Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
I am so determined to get this right one of these days. :laugh:
I've only had my 510-T for a week and I've already dropped a ton on accessories. It will get cheaper eventually, right? Well, that's what I keep telling my husband anyway. :lol:

After all has been said and done I definitely prefer the atty + cart over the cartos. Since I am quitting analogs I find I really need the TH that the Boge cartos just don't seem to deliver.

All that really matters to me right now is staying off the analogs. After seeing how relatively easy it has been for me to fight a 28 year habit, I have friends who are looking to follow in my footsteps so I'm sending them here.

So...am I the only one feeling like we should have an official handshake or something? :vapor:

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
Well, I *think* it should get cheaper... That is what I am telling my husband too. LOL!:laugh: Sounds to me like you are well on you way to figuring out what is going to work best for you. This forum has such great people giving out solid advice to help out noobs like you and I. Tips and suggestion on gear from the veterans is invaluable to help us find our perfect set up. I have bought a bunch of different stuff too, but I really like the cartos the best for me. I guess you have to do some spending in the beginning and try different things out, how else are you going to know what you preference is?

I agree 100% with you... whatever works to stay off the stinkies is your best choice!

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Amen sister! I've spent FAR more on this hobby than I would have on analogs but right now I don't much care. My THIRD pv is in the mail and should arrive tomorrow. And now I find myself thinking about a mod. OMG-will it never end??? Yeah, my husband thinks I'm nuts. But he's so glad I don't stink anymore that he doesn't say much, just kinda shakes his head when I'm jumpin up and down after the mailman delivers yet another package!!! Hang in there girls!! It MIGHT get cheaper someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I must remind myself that a portion of every dollar I ever spent on *anything* - not just vaping supplies - went for my continuing education. If I didn't learn something from the purchase it's my own fault because there is always a lesson to be learned. Of course, the more I know going into a transaction, the smaller the percentage of my expenditure will be required for education and the greater the portion for product.

I can't imagine how much money I've saved on such incidental education since having been led to this forum, and all the things I'm learning on here *for free!* Kinda boggles the mind, doesn't it? Thank you, ECF!

Happy Vaping! :vapor:

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
I must remind myself that a portion of every dollar I ever spent on *anything* - not just vaping supplies - went for my continuing education. If I didn't learn something from the purchase it's my own fault because there is always a lesson to be learned.
Absolutely! For example, just now I learned that the Cool Raspberry juice I bought a sample of tastes like cough syrup. :laugh:

Oban

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
South Carolina
I must remind myself that a portion of every dollar I ever spent on *anything* - not just vaping supplies - went for my continuing education. If I didn't learn something from the purchase it's my own fault because there is always a lesson to be learned. Of course, the more I know going into a transaction, the smaller the percentage of my expenditure will be required for education and the greater the portion for product.

I can't imagine how much money I've saved on such incidental education since having been led to this forum, and all the things I'm learning on here *for free!* Kinda boggles the mind, doesn't it? Thank you, ECF!

Happy Vaping! :vapor:

So true WDL, this place is an invaluable resource for us vapors. :toast:

loldude

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
Well I'm kinda broke at the moment which is why I'm going for a cheap 510 kit until I can afford something bigger and better in a month or so. I find it way cheaper than analogs at this point since I was smoking half a pack to a pack of marlboros a day before buying my own juice! At around 5 dollars for 10 ml it's way cheaper since I go through about 2 to 3 ml a day. :)

supramav

Dec 20, 2011
United States
I can say I have saved a lot since quitting analogs. I first got a ego-t that was my only device for almost a year! Then the mod bug hit me, and I got a Silver Bullet, but I don't see myself buying another pv for a long time. I did just order a evolv kick, but that's about it for my devices. Luckily, mostly every juice I ordered so far I have liked, and now I have have a supplier who is fairly close to me, so I can sample before I buy! No more wasting money on nasty juices!

codysb05

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Richland
I think it will absolutely get cheaper, in the last two months I have purchased an Ego-C, Provari starter kit, smoketech tank, multiple atomizers and cartomizers, and about 5 juice samplers. I think im about 500 dollars into this. If it extends my life years then ive just made the best purchase of my life. I think the money upfront adds up so quick because there is so many options and for each option someone seems to think that is the coolest thing out there. You just have to find out what you like and then your golden. Good Luck

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
tamarahvt...don't worry about the cost. You're saving your own life and that's what matters. Just remind hubby what a hospital charges for an ER visit. Oh and a vapor ring back atcha.....
Oh, he really doesn't care. :) Just today he encouraged me to order from a local site even though the price was higher than on other sites. He quit smoking over two years ago so he's just thrilled to see something work so well for me.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
One other thing....don't let yourself get caught up in all the hype. One certain vendor that shall remain nameless, hypes up junk product. If there is something new hitting the market that you think you gotta have, wait for reviews. Don't blow your money on it right off. Most of the time they will go through revisions to correct problems. Stay with something simple that satisfies you, read reviews, then decide on what to buy. If someone would have given me my own advice, I would have saved a bunch. I'm just giving you some pointers and don't want you or anyone else to get disappointed because it fails to work right out of the box. Always give a new product some time. Okay, I hope I haven't repeated myself too much...LOL.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Oh, he really doesn't care. :) Just today he encouraged me to order from a local site even though the price was higher than on other sites. He quit smoking over two years ago so he's just thrilled to see something work so well for me.

He's lucky in that he could quit. Me...nope. If it wasn't for ecigs, I'd still be smoking myself into an early grave. My hubby will sometimes point out that I have a bunch of stuff (he vapes also). I just remind him that I keep supplies for me, him, and his co-worker...and if he'd like, I can withhold placing an order for his favorite juices...that usually shuts him up. The world would end if I did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread