Limited Edition Coolfire Z80 & Zenith II-Mini Review by Javichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
First of all thanks to all the people at Innokin for the giveaway and a special thanks to @Innokin_timmy for sending me the Spanish version of the Limited Edition Coolfire Z80.

Gotta apologise for the length of the review,won't be as detailed or long as my other reviews.
Real life gets in the way,pops has a lot i mean a lot of tests to be done this week,still hoping he gets on the kidney transplant list but he is already 76 years old so yeah it will be a hard sell.

Anyway back to the subject at hand,this is the contents of the package i received from the giveaway from our friends at Innokin:

IMG_20210723_224014.jpg

Contents of the package all neatly tucked up in their slots,underneath of the mod and atty you have the rest of the items that come with the kit:

-Coolfire Z80 Mod
-Zenith II Tank
-0.8ohm Z Coil (MTL)
-0.3ohm Z Coil (RDL)
-5.5ml Glass Tube
-Zenith II RDL Drip Tip
-Spare O-Rings Set
-Type-C Charging Cable
-Quick Start Guide

4 colors schemes to choose from:

Innokin-Coolfire-Z80-Kit20210524-8.jpg

Some techy techy info:

Coolfire-Z80-Kit-19.jpg

InnokinCoolfireZ80Kit20210524_3.jpg

The Zennith II:

zzzzzz.JPG

With the Zenith II you got a wide selection of coils to choose from:

Z-Coil available:
• Kanthal mesh 0.3Ω Range 30-40W RDL (included)
• Kanthal mesh 0.48Ω Range 13-16W MTL (optional)
• Kanthal mesh 0.5Ω Range 14-19W MTL (optional)
• Kanthal 0.8Ω Range 15-18W MTL (included)
• Kanthal 1.0Ω Range 20-25W RDL / MTL (optional)
• Kanthal 1.2Ω Range 10-14W MTL (optional)
• Kanthal 1.6Ω Range 10-14W MTL (optional)

General impressions:

Nice portable mod,size wise it is very close to a Colossal which makes it the perfect mod to carry around if you going out.

Quality of the mod and atomizer makes it seem like if it were a high end device.
The mod itself is well made and feel sturdy and confortable at the same time when you are holding it.
The atomizer feels heavy but not in a bad way,makes you feel like you have a well crafted and engineered atomizer in your hand.

I didn't use the MTL coil much because i don't do nic salts but it seemed to work perfectly.
I moved right away to the 0.3 ohm coil and i got a very good vape from it,keept it in the 30W range and had no problems with it.

About the FØ Mode,can't really comment on that since i didn't use such feature.
I am a simple vaper,put the atomizer set my wattage and i am ready to go.

Now to the Refresh Mode:
You can choose auto or extended (where you must hold the fire button).
I have tried it about 5 or 6 times,only on auto and on 3 occasions i did get some minor spitback...not sure if this is user error or not so can't comment more on this.

Lot of pros for this mod and atomizer,if you are into well built and designed pod apparatus this is for you.

Con wise i wont mention the slight spitback when using refresh for the coil (not sure if it's user error) but the battery cap...hmm the handle to turn it around to screw in and out just didn't do it for me.

Nothing wrong with the cap itself or the threading,the issue i had was with the handle to unscrew the cap.

Slight pressure and it goes down and then you need to pull it out again,other models with the same type of screw cap have some ''resistance'' to it,they stay in the upright position but in this case even if you sneeze the handle will go down and there you go,you need to pull it out again.

Not a big issue perse but it did annoy me a bit.

Would i recommend this combo of mod/atty?

Well this question has 2 answers...

If you are veteran vaper and like to fiddle around then yes this kit is for you,lots of customisation and features for you to play around with.

If you're new to vaping or you're a simple vaper like me i wouldn't really recommend it,for a new/simple vaper i would go with something like the Kroma Z or the Sceptre which are also products from Innokin.

Thanks again @Innokin_timmy for the giveaway and apologies for the semi rushed/short review.

Last edited:

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
First of all thanks to all the people at Innokin for the giveaway and a special thanks to @Innokin_timmy for sending me the Spanish version of the Limited Edition Coolfire Z80.

Gotta apologise for the length of the review,won't be as detailed or long as my other reviews.
Real life gets in the way,pops has a lot i mean a lot of tests to be done this week,still hoping he gets on the kidney transplant list but he is already 76 years old so yeah it will be a hard sell.

Anyway back to the subject at hand,this is the contents of the package i received from the giveaway from our friends at Innokin:

View attachment 951771
Contents of the package all neatly tucked up in their slots,underneath of the mod and atty you have the rest of the items that come with the kit:

-Coolfire Z80 Mod
-Zenith II Tank
-0.8ohm Z Coil (MTL)
-0.3ohm Z Coil (RDL)
-5.5ml Glass Tube
-Zenith II RDL Drip Tip
-Spare O-Rings Set
-Type-C Charging Cable
-Quick Start Guide

4 colors schemes to choose from:

View attachment 951777

Some techy techy info:

View attachment 951773

View attachment 951775

The Zennith II:

View attachment 951779

With the Zenith II you got a wide selection of coils to choose from:

Z-Coil available:
• Kanthal mesh 0.3Ω Range 30-40W RDL (included)
• Kanthal mesh 0.48Ω Range 13-16W MTL (optional)
• Kanthal mesh 0.5Ω Range 14-19W MTL (optional)
• Kanthal 0.8Ω Range 15-18W MTL (included)
• Kanthal 1.0Ω Range 20-25W RDL / MTL (optional)
• Kanthal 1.2Ω Range 10-14W MTL (optional)
• Kanthal 1.6Ω Range 10-14W MTL (optional)

General impressions:

Nice portable mod,size wise it is very close to a Colossal which makes it the perfect mod to carry around if you going out.

Quality of the mod and atomizer makes it seem like if it were a high end device.
The mod itself is well made and feel sturdy and confortable at the same time when you are holding it.
The atomizer feels heavy but not in a bad way,makes you feel like you have a well crafted and engineered atomizer in your hand.

I didn't use the MTL coil much because i don't do nic salts but it seemed to work perfectly.
I moved right away to the 0.3 ohm coil and i got a very good vape from it,keept it in the 30W range and had no problems with it.

About the FØ Mode,can't really comment on that since i didn't use such feature.
I am a simple vaper,put the atomizer set my wattage and i am ready to go.

Now to the Refresh Mode:
You can choose auto or extended (where you must hold the fire button).
I have tried it about 5 or 6 times,only on auto and on 3 occasions i did get some minor spitback...not sure if this is user error or not so can't comment more on this.

Lot of pros for this mod and atomizer,if you are into well built and designed pod apparatus this is for you.

Con wise i wont mention the slight spitback when using refresh for the coil (not sure if it's user error) but the battery cap...hmm the handle to turn it around to screw in and out just didn't do it for me.

Nothing wrong with the cap itself or the threading,the issue i had was with the handle to unscrew the cap.

Slight pressure and it goes down and then you need to pull it out again,other models with the same type of screw cap have some ''resistance'' to it,they stay in the upright position but in this case even if you sneeze the handle will go down and there you go,you need to pull it out again.

Not a big issue perse but it did annoy me a bit.

Would i recommend this combo of mod/atty?

Well this question has 2 answers...

If you are veteran vaper and like to fiddle around then yes this kit is for you,lots of customisation and features for you to play around with.

If you're new to vaping or you're a simple vaper like me i wouldn't really recommend it,for a new/simple vaper i would go with something like the Kroma Z or the Sceptre which are also products from Innokin.

Thanks again @Innokin_timmy for the giveaway and apologies for the semi rushed/short review.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
Hope you and your family are safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread