Latest Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Hi, i've been off the scene for the last year since i quit while on squonk mod.

Recently i'm looking at revisiting vaping only to find out that squonk mods are no longer easy to find.

Could anyone help to enlighten me on what latest trend and technology with similar convenience of refillable tank, rechargable batteries and self rewiring atomizers out there replacing the last one i was happy to use?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Recently i'm looking at revisiting vaping only to find out that squonk mods are no longer easy to find.
Wut? Squonk mods are more common/prevalent than ever. They're practically mainstream now.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Wut? Squonk mods are more common/prevalent than ever. They're practically mainstream now.

He is in Indonesia that may have something to do with what he has access to.

I'm just curious about this "self rewiring atomizer" do you just feed it Kanthal and it does a build for you?!? :lol:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

You haven't been looking very hard. Not only are they easy to find, but they are being sold at such low clearance prices that non-squonkers are buying them for their vapocalypse stash being that you can use them as a regular mod.

As far as the latest trend, the latest trend is the Pod trend. A pod is basically a cigalike with the following differences
    • lower ohms and a better battery so the vape is better than on a cigalike.

• the pods aren't really cigalikes in that they don't look like cigarettes. In fact, the vast majority if them look like spaceships, sex toys, or McDonalds happy Meal toys - nothing I would be caught dead with, especially in my mouth, let alone in my hand going from hand to mouth :D.

• Pods don't usually have a tank with a 510 thread, most are proprietary tanks (called pods) so that you are beholden to that company/brand for your pod replacements.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    He is in Indonesia that may have something to do with what he has access to.
    oooops, didn't see that.

I'm just curious about this "self rewiring atomizer" do you just feed it Kanthal and it does a build for you?!? :lol:

Yes, but you need to buy the self-wicking kit if you want to be fully hands-off. Currently there is no AIO coiler/wicker machines yet. But China's working on it.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Yeah, not only i'm on the wrong part of the globe to squonk, i'm using the wrong terminology for coil building. Pardon my ignorance, it took me a while to remember what that activity is called.

Anyhow, good to know squonking isn't outdated yet.

Don't sweat it too much - I have trouble working between Scots, English English and American English, and when I first went into a vape shop I was talking about "batteries" instead of mods, "the juice stuff" instead of E Lquid and "the things that hold the juice" instead of tanks!

Hope you manage to get a new squonker at a good price too!

Reactions: HigherStateD

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Do you want regulated or mech squonk mods? And can you get stuff through customs from China (probably your best bet to order from for low shipping costs)?

For rda/attys do you prefer a single or dual coil build, and prefer mtl or dL vaping?

Thst info would really help in giving you some concrete options.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    I am confused.... I've bought 12 squonk mods in the just the past 2 months... and it was hard to narrow it down to just 12 because of the sheer number of squonk mods that are available. And I am not even sure on the count of the BF RDAs I bought during the same time period.

But I agree with others, pods are the latest thing... I have a few tiny ones that I only occasionally use for stealth vaping, the medium-large size ones are of no interest to me.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I am confused.... I've bought 12 squonk mods in the just the past 2 months... and it was hard to narrow it down to just 12 because of the sheer number of squonk mods that are available. And I am not even sure on the count of the BF RDAs I bought during the same time period.

But I agree, pods are the latest thing... I have a few tiny ones that I use for stealth vaping, the medium-large size ones are of no interest to me.

His being in Indonesia must have something to do with it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    They don't have the Internet in Indonesia? ;)

If it's an issue with some vendors not shipping to his country, that is one thing, but he's basically said they cannot be found.

No one really knows what the deal is. Has to be something to do with laws in Indonesia vaping, import/export, etc.

But until OP decides to clarify why he can't squonk in Indonesia, it's anyone's guess as to how to help him. ;)

Obviously he has internet access.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    From the Straits Times, November 2019 -

"The Indonesian government is working on revising existing e-cigarette regulations, said Mr Anung Sugihantono, the Health Ministry's director general of disease control and prevention. "The ministry's stance is consistent: We want to ban, not limit, vaping and e-cigarettes," he said in a text message this week."

Additionaly I believe Indonesia at present imposes a 57% Import Tax on Vaping Products.

This could explain why the OP is experiencing difficulties.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    No one really knows what the deal is. Has to be something to do with laws in Indonesia vaping, import/export, etc.

But until OP decides to clarify why he can't squonk in Indonesia, it's anyone's guess as to how to help him. ;)

Obviously he has internet access.
    From the Straits Times, November 2019 -

"The Indonesian government is working on revising existing e-cigarette regulations, said Mr Anung Sugihantono, the Health Ministry's director general of disease control and prevention. "The ministry's stance is consistent: We want to ban, not limit, vaping and e-cigarettes," he said in a text message this week."

Additionaly I believe Indonesia at present imposes a 57% Import Tax on Vaping Products.

This could explain why the OP is experiencing difficulties.
    I think that would limit all vaping products, not specifically just squonk mods, which is what he is saying is the issue.

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
    Dec 12, 2009
    Indonesia
    Thanks for all your helpful responses. I was under the impression that vape shops are now supplying pods and juices exclusively nowadays. Maybe it's a local trend.

I shall source my stuffs from China vendors in that case. And no, vaping in Indonesia isn't limited by regulation at the moment.

Cheers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread