long time vaper with recent nicotene issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

james lloyd tiffner

Oct 30, 2018
Hi,
just wondering if anyone has had this issue. I have been vaping since 2011 and suddenly my BP started raising and my breathing was more difficult off and on. I thought maybee it was the juice from the new shop that opened since BP and breathing got better after i ran out of there fluid (was also sick when i got the fluid so i initially thought it was that for atleast the breathing). the fluid i had once that ran out was 0 nic and i was breathing fine with regular blood pressure. i will skip some of my experimentation since that would take awhile but i have tried a few different fluids with varying amount of nic and pg/vg ratios and if i test my BP before having it its 104ish/74ish then 20 minutes after any nic level its 150/110+ and stays up for several hours and is hard to breath. 0 nic is no effect.
Im currently just staying with 0 nic but didnt know if anyone else has come across this issue :(

i have not tried nic salts but im assuming that would be worse. also although i am not going to keep smoking them i bummed a few regular cigarettes and the had no effect on my BP after 15 minutes

james lloyd tiffner

Oct 30, 2018
Well, you say with 0mg, you're good. How much nic was in the other mixes?
12, 9,6 and 3. one of the fluids (9) it got a 15 mil with and a 15 mil without for same flavor.. the nic one had the same reaction and the 0 nic had no effect. im sure i will get over the nic withdrawls i just found it odd when regular cigs didnt effect it (have a home monitor to check it with)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
just wondering if anyone has had this issue. I have been vaping since 2011 and suddenly my BP started raising and my breathing was more difficult off and on. I thought maybee it was the juice from the new shop that opened since BP and breathing got better after i ran out of there fluid (was also sick when i got the fluid so i initially thought it was that for atleast the breathing). the fluid i had once that ran out was 0 nic and i was breathing fine with regular blood pressure. i will skip some of my experimentation since that would take awhile but i have tried a few different fluids with varying amount of nic and pg/vg ratios and if i test my BP before having it its 104ish/74ish then 20 minutes after any nic level its 150/110+ and stays up for several hours and is hard to breath. 0 nic is no effect.
Im currently just staying with 0 nic but didnt know if anyone else has come across this issue :(
i have not tried nic salts but im assuming that would be worse. also although i am not going to keep smoking them i bummed a few regular cigarettes and the had no effect on my BP after 15 minutes
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sorry to hear about your BP.
Might like to read:
E-cig study says vaping has no negative health effects on myocardial functions
We are all different,HBP not unheard of before:
Might want to try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in " Blood pressure ".

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You need to research Nicotine and blood pressure.

It sounds to me as if you simply took a gamble and lost. Stay off the Nic' or go slow.

12mg isn't slow i.m.o.

Also, are you vaping at 10 watts or 50 watts (or 200 watts? :eek:)

I vape 18mg at 8w. 6mg at 24w. 3mg at 48w - You get my drift?

Good luck though dude. Hang in there. We'll love you whatever you wanna do. :thumbs:

You need to research Nicotine and blood pressure.

It sounds to me as if you simply took a gamble and lost. Stay off the Nic' or go slow.

12mg isn't slow i.m.o.

Also, are you vaping at 10 watts or 50 watts (or 200 watts? :eek:)

I vape 18mg at 8w. 6mg at 24w. 3mg at 48w - You get my drift?

Good luck though dude. Hang in there. We'll love you whatever you wanna do. :thumbs:
thanks.. i tried anywhere from 3-12, but have been vaping for 6 years.. currently staying on 0 nic this week

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread