The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Look, Mom, No BUTTONS! Auto mod :)

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by susie22321, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. susie22321

susie22321 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    bigblue30 (hubby) made me this morning with just a little "nudge nudge" from me. I'm lovin' it and no more dead batteries for me!

He cannabilized my PureSmoke (not PureSmoker). It's a great size and no more button pushing! Vape and it's on.....stop vaping and it's off!

[​IMG]

2. IMWylde

IMWylde Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2010
    USA
    Any info forth coming?

Tease :)

3. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    It's sunny, 82 degrees and humid. More info needed?:D

Okay....I can't tell you much. I'll tell you what he told me....well, the part I understood :)

He started with a PureSmoke (Not PureSmoker) three piece e-cig. He pulled it apart and showed me the size of the circuits involved...they were minuscule! The circuit boards that I saw were a quarter of an inch square (if that) with a bunch of wires coming out of it. He said he had to shorten the wires and had to do micro-surgery soldering. No kidding. I couldn't even see exactly where the wires were, let alone solder them. After the wires were shortened, he had to do more solder-surgery to extend the 2 battery wires to connect to the connectors in the Duracell box where the 900 TrustFire was. At some point, he moved the LED that was from the PureSmoke and placed it in the little window at the top as an "in use" indicator when vaped. If you want more detail, you can ask bigblue30 or respond back and he can respond.

That's the full extent of my knowledge....on this subject.

4. four2109

four2109 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    S. Indiana
    That really is micro-soldering! I like autos too, but since I have to hold the box I just accepted pushing the button.
    So can he get to the switch to clean it if it gets juice in it?

5. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    He says he took the normal vacuum switch (since this is an automatic) and removed it from the metal tube it was in and now has it mounted at the bottom of the atty connector which when the case is opened is accessible easily, unlike if it was buried inside of a metal tube.

So, the answer to your question is it's much easier to get to now than if it was built inside a tube. Fast answer...yup!

6. four2109

May 9, 2009
    S. Indiana
    Right after I read your thread, I saw his Variable Box Mod. You have quite a modder there. It seems surgical soldering is nothing for him!

7. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI

Not bad for a 55 year old dood, eh? The soldering he did on my newest one is WAAAY smaller than the variable thing you saw!

Not bad either for a 30 year old Weller pencil soldering iron. Hmmm...he's been wanting a new adjustable soldering station. I wonder why? Will he still be able to use it after using the old one, lol? :laugh:

8. roadrash

roadrash Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2010
    Hillsboro NH
    Susie got a Sassy mod.:D

Thats some really nice work by the BB. He is a busy Beaver.:)

Any problems with the attie going off by itself?

ttfn. :laugh:

9. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    Just the opposite, RR. I think Steve will need to look into adding a tube on the bottom of the switch to focus more air across it. It's way kewl, but the "hit" required needs a bit of fine-tuning :)

Those Duracell toys are great, thanks to Sassy!

10. four2109

May 9, 2009
    S. Indiana
    I'm sure he could rig you a dual switch so you would have the option of manual override!;)
    I would be interested to hear how that worked out.
    I love autos when I want hands free operation. ...How I smoked most of the time. I just never thought of it working with a box.

11. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    42109, yup, that's an option, and he's built several variable mods with buttons. I asked for (and got) an auto mod. I wasn't really interested in a button or switch. This is a "work in progress" and I'm confident that he'll make the adjustments and I'll be a happy camper!

BTW, I'm still having a problem with vaping anything without coughing, as I've indicated on several threads. We've ordered some low nic juices and hope that will resolve my problems along that line.

Thanks for the input!

12. Dubs58

Dubs58 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2010
    Texas
    Coughing from a vapor hit is much better than an analog :p
    Seriously tho, In the morning I vape the "lighter" flavors than what I do in the afternoon.
    I start out with blackberry cream soda or some smooth ry4 then move onto virginia fire cured & cinnimon later in the afternoon, and by nightfall everything gets confused..blackberry gets mixed with the cinnimon, virginia gets mixed with some ry4...so on...but I stay a Happy Camper ! :toast:

PS. I got 3ml of sweetner from vikingvap and 1 drop added to a 10ml bottle smoothed out some juice that was origianlly too strong if that helps.?

13. Jackal3

Jackal3 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Cleveland OH USA
    Hmm... big BRAVO on the mod!

Now... can he do it with an 18650 battery? lol.

14. susie22321

Jun 6, 2010
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    Dubs, I think we've tried every concoction and additive there is! I do have some low nic juice coming, so we'll see!

Jackal, he says it would be tough! :laugh:

15. roadrash

roadrash Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2010
    Hillsboro NH
    be nice if you could, with a lr510 attie. but the 18650 is just to fat.:D

16. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2009
    Semmering, Austria
    He probably won't be able to use the old one after he plays with the new one for half an hour!

17. johnny bobcat

johnny bobcat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Any tutorials forthcoming??? I would love to know how to do this

18. Nothing Norml

Nothing Norml Senior Member ECF Veteran

Do you think you will have any problems with the auto feature like on a regular auto batt?

NN

19. bigblue30

bigblue30 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

May 10, 2010
    Saint Clair Shores
    I built this from a used auto battery..so for better or worse..it it will work just like a auto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.