Lightweight 2x18650 mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
Hello!

I am choosing a lightweight 2x18650 mod, as light as possible. Not a mech!

After some research found these options:
- joyetech Espion Tour (ca. 80 gramms)
- Augvape VX200 (ca. 65 gr.)
- eleaf Invoke (ca. 80 gr.)

There is also Tesla WYE I, but I don't want this form, so I choose only classic form like Espion Tour or alike. WYE II is kinda ugly and too big.

From the above list - I am not a fan of Invoke because of tiny fire button, so merely choosing between Espion Tour and VX200. But still on the fence...
Note that I can't try them out (can't find them in local vape shops) so have to pick it in an online shop. So wish to collect some more info on those models (cons/pros).

Main question is - maybe there are some other mods in this category worth looking at?
Any comments on Tour and VX200?
Are there threads by exact models with real owners feedback on this forum or elsewhere?

Main criteria for the mod:

- lightweight (possibly not more than ~80 grams)
- form-factor similar to Espion Tour
- good big fire button
- accessible

TIA

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,

What will you be using on top of the dual 18650 device?

Which 18650's will you be using? Brand and model please: We don't need the mAh nor the voltage nor the amp rating, just manufacturer and model...PLEASE

Do you vape in wattage, voltage or temperature control mode?

Will the device be used in a dusty, wet,or fall prone environment?

Do you have an external charger or do you plan to charge your batteries in the device?

What battery device are you using now and with which topper/tank/dripper?

Watch copious amounts of youtube videos and read the comments about the devices you are considering.

What is your budget?

Cheers
I

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
Hi and welcome,

What will you be using on top of the dual 18650 device?

Which 18650's will you be using? Brand and model please: We don't need the mAh nor the voltage nor the amp rating, just manufacturer and model...PLEASE

Do you vape in wattage, voltage or temperature control mode?

Will the device be used in a dusty, wet,or fall prone environment?

Do you have an external charger or do you plan to charge your batteries in the device?

What battery device are you using now and with which topper/tank/dripper?

Watch copious amounts of youtube videos and read the comments about the devices you are considering.

What is your budget?

Hi,
I have Sony VTC6 batteries and external charger.
Now I use Eleaf IKonn with RDAs mostly but nothing too powerful, I think I've never gone higher than 100 Watts.
So most of the time it's 50-100 Watt atomizers.
VW or VV - doesnt matter and I don't need TC. No special requirements for dust or water protection, but would be better if device is a quality build of course.

Budget? Hmm, given that there are already options for ~30$ I think I don't want to spend more than say 60$ on a mod.

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
Yes I was watching reviews about those mods from my list. Most reviews are however kind of unboxing reviews, no much real world testing. But I have seen some negative reviews about Augvape VX200, namely that the connector gets loose. So all in all, for now I am leaning towards Espion Tour. Just though maybe there are some other similar mods I have missed.

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
The Swell is a nice light weight 106.41 g and at Eciggity it's $59.99. Use code LABOR20 for 20% off of that price.
Thanks, not bad! The weight is most important for me though - I'd say it must be at most 80 gramms, ideally less.
I'd even sacrifice some features for the weight, say if a mod does not have screen and has only voltage adjustments - it is ok.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello!

I am choosing a lightweight 2x18650 mod, as light as possible. Not a mech!

After some research found these options:
- Joyetech Espion Tour (ca. 80 gramms)
- Augvape VX200 (ca. 65 gr.)
- Eleaf Invoke (ca. 80 gr.)

There is also Tesla WYE I, but I don't want this form, so I choose only classic form like Espion Tour or alike. WYE II is kinda ugly and too big.

From the above list - I am not a fan of Invoke because of tiny fire button, so merely choosing between Espion Tour and VX200. But still on the fence...
Note that I can't try them out (can't find them in local vape shops) so have to pick it in an online shop. So wish to collect some more info on those models (cons/pros).

Main question is - maybe there are some other mods in this category worth looking at?
Any comments on Tour and VX200?
Are there threads by exact models with real owners feedback on this forum or elsewhere?

Main criteria for the mod:

- lightweight (possibly not more than ~80 grams)
- form-factor similar to Espion Tour
- good big fire button
- accessible

TIA

I can vouch for the VX-200. But, bear in mind that the screen is dim and with small numbers. Front and back panels are plastic, while the body is zinc alloy. It's not bad for a budget mod, but if I were you I'd look into the eLeaf Invoke 200. A tad shorter than the VX, same general dimensions and lightweight.

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
My best are the new Vaporesso Gen and a VV Pulse X. The Gen is well built with a good finish, both dual 18650 and light.
I'm aware of the Gen, but it is not that light as said, it's 120 grams I think. There are mods like e.g. Digiflavor Lunar which is only 50 grams. So basically Lunar with its minimal features is ok, but it has bad ergonomics.

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
Just curious... why is weight so critical for you? How many watts do you need? Don't shoot me, but if you don't need too many watts, why not a single battery mod? You could always carry an extra backup battery if the issue is how long it lasts.
I have a single battery mod Tesla Wye 85, it is great. But it is not enough power, if I put say 50 Watt on dual battery mod, it vapes significantly better than on a single battery at the same wattage. I don't know why this happens, but I've heard it is the same with any single battery mod. I think dual gives more consisten and higher current at same voltage. Also I use dual coil RDA at ca. 100 Watt quite often.

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
I know you have disregarded Tesla mods but they satisfy three of your four criteria. They are lighter than a light thing. I have the single 18650 85w and it's great.
Actually I haven't completely disregarded, maybe I'll try it out. The Tesla Wye 200W is light indeed, but I am not a fan of this RX form-factor. When I hold it in my hand it is ok, but when I fire it is not so comfortable. And the Wye II 200 seems a bit too big. Also really not a fan of soft-touch coating, I'd prefer hard plastic with bit of grained texture, like by old school keyboards, would be perfect for me.
I think Espion Tour is just about perfect form-factor - not too big not too small. And it is just plastic, so that is why I like it a bit more than others. Though it looks kinda cheap and colored versions looks not good at all, maybe the white one is the least ugly.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Consider the Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus. It's a lightweight dual battery mod that can get you up to 200 watts. Body is pretty durable, made of an alloy metal that resists scratches and wear. Very nice colored display screen that actually shows you the voltage of each battery separately. Form factor is similar to what you are looking for. It's been out for a couple of years now so you may find it at discount prices.

1-Pc-Original-Sigelei-Fuchai-213-Plus-Mod-213W-TC-Vape-Mod-Electronic-Cigarettes-Vaporizer-Fuchai.jpg_640x640q70.jpg

Last edited:

mikhail v

Sep 1, 2019
Moscow
Consider the Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus. It's a lightweight dual battery mod that can get you up to 200 watts. Body is pretty durable, made of an alloy metal that resists scratches and wear. Very nice colored display screen that actually shows you the voltage of each battery separately. Form factor is similar to what you are looking for. It's been out for a couple of years now so you may find it at discount prices.
It is 142 grams - sure middleweight category i'd say. So it is like VX200 plus 2 18650 batteries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread