Let's wake the forum up! What have you tried that helped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerzeronic

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Colorado
I used a self-hypnosis guided imagery cd some years ago that really did help. My problem was that I wasn't motivated to really quit at that time. Weirdly, after listening to it, I would actually have no urge to light up for 6 or 8 hours. I quit listening to it, naturally.

I have friend who swears by her yoga classes. She took about 2 a day when she was quitting but still goes twice a week or so.

I know someone else who was successful with Lobelia and being very, very busy for a couple of weeks.

So what has taken the edge off for you in the past before vaping or while switching? Sex? Food? Prayer? Running? WoW? Acupuncture? Pregnancy? Stamp collecting? Let's hear it!

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
Ginger, thats funny that it kind of worked so you quit doing it lol. I too have tried a self hypnosis CD (didnt do a single thing for me), um i have tried pregnancy twice (worked while i was pregnant), patches (gave me rapid heartbeat), cold turkey with sunflower seeds and suckers (made me gain 20 pounds), i bought Chantix but gave them to my son instead and they worked for him, tried a book called something like quitting the easy way, which actually worked but then had a bout of a stressful time and started again -- since vaping tho, havent had an analog since last September!

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I use to gut bic pens...take out everything and cut down the tubes into 2" pieces...then I would always have one in my mouth and inhale/breathe through it...it helped me a lot...except this one time on the way to my friends family's house. I accidently flicked my bic out the window. Thought about going back to get it, but what are the odds of finding a bit of clear plastic on a busy road (seriously panicked though)...By the time I got to my friends (3min later), I just rush into the house, looking wild-eyed and crazy, don't even introduce myself to her family, whom I've never met...Asked for some scissors and a pen, destroyed the pen, cut it in half, stuck in my mouth, and just breathed a sigh of relief. My friend just looks over to her mum and says "he's qutting smoking". Understanding dawned on the faces of this family whom I've never met, and they all patted me on the back. We proceed to sit down and play munchkins and eat nachos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread