lo-res 510 cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I've used them on my RiVa. It's actually pretty good and I credit them for the actual nudge that got me off cigarettes completely and solely vaping. Despite having smoked for 35 years, going through two packs a day, I couldn't handle them for prolonged use. My chest started to feel really tight, the same feeling you get with a night of debauchery filled with chain smoking cigarettes. Supposedly they will take a toll on a battery, both shortening the length of time you get on a charge and the overall lifespan, but I haven't noticed a problem yet with my four days of use (although I also coupled it with a 5V pass-through so it wasn't a 24/7 LR attie/battery combo).

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
I've used them on my RiVa. It's actually pretty good and I credit them for the actual nudge that got me off cigarettes completely and solely vaping. Despite having smoked for 35 years, going through two packs a day, I couldn't handle them for prolonged use. My chest started to feel really tight, the same feeling you get with a night of debauchery filled with chain smoking cigarettes. Supposedly they will take a toll on a battery, both shortening the length of time you get on a charge and the overall lifespan, but I haven't noticed a problem yet with my four days of use (although I also coupled it with a 5V pass-through so it wasn't a 24/7 LR attie/battery combo).

SS, where'd you get yours? My first experience with cartos was bad...real bad. One out of five worked and those were regulation cartos. I'd like to try them out again, but I'm hesitant. I love dripping, but ya' know...gotta drive sometimes. Thanks!

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I got mine from Nhaler. I have to admit, the first one I used, I didn't like. With the benefit of hindsight from my vast wealth of four weeks experience, I believe I had underfilled it. In addition, it got HOT!! So the next time, I made sure I put a lot of juice in it (I think it will hold about 1.5-2 mL, and this was just a regular, not one of the megas). I wasn't obsessive about refilling it, but with any slight perception in change of change of taste, I put more fluid in because the higher voltage does seem to go through fluid faster than at standard eGo/RiVa power. In addition, I kept the soft white top off and used one of the plastic drip tips, and it was perfect.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
You could also look into getting a 5V pass through. You could then use the cartos you have. I had a pretty nice setup. I got the 5V passthrough from R&R Vaporz and the 2A AC/USB adaptor from MadVapes so I could be plugged into the outlet rather than risk my computer's USB port. If you spend a lot of time in one place, that's a great way to go because it will use all your regular 510 equipment and eliminates the wear and tear on batteries. I happen to have just used my regular attie and cartridge on this, but a cartomizer would work as well, again with the proviso to keep an eye on the liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread