• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Question for the long time vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Is there a point when the tastebuds go way out of whack, I'm coming up on three months analogue free and ALL of my juices are tasting like crap. Even my ADVs are tasting nasty, ive tried cleaning the vivi and tried a new head, tried my boges and my stardusts, tried loading new stardusts. even tried different batteries. and everything is tasting like... hard to describe... nicotine/peppery without flavor mixed with a little dryhit and a litte burnt. Basically tasting all the unpleasant tastes associated with vaping and none of the good. Even jokesmoke the "neutral" flavor is making me want to scrape a knife across my tastebuds. Is this a milestone it the vaping journey or am i just having a bad couple of days?:confused:

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yeah, I had the same problem at around 2 months. When I first started vaping, I got off analogues using 24mg vanilla. I LOVED it. Then I got a bunch of fruit flavours, and loved those. All of a sudden, everything started tasting gross. The vanilla was nasty, the fruits were weak and flavourless.

I ended up going to tobacco flavours. What once tasted strong and nasty was now satisfying and tasty. I vaped that a bunch, and I still go back to fruit flavours every now and then for a treat, but after a while they lose their taste again.

Now I just stick to really odd DIY concoctions that make everyone else give me funny looks (ecto + tangerine, uber mentholated), and Dekang dk-tab and RY4. It is pretty much the only thing that satisfies me, and I'm going on 5 months.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
I have 9 different carto/clearo/tanks filled with 9 different flavors, I switch between them when im not feelin the ADV.

Are you a menthol smoker by anychance?

Also are the juices completely different categories. Vaping all fruit juices or all menthol juices does the same thing to me.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
My loaded flavors are... Canada-e-juices Pina Colada, Butterscotch from Vaporus, And Juggies Razzleberry, H2o Melonzs, Jokesmoke, Creamy PB and Bannana, Organic Cola, Dekangs DK Tab, and a DIY "Mochanilla Latte".... And now JS3 McKool.

Could be flavor overload. The few names of juices I recognize are on the flavorful side.

I wish you luck! Only suggestion I have is maybe try vaping pure VG/PG to see if you get any nasty taste. If not, I'm pretty sure its flavor overload.

I doubt its a hardware issue since you said they're all in different setups.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
The McKool is not tasting the same kinda nasty, just getting punched in the mouth with menthol :). Maybe try this vape for the night and see whats up in the morning... BTW after three good pulls on the MCKool breathing afteward is like having a halls in your mouth, cool sensation on just the air going down.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
The McKool is not tasting the same kinda nasty, just getting punched in the mouth with menthol :). Maybe try this vape for the night and see whats up in the morning... BTW after three good pulls on the MCKool breathing afteward is like having a halls in your mouth, cool sensation on just the air going down.

LOL I love menthol vaping. When you find the right amount, it opens up the airways without overpowering the flavor.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
I guess that 10 months qualifies as a long time vaper (?), and the same thing happens every so often. Like you, I have about 10 stardusts with different juices on the go, which I rotate throughout the day. Whenever the old taste buds go BLAH, I drip my "palate cleanser" which is a VERY strong flavoured wintergreen juice. Generally works, but not all the time :(

Everyone is different, but I personally think it's just part of the game. It would be nice if it didn't happen, but still better than the stinkies :)

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
Mint/menthol = saviour for me. After weeks of health issues which included lots of pharmaceuticals, I felt nauseous whenever I even smelled any one of my 50 juices. Grabbed some Spearmint and had no issues vaping that. Mints are now my ADV, and I wasn't a menthol smoker. Everything else tastes fake, chemical, weird, too strong, too sweet, etc. And I'm talking about some of the most popular juices out there. So another thumbs up for something minty.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Been hitting the JS3 McKool all day there were a few moments when even the mckool tasted bland, but for the most part its been ok.
Just tried my H2o Melons and BLAAH. Gonna keep hitting the MCkool for another day or two. If the problem persists ill try cleaning the vivi again, grrr. I have 35 different flavors sitting here. Might just have to clean and switch out em all.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Don't worry, your tastebuds will be back. I think most people go through that flavourless/blah phase after they switch exclusively to E-cigs. I went through it twice -- the first time after a few weeks, then again a few months later. Your taste will usually return after a few days to a week (everyone, as always, is different), and generally -- at least I've found -- when they come back, you'll be able to taste even more -- not just your juice, but everything. I couldn't take my usual measures of Tabasco anymore after the second run, it was just too damn spicy. Had to acclimate myself to it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread