Let's Talk Drip Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
What's up guys. I'm starting this thread to see what kind of drip tips everyone is using. I currently have a delrin contoured 510, and would really like a wide mouth tip.

I have heard alot of people say Super T is the best, but am hesitant to spend 20 bucks on one out of principle. They do look sooo sweet though. Does anyone have one? If so, do I need to just get one already?

I was looking at the Shorty Wide Mouth, and noticed they have tips made of aluminum and stainless steel. What's the difference as far as me, the user is concerned? Durability? Taste? I don't plan on using it to pry open doors or anything.

That kind of brings me to another question. I also have copper(nickel coated) tip, and it kinda tastes like metal. I do enjoy the way it feels (more expensive I guess), but don't like the metallic taste.

I have been vaping for about a month now and haven't looked back. In this time I have found I prefer dripping by far. Now I just need the ultimate drip tip. Which one do you use and why? I look forward to getting a few replies. Thanks guys.:banana:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Got myself some nhaler twisted ones! :thumbs:

...ok I'm sucker for colorful things...let me just say that now :D

I wish they came in the longer style. My lips must be too big?!? for the short ones as with cartoz I still pick up the heat from the casing. I use the textured delrin long ones from nhaler - expensive. I have a 5 pack from TW too. Same shape but smooth. I have some wide tips from heaven gifts in both metal and delrin - different shape and I simply don't like the metal (does look cool though on a stainless steel atty on the Protege ;-) A bit easier to drip through but the others are not that difficult. Use them primarily with cartoz and that's how I refill.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I had a short Delrin tip, but the juice wouldn't go down the tip well(got mouthfulls alot). Just switched to a short metal one from digitalciggz, works great, but gets hot. I have to take it off and blow through it to cool it every once in a while. Do the long(contored) delrin tips flow juice to the atty better? tired of mouthfulls.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
I wish they came in the longer style. My lips must be too big?!? for the short ones as with cartoz I still pick up the heat from the casing. I use the textured delrin long ones from nhaler - expensive. I have a 5 pack from TW too. Same shape but smooth. I have some wide tips from heaven gifts in both metal and delrin - different shape and I simply don't like the metal (does look cool though on a stainless steel atty on the Protege ;-) A bit easier to drip through but the others are not that difficult. Use them primarily with cartoz and that's how I refill.

No not just your lips, I agree I'd like them better if they were just a little longer. I mentioned that to Drew..maybe he will ;)
But I really prefer the plastic over metal(heavy vaper has burnt lip with a hot metal DT before) and again Colors!
Personally..I dont think the 20.00 stainless steel ones are worth it but thats another Huge debate.

Lowthudd just give them a quick blow... :D to push any stuck juice down.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
No not just your lips, I agree I'd like them better if they were just a little longer. I mentioned that to Drew..maybe he will ;)
But I really prefer the plastic over metal(heavy vaper has burnt lip with a hot metal DT before) and again Colors!
Personally..I dont think the 20.00 stainless steel ones are worth it but thats another Huge debate.

Lowthudd just give them a quick blow... :D to push any stuck juice down.

Yea, I learned that trick. But it tends to cause the juice to get into the batt connection on thin juice. The thing about the metal tip is I have to blow on it alot less often. lol(only to cool it down)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I had a short Delrin tip, but the juice wouldn't go down the tip well(got mouthfulls alot). Just switched to a short metal one from digitalciggz, works great, but gets hot. I have to take it off and blow through it to cool it every once in a while. Do the long(contored) delrin tips flow juice to the atty better? tired of mouthfulls.

I think just by the virtue of more space, the long ones work better for juice in the mouth, and when I first top off I take those 'slow draws like drinking a thick shake through a straw' drags. That helps, imo.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I have the stainless steel, the aluminum shortys and the contoured plastic ones from Super T.
I prefer the delrin tips. The metal ones get too hot and the juice gets stuck and you have to blow in them to get the juice down to the atty.

Yeah that drives me nuts. Sometimes it will make a "plunger" effect and push the juice in the atty out making a leaky mess. Anyone else have that happen?

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
My first experience with drip tips was the metal ones from Eastmall on 808 cartos. I loved them, but I didn't like the metal taste.

They also seemed to transfer the heat from the carto too well. (I use 6V and take 7-10 second draws. The carto gets HOT!!!)

So I got a pretty one in the Nhaler co-op. I really like it. I do wish it were longer. But no metallic taste, no heat transfer.

So for your question, I'd have to recommend the non-metal ones.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tried the SS tips from Super T. I couldn't get past the metallic taste myself. Adore the Delrin ones.

Just got some of the twisted colored ones from Nhaler recently and they are awesome. I can see the juice slide down to the atty. Used delrins on the LR510 but now hooked on the LR306's and the drip tips make them a little slice of heaven to me.

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Yes, just get a Super-T already. I have the long delrin Super-T and the Nhaler twisted tip. I like the Nhaler tip quite a bit, but I love the Super-T. The contour and the length are what make it my favorite.

I've also tried the Eastmall style tips both in metal and delrin. Didn't like them at all. The delrin tip didn't fit my attys well and kept having to be reseated. The metal tip tasted like metal.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
I use cartos and do not drip. I have delrin and alum anodized shortys from Super T and twisted ones from nhaler.....At first, I liked the super T ones better because of the shape, but now I am used to the ones from nhaler and I pretty much use them all interchangeably.....they are ALL shortys, and I use them to keep my mouth from getting hot due to the hotness of the cartos. I have tried dripping into them, but the liquid goes straight into the center hole and out the end onto the battery. These have to be refilled from the periphery in order not to leak....so I just pop out the tip, refill, and put the tip back on....works great!

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
I've got several from Super T, a couple of the Delrin versions [back-up incase I loose one] and three metal versions [clear, red and blue]. Strangely I've not noticed a metallic taste. I remember hearing at one time that the quantity and type of dental fillings you have can cause that sensation when contacting metal....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread