Lavabox DNA 200 Question. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borders03

Nov 23, 2014
I just received my Bone White Lavabox yesterday and I have to say I really love the dna chip. My question is that when my battery drains to 17% life left it won't fire at all. So how do I fix this? That's 1/5 of the battery life that I'm missing out on. I have already load the battery spec from the cfv file from volcanos website for the battery and plugged in the recommended specs. Anyone else have this problem. And also does your Lavabox drain extremely quick when using them around 80 watts?

Borders03

Nov 23, 2014
Did you get the 1300 mah extension? To vape at 80 watts on the stock 900Mah battery you'd drain it within a hour or two if your chain vaping.
No, I plan on getting it but they were out of stock for the bone white edition extender packs. What about the battery not firing at any wattage at 17% battery life tho? Any thoughts on why?

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I just received my Bone White Lavabox yesterday and I have to say I really love the DNA chip. My question is that when my battery drains to 17% life left it won't fire at all. So how do I fix this? That's 1/5 of the battery life that I'm missing out on. I have already load the battery spec from the cfv file from volcanos website for the battery and plugged in the recommended specs. Anyone else have this problem. And also does your Lavabox drain extremely quick when using them around 80 watts?

After you've uploaded the battery csv file, did you check in escribe if the mod is set to the correct Wh for your battery (9.99wh)?

If the mod is cutting you off at 17% that is probably b/c the wattage you've set your mod at activated a soft cut off for the lipo battery. The soft cut off is usually 3.2V for 18650s, I have my lavabox set at 3.09v (so 9.27v for a 3 cell lipo pack, fully charged the battery should be at 12.6v: 4.2 x 3), you can set it to a lower # if you'd like in escribe but I would suggest no lower than 3.0v, bc you run the risk of damaging your batteries if they are consistently drained to lower than 3v (some say 2.7v).

80W yes, this is a 900mah 3 cell lipo. Its runtime is just slightly longer than a 3000mah single 18650 battery. If you're running this mod at 80W consistently then you will be draining it rather quickly.

I would suggest upgrading to the 1300mah battery pack. You should see about a 45% increase in battery life.

Borders03

Nov 23, 2014
After you've uploaded the battery csv file, did you check in escribe if the mod is set to the correct Wh for your battery (9.99wh)?

If the mod is cutting you off at 17% that is probably b/c the wattage you've set your mod at activated a soft cut off for the lipo battery. The soft cut off is usually 3.2V for 18650s, I have my lavabox set at 3.09v (so 9.27v for a 3 cell lipo pack, fully charged the battery should be at 12.6v: 4.2 x 3), you can set it to a lower # if you'd like in escribe but I would suggest no lower than 3.0v, bc you run the risk of damaging your batteries if they are consistently drained to lower than 3v (some say 2.7v).

80W yes, this is a 900mah 3 cell lipo. Its runtime is just slightly longer than a 3000mah single 18650 battery. If you're running this mod at 80W consistently then you will be draining it rather quickly.

I would suggest upgrading to the 1300mah battery pack. You should see about a 45% increase in battery life.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I have set my wh 9.99 and the cut of is set to 3.09. I understand it not firing at 80 watts with 17% but I lowered to 30 watts and still would not fire, then just as a test 1 watt and still got the weak battery error. Has this ever happened to you?

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Thanks for the info. Yes, I have set my wh 9.99 and the cut of is set to 3.09. I understand it not firing at 80 watts with 17% but I lowered to 30 watts and still would not fire, then just as a test 1 watt and still got the weak battery error. Has this ever happened to you?

I don't think I've tested it or had the chance to drain my lavabox to below 30% battery since I have a few mods in rotation and always charge it by then. I'll try it out today and see if I also get this.

Borders03

Nov 23, 2014
so I vaped the lavabox all day today, its currently at 5% battery and its still firing.
Huh, so something is screwed up with mine then I guess. Do u have the 900 mah or 1300 mah? Also if u could post a snap shot of the setting you have for the battery in Escribe. I downloaded the file for the 900 mah battery from volcano website. Did u?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread