• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

LightintheBox order arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Box was labeled electronic cigarretes. It doesn't look like it was opened. Am now the proud owner of 50ml of cola, 50ml of chocolate and 50ml of mint. Gonna mix the choco and mint for a little mint chocolate chip action. Shipping took 12 days total i believe.

Hard to beat their prices and really they ship pretty fast. I went through 50ml of apple and 50ml of methol. Must not have been too bad they are empty. I just wish they had 24mg.

Have fun and enjoy, I know I did.

Lord_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Winnipeg
Not without a tracking number.

Even with a tracking number I found the USPS information to be less the satisfactory. I have had orders delivered before that status has been updated.

If its coming from Canada post the are pretty good at keeping it updated. Actually I just had an order for Health Cabin in chine and the tracking was pretty up-to-date.

Lord_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm still waiting now over a month for two bottles sent airmail. I think HC might have intercepted them! I've made two orders using EMS and they got here in exactly two weeks from order.

I really do like their mint and menthol, and am trying to stretch my last two bottles waaaaaay out!

I had a order from the UK take almost 4 weeks sit in customs for 2 weeks, but it went through

I have and order from China in the mail now, took about 3 weeks and only sat in customs 2 days.

I have one from the US, no idea where it is 3 weeks and counting.

Hang in there I wouldnt worry just yet.

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Heh, I seem to be having some bad luck these days. 4 weeks waiting for an EMS order from Health Cabin and it hasn't even hit customs yet! Lost in the mail somewhere. I wouldn't worry too much except this was an order for friends...pink 510 kits!

I had an order from extreme vaping take six weeks so I'm not too concerned. Just don't like telling my friends week after week "it's coming, it's coming!" :)

panlei0908

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Vancouver
i got 5 on the way , i got 2bottles of menthol 1from litb ,1from vapables and 1 vanilla:blink:but i dont like the taste,the menthol taste weird for the 1st few shot and the vanilla is too sweet:(
I'm still waiting now over a month for two bottles sent airmail. I think HC might have intercepted them! I've made two orders using EMS and they got here in exactly two weeks from order.

I really do like their mint and menthol, and am trying to stretch my last two bottles waaaaaay out!

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
i got 5 on the way , i got 2bottles of menthol 1from litb ,1from vapables and 1 vanilla:blink:but i dont like the taste,the menthol taste weird for the 1st few shot and the vanilla is too sweet:(

Vanilla menthol might be good. I find menthol mixes well with most things and should make the vanilla a little less sweet and give it a little more throat hit.

I did not notice a huge difference between the litb menthol and vapables. I like mixing the menthol with a touch of mint or melon, not too much or it tastes like candy. evapers menthol tastes like it has mint added already, too much for me but my friend loves it.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
As much as I hate to rain on ANYBODY'S parade, what's with all the orders to China? :confused:

Sure, their prices may be SLIGHTLY better, (I'm talking about hardware here..), but, if you ask me, the wait times and the worry add EXPONENTIALLY to their 'great prices'.

Stay at home. If you want something that Jack doesn't have, why not just send him an email and see if he CAN get it? Why put yourself through all the BS?

And, God HELP you if you have a problem with a chinese vendor..:rolleyes:

My :2c:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
As much as I hate to rain on ANYBODY'S parade, what's with all the orders to China? :confused:

Sure, their prices may be SLIGHTLY better, (I'm talking about hardware here..), but, if you ask me, the wait times and the worry add EXPONENTIALLY to their 'great prices'.

Stay at home. If you want something that Jack doesn't have, why not just send him an email and see if he CAN get it? Why put yourself through all the BS?

Not everyone has extra money to spend on anything. For some people it is just a way of life trying to cut every possible corner they can. When you're like me and living off of around 20 grand a year raising a family of 5 and putting my oldest daughter through College, every last penny saved is as small victory.

Ps. my Wife is a stay at home Mom and has been for 21 years and we have a dissabled Son. We have never taken any aid from the state or feds. I think you should keep in mind that what works for you might not work for everyone.

Not all of us are accustomed to a lifestyle like yours. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you are successfull and I wouldn't change places anyway, it's just that I think it's hard for people who are not struggling to really understand what it's like to be broke by Thursday of every week.

A penny saved in more than a penny earned. Do you know how much you have to earn to get to keep a penny??

I have pinched every last penny to death and that is what works for me and many others. I dont' owe anyone even one cent. I have not paid interest in about 15 years. I own my house and not the bank, I own my hoopties, but if something breaks I can fix it. (well with the help of my friends). I rely on the land for most of my food, boy isn't it nice knowing that my food is organic and fresh and somehow it just tastes better when you grow or harvest it yourself.

My point is to each their own!!! What is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Not everyone has extra money to spend on anything. For some people it is just a way of life trying to cut every possible corner they can. When you're like me and living off of around 20 grand a year raising a family of 5 and putting my oldest daughter through College, every last penny saved is as small victory.

Ps. my Wife is a stay at home Mom and has been for 21 years and we have a dissabled Son. We have never taken any aid from the state or feds. I think you should keep in mind that what works for you might not work for everyone.

Not all of us are accustomed to a lifestyle like yours. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you are successfull and I wouldn't change places anyway, it's just that I think it's hard for people who are not struggling to really understand what it's like to be broke by Thursday of every week.

A penny saved in more than a penny earned. Do you know how much you have to earn to get to keep a penny??

I have pinched every last penny to death and that is what works for me and many others. I dont' owe anyone even one cent. I have not paid interest in about 15 years. I own my house and not the bank, I own my hoopties, but if something breaks I can fix it. (well with the help of my friends). I rely on the land for most of my food, boy isn't it nice knowing that my food is organic and fresh and somehow it just tastes better when you grow or harvest it yourself.

My point is to each their own!!! What is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

While I don't have to go to those extremes, and I'm proud just to say I know you that you HAVE been able to get by as well as you had, especially having 5 kids (!!!!), what makes you think I'm rolling in diamonds? :confused:

I'm a stay at home mom too and before that, I worked as a Paramedic. I worked DAMN hard through my 12 HOUR SHIFTS, dealing with drunks, drug addicts and having to scrape families off the highways, so I'll thank you to keep your suppositions to yourself. :nah:

While I agree the fees may be SLIGHTLY higher than China's, I haven't seen anything from China that's swinging it at HALF PRICE or something. And, if I DO, I check the products reputation on ECF and, without fail, it's a piece of GARBAGE. You get what you pay for..

But, I could be wrong there too. I'VE had NOTHING but problems dealing with Chinese vendors. That being said, other's have had everything go smoothly.

But, why give them your money? You're the first one to stand up and say you're a patriot. Why not spend an extra, what? Five dollars? To help keep OUR vendors in business. If WE don't, then who will? :confused:

You're LUCKY Brad, your country doesn't HAVE a full-fledged BAN on e-cigs. This is Canadian Sub-Forum. We DO. We have to worry about our shipments WHEREVER they're coming from. I'd just rather know I have a problem within a WEEK as opposed to waiting for a MONTH to know whether or not it's EVER going to show up, or I'm going to be the proud owner of one of the dreaded Health Canada letters.

Don't complain until you walk a mile in our snow-shoes.

Last edited:

Lord_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Winnipeg

I just got an order in from China yesterday. I ordered some Mega Atties that at the time i could not find in Canada. Now I am not going to say the atties werent a good deal, but to make it worth the hassle I order a few more items. Aside from the odd item like the atties I did not find that the prices were all that great, cheaper yes great no. I also paid about 30.00 for shipping, the order got stopped at China customs for some batteries in the order and had to be reshipped. I had a small wait at Canadain customs, 2 days but this in my experiance is uncommon and I still waited 3 weeks for the order.

I would say that I saved about 40-50.00 on the atties, but that was on a 10 lot purchase. Add to that the wait time and the 30.00 for shipping and I would have to think twice before ordering there again.

I personally dont mind paying a few extra dollars and supporting a Canadian company. The order usually ship pretty quickly and are usually pretty well stocked. I have never personally request any items from Jack at HappyVapor but he has always sent the order out promptly and I have never had and issue where I ordered something and he didnt have it in stock.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
While I don't have to go to those extremes, and I'm proud just to say I know you that you HAVE been able to get by as well as you had, especially having 5 kids (!!!!), what makes you think I'm rolling in diamonds? :confused:

I'm a stay at home mom too and before that, I worked as a Paramedic. I worked DAMN hard through my 12 HOUR SHIFTS, dealing with drunks, drug addicts and having to scrape families off the highways, so I'll thank you to keep your suppositions to yourself. :nah:

While I agree the fees may be SLIGHTLY higher than China's, I haven't seen anything from China that's swinging it at HALF PRICE or something. And, if I DO, I check the products reputation on ECF and, without fail, it's a piece of GARBAGE. You get what you pay for..

But, I could be wrong there too. I'VE had NOTHING but problems dealing with Chinese vendors. That being said, other's have had everything go smoothly.

But, why give them your money? You're the first one to stand up and say you're a patriot. Why not spend an extra, what? Five dollars? To help keep OUR vendors in business. If WE don't, then who will? :confused:

You're LUCKY Brad, your country doesn't HAVE a full-fledged BAN on e-cigs. This is Canadian Sub-Forum. We DO. We have to worry about our shipments WHEREVER they're coming from. I'd just rather know I have a problem within a WEEK as opposed to waiting for a MONTH to know whether or not it's EVER going to show up, or I'm going to be the proud owner of one of the dreaded Health Canada letters.

Don't complain until you walk a mile in our snow-shoes.

I got the impression that you had money from the cars you own and the pictures of the inside of your house that you posted. That is quite a bit beyond what the average person around my neck of the woods can afford. I am not saying you have not worked hard for your success in life, it's just that it's hard to believe that anyone who can afford cars like you drive is in the same boat as truly poor people. Like I said I am glad that you are successfull, that's a good thing. However, not eveyone has an extra dime to spend. If I can't keep the cost of e-cigs to a very minimum I will be finding a new alternative.

My first e-liquid order was from LITB and it was a great deal on great juice at the best price.

I get where you are coming from I really do, however like I said some people need to cut every corner they can.

Ps. it's not unpatriotic to spend money were you feel like. I am a non-interventionist not an Isolationist. I believe in free trade but not managed trade. If we really had such a problem with buying from China none of us would have e-cigs at all. Furthermore, in many cases you are simply cutting out the middle man.

Pss. I live farther North than you do.:toast:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
You're right Brad, I drive a nice car. I live in a big house. But, yes, I worked DAMN hard to get what I have. So did my husband, now retired. I don't know about you, but there's no way, in HELL, could I have done 11 years of University. So, as far as I'm concerned, he deserves what HE has. And yes, much to his chagrin, that IS how I see things. That's why I went to WORK.

We have a friend that has more money than GOD, but, he's the STILL the hardest working person I know.

Not saying you DON'T work hard Brad, I know you do, but a LOT in life, seems to break down to LUCK. Your education doesn't ALWAYS get you in the door. Neither does your drive, regardless of what people tell you in this life. Just because you WANT it to happen, is no guarantee that it WILL. Something we make VERY sure to tell our 6 year old, ALL THE TIME. It's B.S., pure and simple, to tell children that, if you want it bad enough, it'll happen. :nah:

IT WILL NOT.

It's LUCK, not always skill, that gets us through life.

So, I'D prefer to spread a bit of LUCK to my LOCAL suppliers. That's all I'm saying.

AND, I know you're further North than we are, but you're still living in AMERICA, not CANADA.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
You're right Brad, I drive a nice car. I live in a big house. But, yes, I worked DAMN hard to get what I have. So did my husband, now retired. I don't know about you, but there's no way, in HELL, could I have done 11 years of University. So, as far as I'm concerned, he deserves what HE has. And yes, much to his chagrin, that IS how I see things. That's why I went to WORK.

We have a friend that has more money than GOD, but, he's the STILL the hardest working person I know.

Not saying you DON'T work hard Brad, I know you do, but a LOT in life, seems to break down to LUCK. Your education doesn't ALWAYS get you in the door. Neither does your drive, regardless of what people tell you in this life. Just because you WANT it to happen, is no guarantee that it WILL. Something we make VERY sure to tell our 6 year old, ALL THE TIME. It's B.S., pure and simple, to tell children that, if you want it bad enough, it'll happen. :nah:

IT WILL NOT.

It's LUCK, not always skill, that gets us through life.

So, I'D prefer to spread a bit of LUCK to my LOCAL suppliers. That's all I'm saying.

AND, I know you're further North than we are, but you're still living in AMERICA, not CANADA.

Like I said I am glad of your success. In fact I am always glad to see hard working people get ahead. Good for you and your husband!! I think many of the local suppliers manage to give as good a deal or better by buying in bulk and I will give them my first shot. In fact my first orders were from China but I have not ordered from there since then. However, I most likely will order from LITB again they were pretty quick and I really enjoyed their liquid. I do see were you are coming from with the customs hassles.

I used to ship about a dozen guitars a month to Canada as well as just about that many to other countries around the world. I am no longer shipping anywere but the lower 48. Shipping has gotten out of control expensive and I don't want to sell guitars to just make money. I also sell them to make people happy. The last thing I want is to have someone pay more for shipping and customs than the savings are worth. I still have a handfull of loyal customers from Canada who buy high end guitars so it's worth it. The precentage of shipping to price comes way down.

Also unless you have the time to wait I would order local. There is no point in trying to save a few bucks if it means you end up smoking a few packs of cigs because you are out of liquid or supplies.

Like I said I do know were you are coming from, and your concerns are valid. But, if a person can save some money, what is wrong with that?

Ps, the best deal on any acoustic guitar in the world is the Seagull S6. Handmade in Canada and second to none in quality and sound.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Like I said I am glad of your success. In fact I am always glad to see hard working people get ahead. Good for you and your husband!! I think many of the local suppliers manage to give as good a deal or better by buying in bulk and I will give them my first shot. In fact my first orders were from China but I have not ordered from there since then. However, I most likely will order from LITB again they were pretty quick and I really enjoyed their liquid. I do see were you are coming from with the customs hassles.

I used to ship about a dozen guitars a month to Canada as well as just about that many to other countries around the world. I am no longer shipping anywere but the lower 48. Shipping has gotten out of control expensive and I don't want to sell guitars to just make money. I also sell them to make people happy. The last thing I want is to have someone pay more for shipping and customs than the savings are worth. I still have a handfull of loyal customers from Canada who buy high end guitars so it's worth it. The precentage of shipping to price comes way down.

Also unless you have the time to wait I would order local. There is no point in trying to save a few bucks if it means you end up smoking a few packs of cigs because you are out of liquid or supplies.

Like I said I do know were you are coming from, and your concerns are valid. But, if a person can save some money, what is wrong with that?

Ps, the best deal on any acoustic guitar in the world is the Seagull S6. Handmade in Canada and second to none in quality and sound.

*spank*

Now, go buy Canadian. We're a LOT cooler than the Chinese..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread