Laziest/Greatest E-pipe Mod Ever - Experienced Modders' Ideas Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
My goal is to take a real tobacco pipe and mod it to fit a cigalike auto battery and carto in it but have it still look just like the pipe (all the e-cig parts hidden on the inside).

In this thread is an example of a guy who did this, except the stem is the carto. I want to be able to put the pipe stem back on. And I want a more curvy pipe stem.

From that thread here is the whole ecig inserted into the bowl part (click to enlarge):
pipe-w-auto-ecig1.jpg

He put an ego cone on it and a drip tip but I don't like the straight look.
pipe-w-auto-ecig2.jpg

For me it is too short and too straight, though certainly probably the quickest, simplest, cheapest e-pipe mod ever! Huge kudos to DezRo.

Ultimately I'd like an e-pipe that ends up looking like this:

l_Bbwmgreat-looking-wood-tobacco-pipe-quality-traditional-san.jpg

It seems like all you'd need is a straight shot from the bowl to where the stem curves long enough to accommodate the short auto cig-alike and some good drilling skills.

I can use a drill, I can't solder (yet). This just seems like a really cool "hillbilly" way to make an e-pipe.

Anyone have any useful thoughts on how to accomplish this?

By the way, here is a terrific video on how to make the world's second cheapest epipe mod, but it does require more soldering skills than I have, and it does not have a long enough or curved stem.

EDIT: By the way, I know you can buy a 601 epipe for $50 that will last a few weeks then die, or you can spend well over $100 into the $200 range for a hand crafted one. I am interested in the $10 quick and dirty cheater epipe. Thanks!

Last edited:

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
Posting so I have this in "my posts" for easier reference. I have some parts lying around from spinners and ego VVs..I saw this video awhile back but forgot about it..glad you posted it up. I plan on making a VV epipe when I get the time. I just got a new dremel set and soldering gun last christmas so this will be fun project to break them in on.

indyceo39

Feb 6, 2013
indianapolis
picture010.jpg picture009.jpg picture012.jpg Making one isn't all that bad. I'm horrible with drilling. I am horrible with electronics knowledge but the one thing I am is stubborn. I made quite possibly the worlds ugliest corn cob epipe tonight. I just drilled freehand, hence the brutal appearance. I have the VapeSafe in it so it is safe and it reads back consistently and accurately. At least I now I have a taking out pipe so I don't have to worry about hurting one of my super nice ones. I am going to try one this weekend from a nicer pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread