Looking for a all day e-liquid similar to the old Herculian Menthol from Totally Wicked

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Hi there

The first time I quit analogs and moved to vaping was like in 2010/11... back then I found the perfect all day e-liquid for me that wouldn't get me bored or fed up. It was herculian Menthol (came in 500ml bottles) at 36mg nic. I used to "cut" it with some VG from Cloud9Vaping (don't know why, but that VG was always something better tasting than any other VG I tried) down to 24mg.

The result was for me the smoothest, finest e-liquid I could possibly had and I vaped it for almost two years. Unfortunately, Totally Wicked droped that line and I never found a real subtitute that I would enjoy as much.

I recently got back to vaping (Almost two weeks now) and after the initial shopping madness to get up to todays standards, I started to look for an all day vape... have been out of luck though... I've tried several flavors from companies lik Liqua, Dekang and Hangsen but none tastes well and balanced enough to have as a all day vape... most flavors just become... I don't know... insatisfactory?

I don't appreciate complex tastes. Through the years I found out that menthol was probably the only flavor I could use all day long without it getting nauseous or boring but there are many menthols out there but most are not up to par.

Basically what I'm looking for is:

a) As clear as possible e-liquid... preferably closer to translucent
b) nicotine percentage of 18+ mg
c) relatively cheap as I will be buying larger quantities (at least 250ml or 500ml on a regular basis)
d) strait menthol (or tasting as such), not too harsh or strong but no sissy either (I can cut it down if needed with more vg)
e) preferably 50/50 at 18mg or more pg than vg at high strenghts (giving me the possibility to cut it down with strait vg)
f) europe sourced. I can't fight constantly with customs nor waiting months to get an order

Am I asking too much here? Is there any old time vaper out there that used to use that herculian menthol from Totally wicked and knows what I'm talking about?

I still have high hopes on a e-liquid I ordered from the UK (seems to be reviewed several times as very high quality/taste) and its ice menthol (and bulksize orders are available) BUT... the damm 30ml sample I ordered vanished in the mail somewhere so I'm still waiting for it to arrive (hopefully) and to test it out.

I tried menthols from Liqua, dekang and hangsen but none satisfied me... they generally sucked.

Oh and before someone asks me why not DIY... I did that in the old days... got a nice dealer in the UK for the nicotine (52mg), pg and vg and in the local Pharmacy I got 99.5% pure menthol crystals... Completely translucent liquid BUT... kinda harsh... never managed to smooth it out at 24mg and whats worse is that I later discovered that the menthol crystals I was buying had the following marking on the bottle: 99.5% pure menthol crystal - Not made for human ingestion.... Upppss.... so basically I don't have a reliable menthol source and the taste wasn't that great.

Any help please?

Regards
Tony

PS: If somebody suggests any form of blueberry, I'm going to kill him/her... I'm still pucking my guts out from this morning experience... God I hate that stuff. Sorry,, I had to say it :)

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Update: I think I found a replacement! Yesterday that e-liquid from the UK finally arrived... wow... for a menthol junky like me, its heaven. crystal clear juice, no secondary tastes, super strong menthol... I'm convinced. Going to get 500ml for starters. Its 50/50 pg/vg at 24mg but I might cut it down to 18mg with more vg.

Only doubt I have is what are the consequences of chronical prolonged use of menthol? Generally I believe its probably the most studied flavor there is as it is used for years in every kind of food/aerosol/gum/creme etc but I still remember some gossip about it hurting your lungs on continous use. Haven't found anything backing that up but kinda worried...?

Thanks anyway

Regards
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread