Lava Tube LEAKING (????)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
I purchased a LavaTube for a relative as a gift (I own a different VV Brand) well she's asking me about leaking. She has said that no matter what she uses ( atty that came w/it , sm higher res carto I gave her etc) the thing leaks all over her hand and is driving her crazy.. She says it's such a bad issue that it renders the LT unusable. I suggested a few things ;

Over filling perhaps?

Search here on ECF .

Call the Company.

In the mean time I thought I would post about it and see if anyone has any other ideas.
Since I don't own one it's hard to know if there could possibly be something i just don't know about it..

THANKS!!!!!!!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree... The Carto/Atty is the problem not the Lavatube.

For a Carto: After refilling, place a Paper Towel over the Battery end of the Carto and Gently blow thru the Carto. Repeat until no e-liquid comes out onto the Paper Towel.

The Carto Should "Gurgle" when you take a hit. That is a Good Sign that it is Over Filled.

For an Atty: Try taking a Pin and Fluffing up the Filler Material in the Cart. Many times the Filler Material is Smushed down or have some Gaps between the Cart and the Filler Material.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
Its not the lavatube that is leaking,its what is screwed on,so calling the cie is a useless suggestion :laugh:

Show her the ins and outs of filling cartos,slowly but surely!

...or steer her toward some stardust!

she's been using inferno for a long time so she understands Atty's and such. I said the same thing about over filling and she says she thinks maybe the connection isn't "right" ..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
she's been using inferno for a long time so she understands Atty's and such. I said the same thing about over filling and she says she thinks maybe the connection isn't "right" ..

Ask her if her Cartos/Attys Only leak on her Lavatube and not on her other PV's.

Not sure what could be wrong with the Lavatube Connection but if her stuff Only leaks on the Lavatube, something is up.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
Ask her if her Cartos/Attys Only leak on her Lavatube and not on her other PV's.

Not sure what could be wrong with the Lavatube Connection but if her stuff Only leaks on the Lavatube, something is up.

yup that's what she's saying. I even said something about how the infernos (which she uses mostly) have a drip shield ( the "cone") and maybe it's a "getting used to no shield" thing , but she's concerned the connector is somehow the problem and since I don't have one I'm just not not sure if her connection could be an issue. I was hoping someone else had , had this problem and could say "Oh I had to get used to it.." or "I did a,b and c and now it's fine" or even "Mine was defective exchanged it and am in vaping heaven"..
Thanks so much for replies!!!!!!!!!!!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
thanks , I'll pass it on to her !

I just remembered, if she gets a 510-ego adapter, she could use the cones from her inferno on the LT too. Save some moola, and swap parts too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I just remembered, if she gets a 510-ego adapter, she could use the cones from her inferno on the LT too. Save some moola, and swap parts too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I'd recommend, I use them on all my mods. The cone provides some extra protection against bumps, looks pretty cool and keeps excess liquid trapped inside, great and cheap solution for drippers also.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
This is what I'd recommend, I use them on all my mods. The cone provides some extra protection against bumps, looks pretty cool and keeps excess liquid trapped inside, great and cheap solution for drippers also.

so is it a 510 to 510 adaptor? Is it just to make it longer or something (Never owned a ego either LOL) any idea where to order this ? and if she does then the ego's shields would fit?

Thanks !! :)

This is why I love ECF

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
so is it a 510 to 510 adaptor? Is it just to make it longer or something (Never owned a ego either LOL) any idea where to order this ? and if she does then the ego's shields would fit?

This is why I love ECF

She needs one of these two options:
V2 510 Shorty Extension Sealed

The one above if she is going to be ordering a drip-shield from Empiremods.com

Or this one if she's going to use the cone from her Inferno/Ego:
510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

This is why I love ECF

Basically it's just a 510/510 adapter with threading for a Ego cone on one end just like an Ego battery. Here's a link but they are available many places. They are called Ego/510 adapters.

eGo-510 connector - Use eGo Mega atty and tank on your mod!

These are showing out of stock but you can see them. They fit on the Ego threading end of the adapter. You can also get wider mouth cones from hoosierecigsupply. The standard ones fit regular sized cartos and attys but the slightly wider DC and CE2s with the new tubes need a wider opening. Basically the ones Hoosier sells are just standard cones that are shorter so they have a wider opening at the top.

http://www.smoktek.com/eGo-CRV-Cone_p_47.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread