Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
Hi - I also went to the page you listed for the flavors - do you know if these flavors contain Oil - am hung up on the forum saying oils are bad for the atomizers and really don't know how to find out what has and does not have the oils they talk about. Thanks for any info
Darlene

the only way to know for sure is to check the web site for an ingredients list and if one is not available contact the supplier, ive found that most suppliers are happy to give as much information as possible to a new customer.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
yeah, capella doesn't list actual ingredients, just says "hey we don't use this" on their page. i'd rather know a bit more as to what is in them, i've emailed them and we'll see what they say. or if they answer.

:)

great thread, btw, that moose lodge on ebay is much cheaper than ordering from lorann. well, for the 1 dram bottles at least :) gotta see what i like best before investing in larger quantity!

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
yeah i wish i could update it longer, one of the mods suggested they would may be willing to just cut and paste everything for me and i can post a new thread since i cant update anymore, I would love to be able to edit this thread on a more drastic scale. if blogs can be edited i may need to just set up a blog and post updates there and just place an update notice in the forum

deeptrout

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
Utah
OK i did it, I have moved this to my blog. As of right now this will be the only thing you will find in my blog unless requested otherwise. please feel free to subscribe as i will update it regularly and try to keep it clean and pretty. feel free to post information in my blog comments and message me private or public i dont mind this is the best way i know to contribute, through information provided by others as my own experience is fairly limited.DeepTrout's Blog

Ok i just updated my blog to include the ones that weren't included that walrus provided and provided a direct link to the moose lodge store.

Last edited:

Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA
yeah, capella doesn't list actual ingredients, just says "hey we don't use this" on their page. i'd rather know a bit more as to what is in them, i've emailed them and we'll see what they say. or if they answer.

:)

great thread, btw, that moose lodge on ebay is much cheaper than ordering from lorann. well, for the 1 dram bottles at least :) gotta see what i like best before investing in larger quantity!
I just received a email back from Capella flavors and this was their reply:

all flavors are water based and contain no oil

Makes me feel better now!!!

Hope your email says the same thing.
Darlene

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
For bottles and droppers, I recommend American Science and Surplus -- www. sciplus. com (sorry, not able to link, yet...) They always carry small dark glass bottles -- usually in the range of $2-4 for 8 to 10 bottles. They almost always have glass droppers, pipettes and of course flasks and all the lab supplies you could want. They do have a minimum order, but once you're on the site, if you have any geek in you at all, that's not hard to do. I just bought 30 15 ml child-proof dropper bottles for $12.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
For bottles and droppers, I recommend American Science and Surplus -- www. sciplus. com (sorry, not able to link, yet...) They always carry small dark glass bottles -- usually in the range of $2-4 for 8 to 10 bottles. They almost always have glass droppers, pipettes and of course flasks and all the lab supplies you could want. They do have a minimum order, but once you're on the site, if you have any geek in you at all, that's not hard to do. I just bought 30 15 ml child-proof dropper bottles for $12.

Thanks for the link.

"Republic of Boulder," huh?
LOL! What do the tobaccophobes there do when they see you enjoying yourself with a mist emitting from your smile?

CZEdwards

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Republic of Boulder
Randall (creepy name, btw) -- they get confused. I specifically only own blue LEDs. They know I'm not smoking, but they don't understand.

Fortunately, I'm more grown-up goth club kid than crystal-licking hippie (not that there's anything wrong with that!) so I don't spend a lot of time out and about... and the fact that I'm violently allergic to their drug of choice and moderately allergic to the dirt-scented odor (patchouli ain't perfume, dammit) they use to mask it means I'm careful. I don't like the ER and I really hate epinephrine and anaphylactic shock sucks.

I haven't pushed any limits so far -- no vaping indoors, f'r example -- because I'm enjoying it too much to put up with somebody else's hassle.

Confusion mostly covers it. And a gawd-awful number of questions.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
Randall (creepy name, btw) -- they get confused. I specifically only own blue LEDs. They know I'm not smoking, but they don't understand.

Fortunately, I'm more grown-up goth club kid than crystal-licking hippie (not that there's anything wrong with that!) so I don't spend a lot of time out and about... and the fact that I'm violently allergic to their drug of choice and moderately allergic to the dirt-scented odor (patchouli ain't perfume, dammit) they use to mask it means I'm careful. I don't like the ER and I really hate epinephrine and anaphylactic shock sucks.

I haven't pushed any limits so far -- no vaping indoors, f'r example -- because I'm enjoying it too much to put up with somebody else's hassle.

Confusion mostly covers it. And a gawd-awful number of questions.

Heh! I hear ya.
I get quite nauseous when I smell that stuff, too.

JustDucky

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2009
Milford, CT USA
NOW Personal Care has vegetable glycerine in 4 oz. (118ml) and 16 oz. (473ml) sizes. Their site does not list prices as they are wholesale only it would seem. The site does have a store finder by zip code or city, however. Their primary retail business is through health food stores.

I purchased mine locally (4oz. for $4.49, 16 oz. for $8.99) with no sales tax or shipping cost.

On their site [nowfoods.com/Products/ProductsAlphabetically/M003277.htm] it says, "100% pure - Vegetable Glycerine from NOW has a rich, lubricating texture that is easily soluble in water. And because it is derived entirely from vegetable oil, it is hypoallergenic and suitable for use in all of your favorite cosmetic applications. Additionally, NOW® Vegetable Glycerine is extremely pure, and therefore safe for both topical and internal use."

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
I get Now glycerine at Vitamin Cottage (a Mountain states chain, I think?) $3.73 for a 4 oz bottle, and that's gonna last me a while. It's thick....

That's where I got my bottle. The one on Washington and 106th. The ladies there were very curious as to what I would be using it for, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread