Long Time Lurker...Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratroddaddyo

Jan 19, 2014
San Angelo, TX
Hello All!

I have been a long time lurker and boy, is there some good info here! I wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone! How about some info on the frikkin' new guy?

I have been in and out of the vaping thing for, wow, about 8 or 9 years. I first ran across the idea on the innerwebs when I saw something about the NJoy. I ordered and got a bunch of extra batteries and found out about the fluids used (because the stock juice sucked!) in vaping to mix my own back then. Only trouble was, getting a nic solution online was impossible, so all my mixes were nic free and that was a terrible thing for a 2 pack-a-day smoker. I then got cool and got a manual battery setup (Joyetech I think). Still, no nic = total suck. Went back to analogs and drug out the ecig once in a while for years.

Recently, and I mean, like last year, I thought I would look into it again because my wife and I desperately needed to quit smoking because of the extra cost on health insurance and regular pee tests (because I work at a hospital :|). The extra $100 bucks every payperiod was ridiculous. Anyhoo, I started looking into something better than the turds I had and oh man, had the vape products blown up into a monster! I spent HOURS looking at a whole crapload of sites to find a couple of setups, and that, needless to say was overwhelming. I was simply amazed at how much stuff there was out there now.

Long story short, started back on a Storm clearomizer setup with those stick batteries that like to catch fire and now have moved on to Kanger ProTank 2s with a pipe mod. I bought a Tesla variable wattage battery last week and am now in weekly meetings for being a gear ...... I have parts and batteries and tanks and crap everywhere! I created a monster! I have a mad scientist lab for mixing juice and the whole nine yards.

Oh yeah, thick clouds kick ...! I don't care what anyone says. I like the visual feedback and it makes me feel like I am smoking like a freight train!

Anyway, I like tinkering and rebuilding stuff so now I am looking into making pipe mods out of exotic woods and such. I just have to find out where to get parts to build what I want. It has been an enjoyable experience even though I almost gave up again trying to sort through all the crap products and the wife and I have been analog free (dropped them completely, no tapering) since the week before Thanksgiving even while being around my family that smokes like a bunch of em-effers! Now finishing up my nic solution and am down to mixing at 4mg per ml just to get rid of the nic. Will continue vaping nic free just because it has become a helluva pastime!

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to say hi and give some background. Will be talking to you guys in the DIY sections and all that!

ratroddaddyo

Jan 19, 2014
San Angelo, TX
Can you pass the UA for nic using the ecig? I would expect the nic to show up anyway.

No, one would not pass, but, I signed a form stating I was on a quitting program and the ecig was one of the methods listed for quitting. I get the credit and have a whole year to get off the nic altogether. By then, my UA should pass with flying colors.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome to ecf.

Great story. I have heard that vaping zero nic for the 10 days prior to having a test does the trick. But that is just what I heard so take with a grain of salt.

Good for you beating the stinkies. That is a great accomplishment. You should be very happy and proud of yourself....Great job.

I also DIY but just started within the last year or so. Whole lot cheaper than buying on line.

Good luck to you and happy vaping.

:)

kottonmouth401

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2013
RI, USA
Nice to meet you :toast: Thanks for sharing your background. Man, you had a long journey to get here. I'm glad it eventually worked out to the point where you could ditch the analogs completely. Good luck with the pipe mods, and be sure to post some pics when you get one made. I love seeing people's custom mods. Keep vaping & enjoy!

ratroddaddyo

Jan 19, 2014
San Angelo, TX
Welcome! Give the Aerotank from Kanger a try. You might be nicely surprised. It's a great upgrade from the pt2!

I actually picked one of those up the other day! It definitely has a different feel and I like the fact that I can adjust that airflow. I like a tight draw. Clouds like a bawse and great flavor. The best of both worlds!

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
No, one would not pass, but, I signed a form stating I was on a quitting program and the ecig was one of the methods listed for quitting. I get the credit and have a whole year to get off the nic altogether. By then, my UA should pass with flying colors.

Welcome to ECF and I hope you find this community to be supportive. Sounds like you are experienced and will have a lot to share.

Really glad to hear that your employment and health provider consider vaping to be a method for quitting analogs. I hope that more companies and health care providers see it the same way. It will save a lot of lives (and health care money). Namaste.

Really glad to hear that your employment and health provider consider vaping to be a method for quitting analogs. I hope that more companies and health care providers see it the same way. It will save a lot of lives (and health care money).

Being that it is a hospital I work for, thank goodness they see things that way. I just hope they don't start listening to government excuses of why they (big govt) think it should be regulated like tobacco. It is one of those hospitals that is non-profit and makes their money off of government payout. They may understand that vaping (or steaming as I like to call it) is a much healthier alternative, but places like that, unfortunately, eventually have the tendency to say "yes sir" to the government when it comes to the paycheck. We just gotta keep on keepin' on and keeping the main thing the main thing!

Hello and welcome to ecf.

Great story. I have heard that vaping zero nic for the 10 days prior to having a test does the trick. But that is just what I heard so take with a grain of salt.

Good for you beating the stinkies. :)

Thanks! ...and yes, I have heard the same thing about the 10 days. Thankfully, once weaned down to 0 nic, I should just be able to do it for the sheer pleasure and not because I am a nasty "addict"! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread