Leak fix for Vision Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
One of my new Vision minis I received last week leaks badly thru the center hole. As soon as I fill it liquid starts dripping out. I've tried reseating the center post but it doesn't help. It seems to be leaking at the center post seal.

Anyone have any tips for how I might be able to fix it? It vapes great otherwise, but leaks too much to use.

One other received in the same order works great. Can't wait to try the regulars (waiting for Stingray kits to be restocked).

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Haven't done it myself, but someone mentioned using aquarium sealant to fix a leak there.

I CAN give you some advice on getting the tubing off. I dry mine by setting them on a baseboard heater which SEEMS TO MAKE the tuning expand a bit and maybe loosen any glue. When you do that you can then gently wriggle the tube off. If you don't have a baseboard heater I would imagine a blow dryer might work too. Then I would imagine you could use aquarium caulk around the center post? You might also want to apply a thin shmear of sealant around the base before installing the tube.

Like I said, I haven't tried this myself, but it sounds like it might work, and aquarium sealant should be fairly innocuous. I mean it can't be overly toxic or it would kill the fish.

Good luck.

Sent from my G2...so please excuse the spelling errors, correct gets the best of me.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I'll have to give that a shot. I've got 2 others from the order in rotation and both are working great.

on the other hand, how long has it bern since you received your order? Maybe you should open a help desk ticket.

Sent from my G2...so please excuse the spelling errors, correct gets the best of me.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I got it last Thursday or Friday... the one in question leaked out of the box.

I don't know if it falls under the doa policy, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to start a help desk ticket, there is a link in the stickies.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
I bit the bullet and took the tube off to look for anything suspicious in the center post seal. No luck as yet. I have a suspicion on what might be wrong with the seal, but I'll hold off until I investigate further.

I borrowed a trick from glued-in caps on old 808 cartomizers to remove the tube: I put about 3/4" of water in a small pan, brought it to a boil, then turned off the heat. Then dipped the mini in for about 30 seconds to soften the glue, and the tube came right off. The o-ring remained stuck to the tube, so I repeated the bath with just the tube and was able to free the o-ring with no damage.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Update: the problem wasn't exactly what I suspected, but related. Turns out the center post seal/bushing was torn, enough so that it wasn't making a positive seal. I cannibalized a seal from another mini and replaced it, and no more leaking so far.

Glad you got it fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread