Lithium Ion + magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
I am in the process of making my first box mod and have a question about batteries and magnets. Would it be a bad idea to use the battery as a magnetic contact? I am using some small magnets to hold my cover on and wanted to use the battery as the metallic contact, the magnets would contact the side of the batteries and not the conductive ends.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Why not just put another magnet or piece of metal on the inside of your box? If it's on the battery and you drop it and the battery comes out so goes the lid. The other way it will hold your lid on and batteries in.

Carry it in your pocket and use it to hold your credit card :)

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
That's just wrong...:)
No it's not.

Some of these high powered neodymium magnets can mess up mag strips on credit card, driver's licenses, and may even be dangerous.
Make sure you think out your application.

They're cheap and easy to get, easy to lose. Order 100, or a 1000. Do you know where they are now? How many did you lose?
Just like e-juice, if a pet or kid gets a hold of these little magnets they can cause all kinds of problems.
Ingest two, at different times and they can kill.

HellaDank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2009
Lower Cali
Actually what happens is a kid swallows one, goes into intestine, swallows another, goes into intestine, pulls two intestinal loops together, kills the kid.

Neodymium magnets and kids or pets, bad thing.
Neodymium magnets and adults, natural selection.

LMAO well said sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread