Lavatube battery end cap not closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA
Got a new Lava Tube today from Volcanoecigs.com. I won't go into my other issue with this vendor just yet because I'm waiting for them to make it right, however, when I put my IMR AW 18650 in the end cap doesn't screw in all the way leaving some silver showing.

Should this happen? Has this happened to anyone else? Am I using the wrong 18650? It seems to be functioning properly this just irks me to no end!!

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
The AW 18650 that fit are supposed to be the nipple types. Nipple as opposed to button types. Nipples are flater than regular buttons on top of the batteries. Almost every battery you have ever seen used the button types.. the nipples are about half as high.

That's my understanding anyway.. I ordered these AW IMR 18650 and the folks on the Volcanoecig forum said these looked like the right ones. I am still waiting on my stuff in the mail.

I will add that people have used O-rings or some other type of spacer to eat up the extra space if the battery is too long and they say the mod works just fine with the longer batteries.

Last edited:

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA
I may be wrong but just going off what i've read the 1600Mah fits ok but the 2200Mah is slightly longer and leaves a gap - if that's a 1600Mah then ignore this post lol

Please note im not using AW bats so might be better for someone who is to confirm that the 160 fits ok

This is what I suspected. Mine is the black and silver 3100 mAh batt.

What I don't understand though is 18650 is supposed to = 18mm in diameter and 65mm in length???

I now have the 1600 mAh on the way.

Thanks guys!

Word to the wise: THE 3100 MAH SILVER AND BLACK 18650 WILL PROTRUDE ANNOYINGLY FROM YOUR LAVATUBE!!

bluegrasslover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Willow Spring, NC
This is what I suspected. Mine is the black and silver 3100 mAh batt.

What I don't understand though is 18650 is supposed to = 18mm in diameter and 65mm in length???

I now have the 1600 mAh on the way.

Thanks guys!

Word to the wise: THE 3100 MAH SILVER AND BLACK 18650 WILL PROTRUDE ANNOYINGLY FROM YOUR LAVATUBE!!

Umm...That isn't an IMR battery, it's a protected lithium ion. Protected batteries are a bit longer because of the protection circuitry. I don't think you can get a 3100 mah imr battery any where. So yes, it doesn't fit because it's the wrong battery.

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA
Here's what I'm talking about. Not a huge deal but still quite irking:
WP_000666.jpg

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA
Umm...That isn't an IMR battery, it's a protected lithium ion. Protected batteries are a bit longer because of the protection circuitry. I don't think you can get a 3100 mah imr battery any where. So yes, it doesn't fit because it's the wrong battery.

Ok...so most expensive isn't always best...
3100mAh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread