LG HB6 or Samsung 25R for single cell regulated

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Ya I guess. Kind of defeats the purpose of a smaller mod when you have to carry a case with 2 batts with you.
Think of it this way. If I'm carrying a 2 battery mod then I am already carrying 2 batteries. So with a single battery mod one extra battery won't hurt. My battery case holders are small and fits 2 batteries so for me it's not a big deal. Plus a 2 battery squonker is large. So with a single cell squonker I'm much better off. I don't care if I need to change batteries. To each their own.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I doubt it, given the endlessly inventive and changing universe. There's probably someone in Tibet doing it right now... :D

I prefer no overhang but I have plenty of mods for that before I caught provari-itis, which is quite a dangerous illness, I sometimes feel. :lol::lol:. Especially when coupled with a desire for backups... :) I'm still glad though, that I was able to experience the vape quality. I'm not sure I'd mind a bit of overhang, personally, I have a few tanks that are smaller than some of my tube mods, and I'm fine with that, it just isn't necessary for me, particularly....

Anna

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Think of it this way. If I'm carrying a 2 battery mod then I am already carrying 2 batteries. So with a single battery mod one extra battery won't hurt. My battery case holders are small and fits 2 batteries so for me it's not a big deal. Plus a 2 battery squonker is large. So with a single cell squonker I'm much better off. I don't care if I need to change batteries. To each their own.
True true. And with a squonker your eliminating the juice bottle I have to carry with me.

Vikram

Aug 7, 2017
Can someone help me on understanding what I really need vis-a-vis CDR rates?

I am a tootle puffer. All my builds are between 1.2 and 1.8 ohms and I never - I really do mean never - vape above 15W (and only in VW mode). I've only used built-in battery mods but I'm keen on trying external battery mods (a) for the numerous benefits and (b) because there's some nice looking ones available! In the specs I often read something like "requires a battery with 30A CDR" but these mods are also capable of 3 digit watt output. Given that my requirements are much lower, do I still need to use a 30A CDR battery or can I use something at 20A for example? It's the "requires" bit that confuses me.

TY in advance for any help.

Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser

I am a tootle puffer. All my builds are between 1.2 and 1.8 ohms and I never - I really do mean never - vape above 15W (and only in VW mode). I've only used built-in battery mods but I'm keen on trying external battery mods (a) for the numerous benefits and (b) because there's some nice looking ones available! In the specs I often read something like "requires a battery with 30A CDR" but these mods are also capable of 3 digit watt output. Given that my requirements are much lower, do I still need to use a 30A CDR battery or can I use something at 20A for example? It's the "requires" bit that confuses me.

CDR = continuous discharge rate, the number of amps that a battery can safely deliver continuously. It's possible to exceed this value but it is unwise.
For your requirements a good quality 20 amp 3000 mAh battery would be ideal.
I would recommend the Samsung 30Q or the LG HG2.

Work out the amp requirements of your setup, then pick a battery that matches or exceeds that amp requirement.

Ohms Law - Calculating safe amp usage | E-Cigarette Forum

img_4813-jpg.643937

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017

Sigelei 213 got alot of bad reviews because it couldn't fire 223w like they claimed. So the next version they said you needed 40amp batts to reach that wattage, which would work if they existed. 20amp should get you 50 55 watts per batt.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

As Bad and others have mentioned, the Ohms of the atomizer coil Don't come into play when considering the Amp Draw on the Battery of a Regulated Mod.

It's the Wattage, Remaining Voltage of the Battery, and the Efficiency of the Circuit Board that determine what the Amp Draw on the Battery.

Check out this site...

Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Notice when you set the page to Regulated (APV) and a given Wattage, that that Changing the Atomizer Resistance (Ohms) Doesn't effect Current (Amps) in the Battery Drain section.

What changes the Amps at the Battery is when you Increase/Decrease the Wattage. And or what the Battery Voltage is changed. And or the Mod's Efficiency.

Long Story Short. You get the Highest Amp Draw on your Regulated Mod when the Battery is at the Lowest Voltage (right before it Stops Working. Maybe 3.2 ~ 3.4 Volts depending on the Mod). And when the Wattage is set to the Highest.

With a True 20A CDR Battery and a Mod with an 90% Efficiency, you should be able to go Up to about 50 Watts when the Battery is at it's Lowest Voltage and still be within the Batteries CDR Limit.

If 50 Watts is the about Maximum you would Every want to Vape at, then a True 20A CDR Battery should be Fine.

If you want to go Higher than about 50 Watts, then Yes, you would want to use a Battery with a Higher CDR.

Vikram

Aug 7, 2017
Thank you for this. It's been a light bulb moment for me. When I first visited that page a few months ago, I couldn't make head or tail of it. This time around it seems so obvious, almost embarrassingly so. Inputting the way I vape, and using a conservative 80% efficiency, the page shows I draw well under 10A. It also laughed at me and called me a girl :D

Thanks everyone for chipping in. You've helped open up a world of mods that I really liked but have been too nervous to buy. It's probably made my bank manager nervous, but I'm delighted ;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you for this. It's been a light bulb moment for me. When I first visited that page a few months ago, I couldn't make head or tail of it. This time around it seems so obvious, almost embarrassingly so. Inputting the way I vape, and using a conservative 80% efficiency, the page shows I draw well under 10A. It also laughed at me and called me a girl :D

Thanks everyone for chipping in. You've helped open up a world of mods that I really liked but have been too nervous to buy. It's probably made my bank manager nervous, but I'm delighted ;)

Good Deal Vikram.

Sometimes when one Doesn't fully understand something, they tend to Error on the Extreme Side of Caution. Which isn't exactly a bad thing to do.

:)

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread