Lip sores from vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Ok, I'm not a MD, but I'll chime in with my 2¢. Have you deep cleaned (soaked in ISO 91%)all you vaping gear? I'm putting my money on something viral. If all the other culprits have been ruled out, could be a reaction to COVID either the virus or shot.

Hmmm never thought of a deep cleaning. I'm down to my 2 SMOK RPM80 modes (1 standard and 1 pro) but I can give the tanks a good soaking or just buy new tanks. It actually started B4 COVID (almost 3 years ago) and way B4 we got our shots (Oct 2021). My go to juice brand lately is Coastal Clouds (can't get some of my past favs any more) and it was almost cleared up then I started vaping Coastal Clouds tobacco and it "seems" to have made things worse. I've avoided the tobacco for over a week now and have signs of clearing up again. Maybe I've developed an intolerance to VG?

Thanks so much for all the ideas, at this point I'll try almost anything.

Cheers!
Don

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hmmm never thought of a deep cleaning. I'm down to my 2 SMOK RPM80 modes (1 standard and 1 pro) but I can give the tanks a good soaking or just buy new tanks. It actually started B4 COVID (almost 3 years ago) and way B4 we got our shots (Oct 2021). My go to juice brand lately is Coastal Clouds (can't get some of my past favs any more) and it was almost cleared up then I started vaping Coastal Clouds tobacco and it "seems" to have made things worse. I've avoided the tobacco for over a week now and have signs of clearing up again. Maybe I've developed an intolerance to VG?

Thanks so much for all the ideas, at this point I'll try almost anything.

Cheers!
Don
IMO, it is the flavoring.
Switch to unflavored and see if it makes a difference.

(anecdotal story about a popular juice that now gives me lesions in my nose after using it with no issues for 5 plus years.)

Cheers
I

Reactions: jwbnyc

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Then, I don’t know.. I’ve had sores from too much nicotine. Maybe an allergic reaction? They can develop sometimes, where a person wasn’t reacting to something and then they are. Good luck figuring it out.
IMO, it is the flavoring.
Switch to unflavored and see if it makes a difference.

(anecdotal story about a popular juice that now gives me lesions in my nose after using it with no issues for 5 plus years.)

Cheers
I
Thanks so much for your input. I am thinking along the same lines. Some flavors seem to make thing worse than others. Any suggestions on unflavored juice?

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread