Liquidnator Tank vs. Map Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
you also have the option of the DCT MAP that uses cartos.

Map tanks are tighter sealed.

Almost impossible to accidentally pull off one of the caps or slide the tank completely off the cartomizer for the map tanks.

The Liquinator is quite a bit more loose on the seals for the end caps and the o-rings around the cartomizer. It's easy to accidentally slide the entire tank off of the cartomizer or caps off of the liquinator. I personally haven't had that happen, but it is what it is.

Slotted and punched cartos are a personal preference. you can do either or on either tank.

To me, It comes down to personal preference. I prefer the look of the SS DCT MAP since the end caps are flush with the Poly tube, or the Depth Charge with 2 flush end caps.

I rather not comment on the Ce2 MAP tank as I never really found Ce2's satisfying. I rarely use my Ce2 MAP.

Isn't DCT Map = Liquidnator? As well, I thought the map tank did not enclose a carto, only ce2 innards?

MAP(Most Angry Pirate) makes two tanks. One He calls the DCT Map Tank and the other is just A Map tank. One uses cartos and the other uses Ce2's. The Liquinator is made by another vendor/maker. The DCT is tight fitting and has flush end caps, while the liquinator is loose fitting with non flush end caps, but does come in a variety of sizes, which is nice.

Here are some links to tanks I own or have owned. There are many more tanks out there, but if I haven't owned it, I'll leave it out. Depth Charge is probably my favorite, but a bit pricey.

Link to MAP Tank (Ce2)
MAP Tank

Link to DCT MAP Tank (Carto)
DCT MAP Tank

Link to Liquinator Tanks (Carto)
Liquinator Tank

Link to Torpedo Tank (Ce2)
Torpedo Tank

Link to Depth Charge Tank (Carto)
Depth Charge Tank

Link to a very well priced and well performing tank. Looks similar to a liquinator, but has tighter seal and better price. (Carto)
BDV Lil' Mama 3ml Tank
BDV Big Daddy 5ml Tank

This next carto tank is only 14.00 and it works and looks nearly exactly like a DCT MAP. I have one of these also. Best tank where price is concerned, but only comes in delrin. (Carto)
SmokTank XL Tank

I highly suggest a carto tank over a Ce2 tank.

Last edited:
Just got a tank and am having problems w/way to much liquid flooding the punched cart. I find myself having to push the tank up and down the punched (purchased pre-punched) cart. Is there a brand that's better ? Is this user error?

I found that the single hole prepunched cartos overfill at times. Factory punched cartos work well for me as they are single hole and much smaller than the prepunched ive tried.

Normally I just punch my own. I use a simple vice and a nail. I actually sharpened a nail to get a finer hole as smaller holes just work better for me. I heard drilling works also with a small drillbit, but I rather stay away from metal flakes in my sippy cup.:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread