Little tap water in my vape juice Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legitimous

Oct 9, 2015
So just a few seconds ago I washed my empty 120ml bottle of vape juice with tap water. I dried with a hot air dryer and I poured 60ML Of Vg and the rest I put PG FLAVOR AND NIC. However the actual top of the bottle still had a little residue from when I ran the tap water through it and I closed it and shook it. Just wondering if it's safe to vape if it was only a little bit of tap water?

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
No, a drop or two of tap water will not make it unsafe (unless your tap water is already highly unsafe). Basically, the reason to only use distilled water when mixing ejuice is because of the possible mineral and/or bacterial content of tap water. In general, most tap water is pretty low, and shouldn't be a problem in small amounts. Tap water is highly regulated as far as bacterial count, and also for harmful minerals, but if you have really hard water (usually calcium, which won't hurt you to drink), it might give you coil problems. But not with a drop or two in 60 ml. You're fine.

OMFG! This is terrible. Of course it's not safe. If I were you, I would throw out that bottle with poisonous water to the bottom of the ocean. And call an ambulance if you already vaped some of that juice.

On a serious note, can't believe that someone, who's inhaling PG, VG and flavor vapor into his lungs, is worried about a drop of tap water...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread