Learning the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since going to the Provari V 2.5 I've added a Nautilus Aspire clearomizer that uses a bottom feed dual coil element. Being a Provari you get consistent draws whether fully charged or almost dead.
The other day I was vaping and not paying attention to my juice level. Because I was still getting great draws. All of a sudden the vapor had a burnt taste. I realized I was running on empty. So I refilled, after cleaning, and back to vaping. I found out some things. 1. When you run it empty you toast the coil. So I never got the sweet flavor hits, just burnt taste. 2. A toasted coil will let you know visually that it needs to be replaced because it turns your liquid into the color of used motor oil.

In closing. Don't be an idiot like I was. Keep your tank level high enough so you don't end upbvaping something that tastes like burnt dirty socks. Coils are cheap. Cleaning up that mess takes a while.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
Since going to the Provari V 2.5 I've added a Nautilus Aspire clearomizer that uses a bottom feed dual coil element. Being a Provari you get consistent draws whether fully charged or almost dead.
The other day I was vaping and not paying attention to my juice level. Because I was still getting great draws. All of a sudden the vapor had a burnt taste. I realized I was running on empty. So I refilled, after cleaning, and back to vaping. I found out some things. 1. When you run it empty you toast the coil. So I never got the sweet flavor hits, just burnt taste. 2. A toasted coil will let you know visually that it needs to be replaced because it turns your liquid into the color of used motor oil.

In closing. Don't be an idiot like I was. Keep your tank level high enough so you don't end upbvaping something that tastes like burnt dirty socks. Coils are cheap. Cleaning up that mess takes a while.

Keep an eye on the gas tank my friend...

Sandylp

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2014
California
www.sandyp.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread