Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I would assume puffing smoking the rubbish Benson & Hedges and 555 all these years would make me immune to harsh throat hits. Never smoked lights as well. But vape stuff have a completely different set of rules!! :p
If you go to purchase in your local shop tell them if you want a smooth hit or somewhat of a throat hit. They can sit you up right cause they know you live near them and would be back to complain if they didn't lol......It should be clear, no matter what and without smell. If it has either don't buy it. When buying online you don't get that option.

:)

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
The main thing is safety first. Be sure you can use your dishwashing gloves to manipulate small items (bottles, droppers, etc.). You might test them first by mixing up something using just water. The loss of the feeling of touch can cause one to be quite clumsy.

Like @stols001, I rarely use gloves unless they are surgical gloves. Also, remember that getting on your skin is not the only issue with using nic. Stepping on accidental splatters, drips, and/or spills can be very dangerous to small animals and small children. Even though I have a clinical background, I still let people in the house know what I am doing, not to be disturbed and then secret myself away from any potential "surprise!" situations (I have a dog with a warped sense of humor that sneaks up behind me and barks and a deaf cat that has to claw my leg to get attention).

Hazmat suit, no; careful caution, yes.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
The main thing is safety first. Be sure you can use your dishwashing gloves to manipulate small items (bottles, droppers, etc.). You might test them first by mixing up something using just water. The loss of the feeling of touch can cause one to be quite clumsy.

Like @stols001, I rarely use gloves unless they are surgical gloves. Also, remember that getting on your skin is not the only issue with using nic. Stepping on accidental splatters, drips, and/or spills can be very dangerous to small animals and small children. Even though I have a clinical background, I still let people in the house know what I am doing, not to be disturbed and then secret myself away from any potential "surprise!" situations (I have a dog with a warped sense of humor that sneaks up behind me and barks and a deaf cat that has to claw my leg to get attention).

Hazmat suit, no; careful caution, yes.

To add to this, If you do get nic base on you, wash with cool or cold water not hot. Hot water opens pores, cold water closes them somewhat.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Mostly, you don't want to end up in a situation where you accidentally drop/pour a bunch of high mg nic on your skin (or lap, chest, whatever it falls onto). It can be absorbed through the skin, however the PG and VG slow it way down. That's why they don't sell pure nic, because it would kill people (quick absorption, and high concentration) if they have an accident with it, but when it's cut to a 10% solution in vg or pg, not too bad.

Gloves are a fine idea. I've used them... ;)

I work at a table such that if I spill it, it goes on the table and not on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread