the side of the bucket, causing a spark and BOOM!.....one less "intellectual titan" in the world.

I have nothing else to say to you......... ever.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daddyyatessr

Daddyyatessr Full Member

Sep 5, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Am I suppose to go meet him.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

15. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Sounds like he's worried about the battery going nuclear.

16. mountaingal

mountaingal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

National parks do not allow vaping.

17. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 3, 2013
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    While I respect the law of the land, this is a really messed up one.

Wonder if they allow tobacco chewing & snuff dipping? If so, stepping in that crap is nasty, nearly as bad as runny dog poop.

Cat

• Like Like x 1
  18. severina

severina Full Member

Oct 14, 2015
    At the Chateau Nightclub in Vegas, an open air club where they ALLOW cigarettes and cigars (and people chain smoking them everywhere). I was asked to put my vape away, and that "vapes were not allowed". I was ready to scream to management right then and there. I am probably going to put in a phone call to their management soon to find out what that was all about. I could understand if the club didn't allow smoking, but seriously, just no vaping? Sigh.

19. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I just called them, and yes, they allow cigarettes but not vaper products.
    The guy said it had to do with problems with people using Mary Jane in their vaporizers.

And he also said it's a city-wide initiative.
    That's all I have for now.

I told him that based on this information I will not be frequenting their nightclub as I had planned.
    He didn't seem to care.

But if I did go there, I would stealth vape all night long.
    And no one would ever know.

Now if there was Mary Jane in my vaporizer, you'd smell it from a mile away.
    The world is falling apart as we speak.

20. severina

severina Full Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting. I wonder if it's a city-wide initiative for certain nightclubs. None of the bars or clubs I visited (on Fremont) had ANY problem with vapers. I was also at the Planet Hollywood on the strip and was never asked to stop vaping. There were plenty of other vapers around. Only encountered that issue at Chateau. Hoping it doesn't become a problem all around Vegas because that would surely suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.