Look, Mom, No BUTTONS! Auto mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
bigblue30 (hubby) made me this morning with just a little "nudge nudge" from me. I'm lovin' it and no more dead batteries for me!

He cannabilized my PureSmoke (not PureSmoker). It's a great size and no more button pushing! vape and it's on.....stop vaping and it's off!

DSC03211.jpg

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
It's sunny, 82 degrees and humid. More info needed?:D

Okay....I can't tell you much. I'll tell you what he told me....well, the part I understood :)

He started with a PureSmoke (Not PureSmoker) three piece e-cig. He pulled it apart and showed me the size of the circuits involved...they were minuscule! The circuit boards that I saw were a quarter of an inch square (if that) with a bunch of wires coming out of it. He said he had to shorten the wires and had to do micro-surgery soldering. No kidding. I couldn't even see exactly where the wires were, let alone solder them. After the wires were shortened, he had to do more solder-surgery to extend the 2 battery wires to connect to the connectors in the Duracell box where the 900 TrustFire was. At some point, he moved the LED that was from the PureSmoke and placed it in the little window at the top as an "in use" indicator when vaped. If you want more detail, you can ask bigblue30 or respond back and he can respond.

That's the full extent of my knowledge....on this subject.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
That really is micro-soldering! I like autos too, but since I have to hold the box I just accepted pushing the button.
So can he get to the switch to clean it if it gets juice in it?

He says he took the normal vacuum switch (since this is an automatic) and removed it from the metal tube it was in and now has it mounted at the bottom of the atty connector which when the case is opened is accessible easily, unlike if it was buried inside of a metal tube.

So, the answer to your question is it's much easier to get to now than if it was built inside a tube. Fast answer...yup!

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Right after I read your thread, I saw his Variable Box Mod. You have quite a modder there. It seems surgical soldering is nothing for him!

Not bad for a 55 year old dood, eh? The soldering he did on my newest one is WAAAY smaller than the variable thing you saw!

Not bad either for a 30 year old Weller pencil soldering iron. Hmmm...he's been wanting a new adjustable soldering station. I wonder why? Will he still be able to use it after using the old one, lol? :laugh:

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
42109, yup, that's an option, and he's built several variable mods with buttons. I asked for (and got) an auto mod. I wasn't really interested in a button or switch. This is a "work in progress" and I'm confident that he'll make the adjustments and I'll be a happy camper!

BTW, I'm still having a problem with vaping anything without coughing, as I've indicated on several threads. We've ordered some low nic juices and hope that will resolve my problems along that line.

Thanks for the input!

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
BTW, I'm still having a problem with vaping anything without coughing
Thanks for the input!

Coughing from a vapor hit is much better than an analog :p
Seriously tho, In the morning I vape the "lighter" flavors than what I do in the afternoon.
I start out with blackberry cream soda or some smooth ry4 then move onto virginia fire cured & cinnimon later in the afternoon, and by nightfall everything gets confused..blackberry gets mixed with the cinnimon, virginia gets mixed with some ry4...so on...but I stay a Happy Camper ! :toast:

PS. I got 3ml of sweetner from vikingvap and 1 drop added to a 10ml bottle smoothed out some juice that was origianlly too strong if that helps.?

Ralph Hilton

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Semmering, Austria
Not bad either for a 30 year old Weller pencil soldering iron. Hmmm...he's been wanting a new adjustable soldering station. I wonder why? Will he still be able to use it after using the old one, lol? :laugh:
He probably won't be able to use the old one after he plays with the new one for half an hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread