Let's Talk e-Liquid Prices (How much is too much?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
In another thread, ECF member New Kid spoke with valid points about having limits on the price of juice that he would purchase. That inspired this thread and now I am curious; how much is too much, or does it depend? I am aware of the savings with DIY, but this is a separate discussion. What is your stance on e-liquid pricing?

Do you have a limit per mL?

Do you tie quality with prices?

More bang for your buck...

More of your bucks for their bang?

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Anywhere close to $1 per milliliter is too much. There's a lot of vendors I'd try or buy from again if their prices were more competitive, also if they offered smaller bottles instead of just having 10ml or larger. For example, I've been wanting to try Highbrow but they only have 10ml, which means if I place an order and don't want to spend a fortune, I'll probably end up only getting 3-4 bottles, but at that price, I could try 5-6 smaller bottles somewhere else? Either way, if juices are going to be on the pricier end, the shipping needs to be free or better to even it out. Thats my take anyways. If a vendor has pricey juices and shipping, I'm going somewhere else. Despite how good they may be, I know i can find something good for me that is at a price right for me.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Anywhere close to $1 per milliliter is too much. There's a lot of vendors I'd try or buy from again if their prices were more competitive, also if they offered smaller bottles instead of just having 10ml or larger. For example, I've been wanting to try Highbrow but they only have 10ml, which means if I place an order and don't want to spend a fortune, I'll probably end up only getting 3-4 bottles, but at that price, I could try 5-6 smaller bottles somewhere else? Either way, if juices are going to be on the pricier end, the shipping needs to be free or better to even it out. Thats my take anyways. If a vendor has pricey juices and shipping, I'm going somewhere else. Despite how good they may be, I know i can find something good for me that is at a price right for me.

Yeah, I have never bought a 30 mL right off the bat. Epipemods only sells 30 mL and 100 mL. There prices are right around what I am used to paying, but I have a kind of have hard time having to swallow the price a 30 mL to start out. They once tolld me (over the phone) that they were going to start selling sample sizes, but it hasn't happened. I reached out to them recently but have not heard back.

$15.99 for a 30 mL and $35 for 100 mL at epipemods. Those prices ain't bad at all, but without a sample size, most aren't going to spend that. I have spent way more on a first time purchase, but that was a special circumstance (El Toro).

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
50 cents per ml or less is where i'll buy most of my liquids for a 30ml....so far i've only purchased "safe" liquids that i was pretty sure i'd like.....as i adventure more i'll buy smaller ml which i know will cost more than 50 cents a ml

however there are exceptions to all rules...i've already told myself when i need juice i'm getting bobba's bounty and gorilla juice which i know are alittle more expensive than i like to spend

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
I don't mind paying a little more for juice that's really good. Excellent customer service goes along with that too. I've never actually had any issues with any juice vendor I've ordered from, but there surely are a few that stand out for me. I agree though, that I likely wouldn't order from a place who only sold big bottles.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Considering I used to be one of those pre-filled carto guys, all juice is relatively cheaper compared to that ridiculousness. I generally dance between $12.00 to $16.00 for 30 mL. The only exceptions, as of now, would be House of Liquid and Want 2 Vape. (There are good reasons for those exceptions, too.) On the other hand, I am not paying $20+ for a 30 mL of some damn Snickerdoodle! I don't care how much it tastes like a cookie, cookies ain't that good. :facepalm: I would rather make my own cookies and hover over the oven vaping non-flavored juice.
:p

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
My upper limit is around $1.00/mL, but if I found a juice I really loved, it would be hard to put a price on that. There's no telling how much I would spend, what I would pawn, who I would stab in the back, etc.!

I would gladly spend $2.00/mL on a juice that would make me savor every drop, and I would certainly rather do that than spend $.50/mL on yet another juice bottle that I will vape down a quarter of the way before deciding I don't like it and letting it collect dust on my shelf before getting the nerve to get rid of it. Considering all the juices I tried, didn't like, and abandoned before finishing the bottle, I've spent way more than $1/mL on some otherwise competitively priced juices. Sadly though, there are probably some expensive juices out there that are really good, but I will never know because I won't usually take a chance on something pricey without a taste-test or small sample beforehand.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My upper limit is around $1.00/mL, but if I found a juice I really loved, it would be hard to put a price on that. There's no telling how much I would spend, what I would pawn, who I would stab in the back, etc.!

I would gladly spend $2.00/mL on a juice that would make me savor every drop, and I would certainly rather do that than spend $.50/mL on yet another juice bottle that I will vape down a quarter of the way before deciding I don't like it and letting it collect dust on my shelf before getting the nerve to get rid of it. Considering all the juices I tried, didn't like, and abandoned before finishing the bottle, I've spent way more than $1/mL on some otherwise competitively priced juices. Sadly though, there are probably some expensive juices out there that are really good, but I will never know because I won't usually take a chance on something pricey without a taste-test or small sample beforehand.

Leave it to Tez to make such a good point. I agree, the juices that I LOVE are priceless, but those are far and few between all that I have tried.

I would gladly spend $2.00/mL on a juice that would make me savor every drop, and I would certainly rather do that than spend $.50/mL on yet another juice bottle that I will vape down a quarter of the way before deciding I don't like it and letting it collect dust on my shelf before getting the nerve to get rid of it. Considering all the juices I tried, didn't like, and abandoned before finishing the bottle, I've spent way more than $1/mL on some otherwise competitively priced juices.

Wow i just so totally agree with that!

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Personally for 20$/30mls...I better be getting something really good with above avg customer service. I dont mind spending that much for a great juice. Problem is a great juice to me may be trash to someone else. I think a lot of smokers turn to this to save money, not to find out the best of the best juices are going to cost an arm and a leg. There are those of us with our provaris, reos, GG's, DID's and what not that obviously pour a lot of money into our love of vaping. And we likely aren't going to mind spending a bit more on a good juice. But for Joe Blow that wants to upgrade his gas station variety ecig and try something new the price is going to have to be worth it.

I think this...vendors, you typically know what your top 3- 5 juices are going to be so put together a 5ml sample pack of each of these flavors and sell it at a reasonable price. Reasonable enough so even new vapers don't mind ordering it. Then if it really is good we can come back and pay a bit more for a 30ml bottle of it.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I try to stay at 15.00 max for a 30ml. BUT if it's something I already tried and have to have then I'll go $20 for a 30ml.

This.

I said in another thread i'd spend that much on something that tastes exactly like a reeses cup.

So far my favorite juices have been gorilla juice and ECBlends, and ECBlends is very affordable.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Cost can be prohibitive for a juice I have never tried... I won't take a risk on a juice that's nearly $1 per ml...

$15-$18 per 30mls is my sweet spot... I'm used to it... I'll go $20 if the juice is really good.

Now... there once was a company named VAPESAFE and they made this AMAZING juice named RIPPLE EFFECT and I was more than happy to pay nearly $30 for 30mls of that - it was so so good.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
19 bux for a 60ml bottle from Vapors Choice for my all time favorite Caramel Apple has to be about the best deal I've had for juice. It's not really an "all day vape" for me, but it is what I go through the most of when I am sitting at the apt chain vaping. Couple that with some amazing customer service, and yeah I'm set. No fancy bottles to increase the price either.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
I am always on the hunt for a juice that is good and lower in price. For me, I'm not that picky, it just has to have tons of flavor. I generally won't even try a juice if it goes over $15 to $18 for 30ml. For my terrible taste buds, it seems each vendor has a couple that stand out and the remainder are just fair or almost tasteless.

I'm not really that stingy with vaping. i have a provari, a darwin and a reo. I just don't like to pay too much for juice when there has to be some out there that would be good enough for less money or at least the $15 to $18 range. I don't want to "love" a juice that costs more than that. LOL

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
Considering I used to be one of those pre-filled carto guys, all juice is relatively cheaper compared to that ridiculousness. I generally dance between $12.00 to $16.00 for 30 mL. The only exceptions, as of now, would be House of Liquid and Want 2 Vape. (There are good reasons for those exceptions, too.) On the other hand, I am not paying $20+ for a 30 mL of some damn Snickerdoodle! I don't care how much it tastes like a cookie, cookies ain't that good. :facepalm: I would rather make my own cookies and hover over the oven vaping non-flavored juice.
:p

It depends on the juice. After trying (wasting money on) dozens of juices, my all day vape is Flue Cured from Alien Visions ($16.30 / 30 ml). Not bad. But the juice i vape with my first cup of coffee in the morning is Christy's Cappuccino ($20.80 / 30 ml). Worth every penny. The best juice on the planet imho is Sweet Caroline from iVape. Only available in 10ml bottles so it's expensive. I can't vape it because it has too much PG for me, but if I could, I'd pay $2 / ml - no problem. The best juice on the planet is worth it.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
In the beginning I bought small bottles to try before I'd commit to a large one. Now, I'll pay close to $1 per ml if I *know* the juice is good, like Virgin Vapor. I do have samples coming soon from Backwoods Brew and I'm so desperate for espresso that I bought a large bottle without being sure I'll like it - but it got many recommendations here so I'm hoping it's a winner.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I top out at between $15-$17 per 30mls, depending on my mood that day and how inviting the juice seems to me.

I always hunt for discount codes, too. :p

I just fell in love with a Halo juice, for which I refuse to pay full price ($20/30mls); fortunately, Halo seems to have fairly regular 15-20% off sales on major holidays, so I'll stock up then! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread