Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Anyone seen this available stateside yet? This is the first that I've seen this atty on alibaba...

Rainbow Newest Genesis Atomizer His Atomizer - Buy Genesis Atomizer,His Atomizer,Rainbow His Atomizer Product on Alibaba.com

I am really unsure that this thing will be any good, as it appears to have stainless contacts...Looks interesting though. I thought originally the Line clones were made somewhere else (not china), but it looks like Rainbow is the current manufacturer.
Chopper71, the guy that own's S&S mods (based in Virginia) used to make a sort of Line clone (looks just like a V2) called the Defcon, but he doesn't make them anymore, that's possibly what you were thinking of.

Actually although yes filling through the wick hole is a HUUUUGEE PITA, the wrapping posts are actually really nice and very, very easy to setup from what I hear. (i've never owned one, just going by word of mouth on this one)

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Yeah, the wrap-around posts are easy to set up- and a few modders still swear by that design. Not all line-style genesis atomizers have no fill hole- some do (my atom bomb does).

The SS contacts are the biggest issue that I can see (and possibly no fill-hole? EDIT: It does have a small fill hole separate from the wick hole).

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I thought Rip said he took care of this

really? Apple cant get china clones under control with all their power, i doubt a small time shop can. lol

i bet these will sell like fire too, he better hurry up and at least let people know whats going on with the AC9.

only thing i want is a foggatti and maybe a wand if MB gets a realistic price on it

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
agreed on the Wand pricing (although my other obstacle is not having a Wizard Ti...).

So far I've also found the anodized ERA/Hornet clones, full-size DiD clones, Bliss clones, as well as a host of other genesis systems that I don't recognize (not blatant clones). Also, there are a bunch of different GG clones including a few versions of the TS, the Transformer, and the Stealth(complete with "unique serial numbers")...plus the Ody. There's even a genesis hybrid or two (one is all-black, interesting).

All that said, Chinese export quality is not up to par with most of the small mod shops- so while there will be some competition, not all customers who use high-quality mods will go running for the chinese crap. I've got both- the high-quality and the Chinese crap, and the only things that the low-end products are good for are showing beginners a way in, and for throwing around when out and about. I'm not saying that I don't support those vaping on a budget (like me)- I just try to stay away from supporting the use of tracing paper when designing new products, then churning out stuff that's of poor quality.

What I like to see is companies like Youde, that come up with unique designs (loosely based on existing work, just like most everyone else in the world making RBA's these days), and produce them at a high quality. There need to be more companies like them in the far east, imho.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i absolutely agree with everything you just said. the only thing i have not figured out is if i have a small shop and introduce a product that seemingly everyone wants why would i not go and find another quality shop to help me keep up. i would prefer to make less per unit but make it up on volume and keep china from getting a hold with a knockoff of my products.

in the case of ZEN and siam mods i can understand as their shops were destroyed, and with all the GG breakup going on i see that too. but anyone in this business doing it to keep their stuff exclusive is playing with fire.

i dont own any knockoffs except for the cheap did clone i started with that has since seen the dumpster. but a quick look in any of the forums should be enough to show anyone that knockoffs will always sell if they cant get a real one. and the longer it takes to get a somnium or zen or hellfire is just more time for the aga to keep being refined and take over.

heck just look at this ody clone selling like fire.

Last edited:

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Actually, Youde is the maker of the AGA- and they're pretty much the only chinese manufacturer that sticks to their own designs, high quality materials, and continuous, incremental improvements (unlike some companies that throw 6 different versions of the same product on the market at one time).

I fully support them and their products- the IGO and AGA have pretty much won me over, at least when I compare them to the rest of the chinese playing field (clone city). They also support co-ops, from what I undertand- unlike RainbowHeaven (bo00oo!) et.al.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
no not saying the aga is a cheap knock off i meant it in the sense that as long as the big guys sit and take forever to produce top shelf stuff the faster the cheaper stuff will fill the void and potentially take customers away who would have broke down and bought the AC9 ( for example)
i been on the COV list so long for an ody i since moved on to other things i like i wouldnt have tried otherwise.

i think foggatti has the right idea - we only got 50 so here they are, we will have 50 more in a week or two, and some more soon after that. not trying to wait till they have 500 ready.

Last edited:

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I'm with ya on the cloning from a moral standpoint, but the copying is not all bad. My experience is a good example:

I tried many times to get a hold of an original Ody for a few months, but had no luck. I found out the the Ody was no longer in production. I then heard of a clone out of China that was supposedly a very good copy. So I caved and bought one. They copied it so well, that it has all the quirks of the original Ody. It's hands down the best vape I've ever experienced. Some of the guys that have the original Ody and the Terminator tell me they there's no difference in vape quality.

I've spoken with Imeo about this on a few occasions and thanks to the Chinese, his business has never been better. Even though he's not selling the Ody, the cheap clones have helped get him better known in the RBA scene. Guys like Imeo aren't that concerned about the copying, because he's constantly improving his designs and techniques; something the Chinese are not very good at. Have a look at some of the Ithaka vids he's made.
Thanks to the Chinese Terminator, my next top of the line RBA will be the Ithaka...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread