The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Leaking tank pharaoh rta

Discussion in 'RTA' started by goalie, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    I recently bought a pharaoh. My first rta. I love it, other than when I fill it completely. I get some leakage out of the bottom of the tank. When the tank is partially full, I don't notice any.

Is this caused by not having the cotton packed correctly? Or not enough cotton? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fifamymaingame

fifamymaingame Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Could be a bad press fit on the base or condensation of you notice vape coming out anywhere after a draw my guess is that

• Like Like x 1
  3. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    It only seems to happen when the tank is more then half full. That's what has me stumped. It's coming out the intake holes in the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Top o ring maybe? When a tank is half full and you tilt it the juice hits the top

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    I would bet it's the wicking! A full tank would put more pressure in the tank, just by the weight of all the juice, forcing it out passed the wicks. That makes sense to me :)
    BTW I really like the Pharaoh RTA also & have no leaking issues :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I was going to suggest that possibility, I found that when I didn't wick properly (enough) my first leaks would come if topfilling, then just general seepage as my rayon wick continued to shrink. If your wick just a hair more in the coil and maybe thin your tails slightly less, then with the airholes closed (sometimes even open is better on some of my RTAs) I don't have leaking on filling.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. goalie

goalie Full Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Minnesota, US
    That was it. I re-wicked and packed it in a bit better and so far no leaks. Thanks for all the help :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.