Liquid storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I haven't seen any definite guidance so here's my n00b questions for the day about the liquids.

- Are there any storage recommendations for liquid? I've just got a sampler set from Johnson Creek and I notice that all the bottles are brown glass, so I'm taking that as a hint to store them out of the light, but is there any need to keep them in the fridge or is room temperature cool enough?

- How long will the stuff stay fresh unopened?

- How long will the stuff stay fresh once it's been opened (assuming I don't use the dropper to blow bubbles in the liquid which sounds like the sort of thing which would turn it green in no time flat ;) )

Obvious questions to which I don't know the answers ... possible Wiki-fodder. Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Everything I've read, it works to keep in in the fridge and keep it in a dark place. Someone said they keep it in a box in the fridge. I just keep mine in the butter section of the door. All my liquids are PG.

I don't know the shelf-life in or out of the fridge.

I've even wondered if it could be frozen for long term storage? (In case we ever have to stockpile) If it would change any of the properties, or preserve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread