Looking for a better box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cvilledustin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
United States
Hi guys. Built me up a little box mod to test the waters on the workings, I used a cheap battery case for 18650s. so now I want a box that's a little more sturdy. I'm liking the blue project boxes from madvapes but not sure which one will fit. Looking for the size that will hold two 18650 side by side, maybe a touch bigger. Any help would be great

Oh here's my first one. Still gotta clean it up and such
e8amega8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
Not to slam Madvapes, but the transparent boxes they offer are extremely brittle. I had one crack while pre-drilling with a 3/32 bit (never used, not dull). I second the Hammond 1590 series, the are nice. Only issue I have is the fact that they aren't flat on the ends or sides - a little filing/grinding remedied that though.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I don't believe that I'd want a store bought box, as my distributor does hardwood floors & he makes his own with the scrap hardwood. Many of the ones sold in stores & online are cheap imports sold at high margins.

They are sold as a kit, with fitting installed & adapters included, including 2 batteries. Not sure of the exact price, but I do know it's upwards of $100, he makes them when his flooring business is slow by custom order. Engraving is also available, as well as color selection (except clear).

Special requests by email.

Products | Lunar Vapor

Cat

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
I don't believe that I'd want a store bought box, as my distributor does hardwood floors & he makes his own with the scrap hardwood. Many of the ones sold in stores & online are cheap imports sold at high margins.

They are sold as a kit, with fitting installed & adapters included, including 2 batteries. Not sure of the exact price, but I do know it's upwards of $100, he makes them when his flooring business is slow by custom order. Engraving is also available, as well as color selection (except clear).

Special requests by email.

Products | Lunar Vapor

Cat

No pics of the boxes in that link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread