Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Generally at least if you ship via USPS you get the same mail carrier who should know the names of the people on his/her route. Where I live you could mail something to me with just my name and zip code and it would still get to my house. Heck last time a package came that was short 60 cents of postage the mail carrier delivered it to my house anyway and left me a note saying I owed USPS the 60 cents.

Not always true unfortunately. In the last place I lived the neighborhood was tiny, I'm talking 3 small streets tiny. My regular carrier, whom I spoke to practically every day for 4 years, regularly confused my address, 410 street A, with 410 street B one block over. The actual names of the streets were nothing alike, didn't even start with the same letter, the same goes for our last names. Needless to say, after the first half dozen times of handing mail back to him to be re-delivered, I gave up and just started walking it over. Had I not been honest, we could have made out like bandits on the mail from the poor people one street over. Them? Not so much, all we ever got were bills. :blink: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread