Status
Not open for further replies.

bgoracy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Hampshire
Hello All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tank that has replaceable single 3.0ohm coils? (By coils, I mean just like the nautilus bvc coils that can be bought online) I would prefer a tank that can hold at least 5ml. Not sure if such a thing exists today as everyone does sub ohm.

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
To get that 3Ω coil, you are going to have to build it. 5ml rebuildable tanks are plentiful, but as r77r7r recommended, an aspire nautilus coil at 1.8Ω and an original nautilus OR a uwell original crown tank that has multiple coil options are good starting points.

• Agree

bgoracy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Hampshire
That would probably be a Smok or Boge cartomizer. Hard to find though. Lots of threads on the ecf on how to use them. Gl
Why would you want to use one, if I may? A 1.8 ohm nautilus is probably close.
Hello,

The nautilus coils at 1.6 or 1.8 really make me cough and hurt my throat. When I use the same liquid in a 3.0ohm cartomizer it doesn't hurt, but cartomizers suck because they get juice all over the 510 connection.

• Optimistic

Qaay

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2017
Poland
Hello,

The nautilus coils at 1.6 or 1.8 really make me cough and hurt my throat.

Nautilus would be still the best option for you imho because it's really hard to buy something within your desired specs nowdays. Get a TC coil if your device(what do you use btw?) can control temperature or 1.8 clapton coil, lower the wattage and play a bit with airflow - if it doesn't help start working with your e-liquid lowering nicotine level and/or pg level will help for sure with throat hit.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    maybe a T20? The Innnokin endura series uses a modern cartomiser.
    5pcs-Innokin-Endura-T20-Coil_00351885df42.jpg

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't have a recommendation for a 3.0 atomizer (other than a rebuildable perhaps) but I would also suggest playing around a bit with your airflow, wattage, and juices. It could be your juice ratio of PG/VG is too harsh for you in that setup. You may be able to make the N2 work for you. Everyone "recommends" higher PG in MTL setups but I am PG sensitive so I use primarily VG and 10% distilled water (now) but even at close to max VG, I was able to make that setup work, although I did have more coil gunking until I started DIY and adding DW. You probably do have some room to play with your PG/VG ratio, and I might recommend more VG to help with the throat hit, etc.

You could go to a carto but as has been said, that can get expensive. If cartos work for you though and other options don't, well, it may still be worth it.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Agree
    Reactions: ImThatGuy

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    Sadly the closest i could find in my search for "classic" vapegear, i found some Evod heads at 2.5, but the tanks that it fit in are 1.5ml protankIIs. sadly there are not a lot of hires options anymore. depending on how adventurous you are, there are fairly large rebuildable tanks that with 28 or 30 awg kanthal, you could make your own 3 ohm coils and be set.

• Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread