Longtime sludge vapers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
I have been vaping sludge for over a year, it is or was, my favorite vape in all of vapedome. However, in January it started tasting very different. Gone was the rich dark tobacco flavor with a slight infusion of raisin/plum as advertised. It now tasted of Rolos or cheap Easter chocolate. I gave it a month break, just to see if it was my tastebuds. So here I am with a brand new bottle, clean tank, fresh coil. Ignite...inhale...nope still tastes like a cheap chocolate candy. Has anyone else noticed a difference? I am not a novice vaper, so it's not the usual culprits people rush to assume. I long for the sludge flavor I had in January of 2013

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
You know I kind of noticed this as well. My problem is I like a variety so vape many flavors every day and am never sure if it's just me or the juice. My latest bottle is by not means bad..just didn't seem to be the same. I am now vaping DF like it's going out of style and although it was always ok..wasn't my favorite. That goes back to why I'm not sure if it's me or the juice:facepalm:

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
I do love Dragon's Fire as well. It has always tasted the same and I enjoy it fresh or steeped. I'm pretty sure it's not your tastebuds either as I vape a variety as well, and they all still taste the same...except my favorite. [sludge]. I've never really gotten burnt out on flavors or tasted a different flavor all together until now, that's why I'm almost positive something has changed. It may not be "bad" per se, but I'm not a fan of how it tastes now, that's for sure.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Scan, long time no see.

As for Sludge changing, that would truly be a shame as it's one of my favs too. I still have a huge stock from early summer 2013 so I haven't tried any new juices this year. That said, I have notice change in other juices from HHV like Pirate's Booty; Legend itself went through many stages of change. Some of these changes were from changes in the extraction process and these, when noticed, were traceable. Others changed due to the fact that they are naturally extracted from a crop of tobacco; changes can occur from one crop to the next the same way most produce can vary in taste.

Since there are no additives to the extracts to "enhance" flavor, such as in most analog cigarettes, to keep them tasting the same from pack to pack year after year there is bound to be some change.

If this is a fresh extract, it may well change with age, just as the bottles we get change. Hopefully, it changes for the better in the case of Sludge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread