Lipo PWM build help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampcrawler

Apr 26, 2019
Im bouncing back and forth between buying a nice tube mech or building something. A ton of people are suggesting a 3 or 4s Lipo PWM mod for high power vaping, which is what I like.

Can anyone help me out with a parts list? Maybe pics of what you’ve done? I had planned to do something with one of the kits from Motley but he doesn’t have Lipo kits...

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Do you have the charger needed for either of those lipos?
Do you have the tools to solder and cut whatever box type you plan to use?
Do you plan to do a complete, bottom to top, PWM build, or would you rather go with a pre-built PWM chip?

I would suggest if you feel you want the box, to go with a dna build instead of the PWM.
If you're set on the PWM, I would suggest a Big Al's chip instead of building the PWM.

Reactions: swampcrawler

swampcrawler

Apr 26, 2019
Do you have the charger needed for either of those lipos?
Do you have the tools to solder and cut whatever box type you plan to use?
Do you plan to do a complete, bottom to top, PWM build, or would you rather go with a pre-built PWM chip?

I would suggest if you feel you want the box, to go with a DNA build instead of the PWM.
If you're set on the PWM, I would suggest a Big Al's chip instead of building the PWM.

I dabbled in racing and freestyle drones for a bit, so I’m familiar with Lipos and their charging and care, as well as soldering. I have a machine shop complete with real live machinists at work, so that’s no issue.

I do like the built in safety and convenience features of the big al’s chip.

I essentially don’t know what size enclosure would work and what they need aside from the battery, chip, pot and 510.

Reactions: SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Well, it would be best to pick your enclosure 1st, then find a battery that is suitable for that size.

You will also need a firing button. No mosfets needed if using a big al's or dna chip.

Ati_store or motleymods on ebay are good sources.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread