Storage Expectations 30 x 30ml e Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been vaping a specific liquid since 2012 and without wanting to go into the whys and what fors, I don't want to change to another brand until I must.

The brand (JC Red Oak) is no longer manufactured as the company closed Oct 2017 so I have managed to buy 16 x 30ml bottles of it (100% PG Free) and I had left the bottles in the bottom of my fridge (Glass bottles) But recent research has forced me to take them out after 3 weeks and place them in a cupboard instead as apparently keeping them in a fridge can increase the deterioration of the flavours etc

Side Note: I actually had 30 x 5ml bottles (glass) of the same e liquid in my fridge for a year and whilst the flavours are not as sharp I would not say it was disgusting or unusable... I only noted the difference since I obtained the recent batch of 30ml bottles which taste much stronger...

I reckon these 16 bottles will last me 18 months - No idea how old they are in terms of how long the vendor I got them from had them in their store but they taste fine and fresh for now.

The question is this:

I have an opportunity to buy another 15 bottles from another vendor and trust me there is precious little of this stuff left in the world so I am tempted but if freezing or refrigerating does not extend their shelf life, I suspect I would be wasting my money as it would be 3 years or more before I actually get to the very last bottle.

The 15 bottles I am tempted to buy will cost me $600 inc shipping and customs etc

So on one hand I REALLY want to buy it because I won't be able to get it anywhere else if I let the sale pass and on the other hand I am thinking it will go "off " by the time I get to the last remaining bottles.

Would freezing help?

It's a dilemma!

Thoughts?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Just my first thought having been there, done that......

There is an end date to having your favorite juice, 18 or 36 months. At $40 per 30ml bottle, I would opt to use that $600 searching for a replacement and/or trying DIY over the next 18 months. The few times this has happened to me, I have been able to find a very adequate replacement.

Good luck, I feel your pain. And if you opt to go for those 15 bottles, use those first and age the (presumably) less expensive to see how they last. :D

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I have heard stories of people vaping juice after many years, and open ones mind you, with no issues. I guess it really is a gamble because most of us will use juice within a year or two at best. $600.00 is a lot of money, on the other hand that is the cost of two months smoking cigarettes for me if I still smoked so I would probably justify the purchase on that alone if I was in your shoes. @OlderNDirt gives some good advice should you take that route.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Opinions differ on vaping elderly e-liquid and what that is like, but I do think that @OlderNDirt is giving you good advice. It's possible you may find something you like equally or more, and/or that is a fair amount of money for DIY e-liquid supplies and I'm all for THAT. Wouldn't it be great if you were able to create something you liked just as much or better? Sounds to me like you have time to experiment with either.

Nothing is 100% permanent in the vaping world, alas. Like anything in life.

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
First of all, put them back into the fridge. I have had ejuices in my fridge since the day I started and they seem to last longer than just being in a cabinet. Heat and light are what degrades nicotine. With that said, I did find some that were over 4 yrs old and decided not to trust them so down the drain they went. But they were fruit type flavors. Can't really speak to tobacco types except to say that many vapers have had their tobacco ejuices for longer than that and they say 'its still fresh to them'. I would keep your current stash and take the time to try and find a replacement. There are many many different types of flavors that are similar to yours. I am certain that the tobacco leaf used in your ejuice has continued to be produced. Spending $600.00 now on a 'maybe' just does not equate in my book. Spend some of that money to find a replacement. It seems you have a little time before your current stash runs out.
Just my 2 pennies.

:)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I keep mine in a box, in the fridge, it does extend the life over just being on the shelf. I would put them back in the fridge if I were you. JMHO

I purchased a LOT of Nicoticket juice before they went out of business, I didn't want to run out of Wakonda :) I still have over 600ml and am not worried about it at all. If it looses a little flavor, I most likely won't notice. :D

As for the other bottles, that's something you will have to decide, $600 is a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread