Leaky tank problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETFbmth

Jan 3, 2016
So to start off with I'm a novice vaper. I use to vape a lot, but didn't really do any research. I have always just trusted my local vape shops, but I'm starting to think that is my first problem. When ever I had a problem I was always told my tank and battery were not compatible. I would upgrade one of the two and then like a month later it would stop working and would have to upgrade the other one.

So my problem now is finding a tank that doesn't leak. I have had 2 I iclear16 tanks, kangertech aerotank mega, aspire nautilus, vivinova, and an ego one mega. Every single one of those tanks has leaked pretty badly after about a month. I have tried changing the o ring seals and the atomizers but nothing has helped. My local shop just recommended that I try the aspire triton. Any thoughts on that one?

I'm using a joytech evic VT battery

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I wish I could give your more information but it's a little hard without getting more from you.

The Aspire Triton is a very good tank and should not leak much at all. However, the same can be said for the Nautilus, Ego One, and Aerotank, assuming they are assembled correctly. Really all of them but especially those three. I can't imagine why you are having the problems you are having.

You don't need to upgrade your batteries or tanks every two months, that's for sure. I would recommend trying to figure out on here why your Nautilus or Ego One is leaking, if you are otherwise happy with them. If you're not, the Triton is a good choice but just be aware there's no real reason you should have to keep buying as often as you are, unless you WANT to. You have a solid collection of tanks and for a lot of people, they last a very long time.

Also, it's always good to support local B&Ms but frankly it sounds like they've been fleecing you a bit. In 99% of all cases you can find the same thing for much less online, and in your specific case, I would.

Last edited:

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
My experience with those tanks is that when any of them leak it is either an assembly error or a faulty seal.

So I used to take them off the battery, take them apart, clean them with vodka, put a fresh coil in them and reassemble them slowly and carefully.

I had an Innokin XI that I had stripped some threads in that I could not cure, the Pro-tanks Naughtilus's and the Vivis almost always cured when cleaned and detail assembled and the Kayfuns I have now only leak when I flub the assembly.

Try an R&R on them, see if that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread